Jump to content

caleb68

What was the point of collecting tombstones if...

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, caleb68 said:

Bitter? nah. Halloween use to be one of my favorite holidays, especially back when people still went all out and decorated their yards for the kids,  loved going around the neighborhoods and seeing all the spooky decorations, now the only spooky holiday decorations for Halloween I ever see is the little bit some businesses put out, or in games. 

Didn't mean bitter about this issue specifically, just about the collective group of stuff that annoys you.

Don't take it the wrong way, I enjoy watching you get fired up about stuff, even if I don't always agree with you.  I was like that too, before I ran out of energy and just lowered my expectations lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, caleb68 said:

Using that train of thinking is the same as saying that when people could cryopod dinos with 450+ levels to keep them on server restarts wasn't being a exploits either.  It doesn't matter what your intentions were, its still a exploit.

Well thats not an exploit either. Those dinos will stay only in cryopods. If you try to uncryo them they go poof instantly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Piffguru said:

I still have my tombstones n stuff in my cooking pot, but im on console and it seems that the rates went down to standard evo rates but the tree colors and spooky piles are still turned on. Figured it was while they figure out how to get people their emotes back or something.

Also I still have holiday items in a vault from last year lol.

Thats because turning off the event items requires a patch and takes longer on consoles due certification. Rates however can be turned off on the fly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SMP said:

Didn't mean bitter about this issue specifically, just about the collective group of stuff that annoys you.

Don't take it the wrong way, I enjoy watching you get fired up about stuff, even if I don't always agree with you.  I was like that too, before I ran out of energy and just lowered my expectations lol

yeah im not afraid to speak my mind thats for sure. I do enjoy the game but they do stuff like this where things just get deleted, its rather annoying to say the least.

 

Just now, Luewen said:

Well thats not an exploit either. Those dinos will stay only in cryopods. If you try to uncryo them they go poof instantly.

thats before wildcard fixed it,  you could pod them, and keep the stats for server restarts, same with saddles that were above the maxium, pod the dino wait for server restart unpod and you'd still have the saddle.  It was a example of how using something to avoid getting a item deleted that was meant to be deleted is considered a exploit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, caleb68 said:

yeah im not afraid to speak my mind thats for sure. I do enjoy the game but they do stuff like this where things just get deleted, its rather annoying to say the least.

 

thats before wildcard fixed it,  you could pod them, and keep the stats for server restarts, same with saddles that were above the maxium, pod the dino wait for server restart unpod and you'd still have the saddle.  It was a example of how using something to avoid getting a item deleted that was meant to be deleted is considered a exploit.

Saddles still stay above cap when podded with dinos. Dinos have gone poof above 450 when uncryod for a looong time now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2019 at 2:50 PM, Piffguru said:

I still have my tombstones n stuff in my cooking pot, but im on console and it seems that the rates went down to standard evo rates but the tree colors and spooky piles are still turned on. Figured it was while they figure out how to get people their emotes back or something.

Also I still have holiday items in a vault from last year lol.

You are lucky, all mine vanished, the strange thing was it vanished on the day the event was 1st meant to finish, but i was still able to collect everything again, Same thing happened over the winter event, i even placed everything and it all went when the event finished. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rico86 said:

You are lucky, all mine vanished, the strange thing was it vanished on the day the event was 1st meant to finish, but i was still able to collect everything again, Same thing happened over the winter event, i even placed everything and it all went when the event finished. 

Yea they eventually turned off the event completely on xbox and all our stuff disappeared also. But I guess they didnt do a dino wipe cause I found a few skeletal dinos after and got some bones from them lol but I dont plan on holding them till next event so I just dropped them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2019 at 1:34 AM, caleb68 said:

Using that train of thinking is the same as saying that when people could cryopod dinos with 450+ levels to keep them on server restarts wasn't being a exploits either.  It doesn't matter what your intentions were, its still a exploit.

Using game mechanics as intended is not an exploit. Period. An exploit involves using game mechanics in a way that isn't intended. Uploading stuff into an obi or transmitter temporarily removes the items from the map; that's all intended functionality. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2019 at 10:25 AM, DeHammer said:

Using game mechanics as intended is not an exploit. Period. An exploit involves using game mechanics in a way that isn't intended. Uploading stuff into an obi or transmitter temporarily removes the items from the map; that's all intended functionality. 

using a game mechanic that isn't meant to be used in such a manor to avoid getting items deleted that should have been deleted is an exploit regardless of how you try to justify it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2019 at 4:25 PM, caleb68 said:

using a game mechanic that isn't meant to be used in such a manor to avoid getting items deleted that should have been deleted is an exploit regardless of how you try to justify it.

No. Putting items into an obi to remove them from the map is exactly what the obi and transmitter are intended for. Period.The devs could easily enforce whatever limitations they wanted. For instance not being able to transfer trophy items.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2019 at 8:21 PM, DeHammer said:

No. Putting items into an obi to remove them from the map is exactly what the obi and transmitter are intended for. Period.The devs could easily enforce whatever limitations they wanted. For instance not being able to transfer trophy items.

still trying to justify it eh? so using your logic duping via a obelisk is perfectly legit too because, game mechanics and wildcard could easily stop it.

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, caleb68 said:

still trying to justify it eh? so using your logic duping via a obelisk is perfectly legit too because, game mechanics and wildcard could easily stop it.

Comparing duping (which is an unfair competitive advantage) to decorative items (that provide no competitive advantage whatsoever) is like comparing apples and oranges.

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, GP said:

Comparing duping (which is an unfair competitive advantage) to decorative items (that provide no competitive advantage whatsoever) is like comparing apples and oranges.

im comparing 'game mechanics' in 'creating / keeping' items that weren't meant to exist. people focus on the smallest of things.

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, caleb68 said:

still trying to justify it eh? so using your logic duping via a obelisk is perfectly legit too because, game mechanics and wildcard could easily stop it.

Apples & oranges. Duping is not even close to an equivalent comparison. Duping is not easily prevented without also preventing transfers completely, and it also requires the manipulation of save files, which is clearly an exploit. 

At least I have logic. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DeHammer said:

Just because you can post illogical nonsense, doesn't mean you should.

its funny your fighting this so hard, only someone who knows that what they did was wrong would continue to argue the issue.  And here we are, you saying something is illogical because it brings a valid point to the table and you can't find a real argument to counter it. Just because something exists in the game that one can use to 'get around something' doesn't mean its a mechanic that was intentionally left in play. But that's okay, you keep thinking that its a illogical argument.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...