What will we become (PvP)

Logan96

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, Logan96 said:

It's totally cool if someone prefers PvE but I also think that PvP servers will outlast PvE in the long run.

That doesn't really make any sense though.

PVE is the story line that continues the progression of the game. It's what drives the new expansions.

PVP is just an endless loop of tribes fighting each other for no real gain other than "to be alpha bruh". That can be done in aeternum on any map regardless of the story.

5 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

PVE is the story line that continues the progression of the game. It's what drives the new expansions.

PVP is just an endless loop of tribes fighting each other for no real gain other than "to be alpha bruh". That can be done in aeternum on any map regardless of the story.

I partially agree, story wise I do have a single player game going and Ill admit that game play wise there is a ton to do, but I still feel like it is the more limited experience.                                                                                                                                                                             To me the PvP experience is far more than an endless cycle to be alpha. This is a game about evolution. If the alpha is doing a good job on the server then we won't challenge them, but for us the goal is to challenge the invading mega tribes and keep them pushed off of our server. It's a struggle that involves political alliances, maintaining a healthy growing server and attempting to gain Intel on the larger tribes movements to prepare for the inevitable day when they come. It might be a cycle but the power shift and experiences are way more varied than any PvE experience out there. (In my opinion) 

• Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, Logan96 said:

I partially agree, story wise I do have a single player game going and Ill admit that game play wise there is a ton to do, but I still feel like it is the more limited experience.                                                                                                                                                                             To me the PvP experience is far more than an endless cycle to be alpha. This is a game about evolution. If the alpha is doing a good job on the server then we won't challenge them, but for us the goal is to challenge the invading mega tribes and keep them pushed off of our server. It's a struggle that involves political alliances, maintaining a healthy growing server and attempting to gain Intel on the larger tribes movements to prepare for the inevitable day when they come. It might be a cycle but the power shift and experiences are way more varied than any PvE experience out there. (In my opinion) 

Some good points. I tend to forget about the political aspects of some of the PVP game-play can be fun.

9 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Absolutely, flat out wrong.   Players can choose their own destiny in either mode.  The only difference is that PvP players do so while people are trying to kill us, instead of just picking Easy mode.

11 hours ago, Logan96 said:

Absolutely. Politics and diplomacy in ARK is very much underrated and forgotten by a lot of players. If you know what you are doing you can win wars without even having to fire a shot. Play your cards well and you can be a powerful tribe just through your sheer existence and "presence" on a server.

A lot of this game is about perception, how others see you and how you them. This is also what can make or break a tribe. Depending on your tribe size particularly for small and medium tribes its important to strike a balance between being not seen as weak but also not being seen as threatening. If you are seen as weak other similar sized tribes will attempt to take you out, but if your seen as being too threatening then the Alpha tribe might step in and crush you.

The other point to remember is that unless you known in real life, then allies in-game for the most part are temporary. At any moment they could turn on you should the opportunity arise. Keep this in mind when playing and make sure to take full advantage of it yourself. I like to think of allies as friendly enemies, ready to be stabbed in the back when the time is right.

11 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Some good points. I tend to forget about the political aspects of some of the PVP game-play can be fun.

There is nothing quite like the feeling you get after you went on to your allies TeamSpeak and with your best voice acting skills sold them an exaggerated story about a tribe threatening to take over the whole server and in the process dragged them into a war which you have no intention of fighting yourself.

Diplomacy can be extremely fun if done right.

Archived