What was the point of collecting tombstones if...

caleb68

What was the point of collecting tombstones if...

.. you were just going to delete them from my storage?  I thought perhaps they would remain inventory items as we got a few from a decayed base before the event, but I guess they didn't feel that we would want to hold on to them this year.  I just noticed that the 200 tombstones I had collected just vanished out of storage, along with the scarecrows I had left and pumpkins... Whats the point of collecting them if they are all just going to vanish at the end of the event?  here I thought maybe if I lost a dino I could toss one of these attractive tombstones out after the event with the dino's name on it, but nope, they all went away after the patch... kinda bites.. yeah they may of been easy to collect from the loot piles but it was the time spent collecting them. 

well... least I got a couple skins out of the event and the emotes (thanks to the aid of other players on the server for scarecrows), and a couple colored anky for breeding.

1 hour ago, GP said:

I placed a load of items and they stayed. ? I also uploaded a load of items in the transmitter and they stayed. ? Going to do the same during Winter Wonderland.

:|  well that's just nice of wildcard  Doesn't make any sense why they would just delete them from containers and players inventory,  honestly, their just decorations.... lame.

1 minute ago, Demerus said:

the point is as players, we have to do these stupid little work-arounds all the time and its getting old.

yeah no doubt, shouldn't have to do that.

1 minute ago, GP said:

Yes I know, but i'd rather help myself by doing the work arounds than complain on deaf ears. People need to help themselves more.

We shouldn't have to use a exploit to keep simple decorations.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, caleb68 said:

We shouldn't have to use a exploit to keep simple decorations.

It's not an exploit. Using transmitters to upload stuff is not an exploit, and nor is placing decorative items during an event and leaving them there.

But now you know what to do for next time at least, so that's your opportunity to help yourself next time.

Just now, GP said:

It's not an exploit. Using transmitters to upload stuff is not an exploit, and nor is placing decorative items during an event and leaving them there.

But now you know what to do for next time at least, so that's your opportunity to help yourself next time.

Using the transmitter to keep items that get deleted from everywhere else, Yes I would consider that being a Exploit.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, caleb68 said:

Using the transmitter to keep items that get deleted from everywhere else, Yes I would consider that being a Exploit.

Nope, because I was intending on downloading them on the other 4 servers I play on, so they were uploaded to transfer. I just never got round to it.

10 minutes ago, GP said:

Yes I know, but i'd rather help myself by doing the work arounds than complain on deaf ears. People need to help themselves more.

Using that train of thinking is the same as saying that when people could cryopod dinos with 450+ levels to keep them on server restarts wasn't being a exploits either.  It doesn't matter what your intentions were, its still a exploit.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, caleb68 said:

Using that train of thinking is the same as saying that when people could cryopod dinos with 450+ levels to keep them on server restarts wasn't being a exploits either.  It doesn't matter what your intentions were, its still a exploit.

Ok so placing my decorative items which is what the game intends is also an exploit is it?

3 minutes ago, GP said:

Ok so placing my decorative items which is what the game intends is also an exploit is it?

Faceplam if you like, its the truth, I get it, no one likes to be told they used a exploit to keep something in the game, But its a truth. 

Fact of the matter remains, everyone else got these deleted storing them in the normal method, while you uploaded them to a obelisk and they remained in there, being that anyone that stored them in the normal method didn't get to keep them, and the intention was for all of them to be removed from everyone, yeah, using the obelisk to keep items that should of been deleted would be a Exploit. 

• Volunteer Moderator
46 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

Faceplam if you like, its the truth, I get it, no one likes to be told they used a exploit to keep something in the game, But its a truth. 

Fact of the matter remains, everyone else got these deleted storing them in the normal method, while you uploaded them to a obelisk and they remained in there, being that anyone that stored them in the normal method didn't get to keep them, and the intention was for all of them to be removed from everyone, yeah, using the obelisk to keep items that should of been deleted would be a Exploit. 

The intention was for them to be removed for everyone? So why weren't placed items removed too?

11 minutes ago, GP said:

The intention was for them to be removed for everyone? So why weren't placed items removed too?

placed items will decay just like the easter eggs did.

like I had said your comparing apples and oranges.  Placed items can not be picked up, and are a totally different thing then stored items.

I still have my tombstones n stuff in my cooking pot, but im on console and it seems that the rates went down to standard evo rates but the tree colors and spooky piles are still turned on. Figured it was while they figure out how to get people their emotes back or something.

Also I still have holiday items in a vault from last year lol.

4 hours ago, GP said:

There is no decay timer on them and they are all there still perfectly fine.

lol yes there is, just like any other item in the game.  gotta be pretty blind not to see it.  Can see it on other peoples items that are out, and can see it on your own items when you have the extended hud information on.

1 hour ago, Piffguru said:

I still have my tombstones n stuff in my cooking pot, but im on console and it seems that the rates went down to standard evo rates but the tree colors and spooky piles are still turned on. Figured it was while they figure out how to get people their emotes back or something.

Also I still have holiday items in a vault from last year lol.

nice that they let the console people keep them but deleted them from the pc people, consistence doesn't seem to be a wildcard strong suit.

2 hours ago, SMP said:

Fun watching Caleb become a bitter Ark vet before our eyes.

Bitter? nah. Halloween use to be one of my favorite holidays, especially back when people still went all out and decorated their yards for the kids,  loved going around the neighborhoods and seeing all the spooky decorations, now the only spooky holiday decorations for Halloween I ever see is the little bit some businesses put out, or in games. 

Archived