Takes that are not worth getting unless very high level?

YamiJustin

I misunderstood as well. So the question is what Dino's are useless when they themselves are low level correct? In that case I would say all flyers except for the starter argie, so that you can tame your doed and Anky in safety. Hold off on your other flyers until you have kibble and find at least a 135+. As for all the others as long as it's not an exotic tame like a rock golem or thyla, etc...id say just tame them at any level and replace them with better variants as you see fit ;)

2 minutes ago, Logan96 said:

I misunderstood as well. So the question is what Dino's are useless when they themselves are low level correct? In that case I would say all flyers except for the starter argie, so that you can tame your doed and Anky in safety. Hold off on your other flyers until you have kibble and find at least a 135+. As for all the others as long as it's not an exotic tame like a rock golem or thyla, etc...id say just tame them at any level and replace them with better variants as you see fit ;)

On my server I was prepping to tame an 85 level griffin but later couldnt find it, so I instead tamed a level 25. Fast speed but horrible melee and stamina.

I guess I should stop slacking on the anky and doed.

Is a casteroide worth taming at a low level

Also don't be ashamed or turned off by a low level Rex if your starting out. Even a level 5 t-Rex will gather enough prime meat for you to tame a level 100 Rex. Infact on official PvP servers I would intentionally tame only low level Dino's because I knew they would be dead the next day but they alone have saved me hours

17 minutes ago, YamiJustin said:

On my server I was prepping to tame an 85 level griffin but later couldnt find it, so I instead tamed a level 25. Fast speed but horrible melee and stamina.

I guess I should stop slacking on the anky and doed.

Is a casteroide worth taming at a low level

Absolutely! the beaver lowers the weight of wood and no matter what level it is, the percentage is the same so if you tame a level 5 beaver and you level nothing but carry weight even that level 5 will gather all the wood you need. Pro tip: tame a level 5 argie and carry the beaver, fly low through trees and it will automatically harvest the wood while being held even when it is in your claws. This trick also works works on the doed, but make sure they are not set to follow you or they won't do it.

44 minutes ago, YamiJustin said:

Takes that are not worth getting unless very high level?

I’ve heard the griffin and giga are really only noteworthy if you get them at a super high level

any others?

actually the low level giga does still have a purpose, finding a good clean low level giga is good for level down breeding, yeah the eggs take forever to hatch but you can stockpile a few and hatch a bunch at once to try to get lower levels but keep the higher stats, and attempt to get more mutations.

3 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

actually the low level giga does still have a purpose, finding a good clean low level giga is good for level down breeding, yeah the eggs take forever to hatch but you can stockpile a few and hatch a bunch at once to try to get lower levels but keep the higher stats, and attempt to get more mutations.

Totally agree with you. I've personally never thought about level down breeding before going for mutations but doing it in your way actually makes more sense the more I think about it. As a new player looking to get established he/she could definitely use a few expendable tames so why not use your extra level downs as a way to not only accomplish their goals but also learn the basics of breeding? On that note, breeding gigas as an entry level contestant? Ehhhhh......

I would say almost all Dinos barring Jerboas are an absolute waste to tame unless you are going for a max level.  Unless I’m taming for colors I always have the highest stats & mutation breeding in mind.  I mean, once you tame a reliable berry creature there isn’t much that’s off the table to you.  Anything that can’t breed too basically needs to be near max level for me to consider it worth my time.

Archived