Changes that must be made before you lunch Gensis

MightyBanana

Suggestion

Changes that must be made before you lunch Gensis

1) Saddle Leech/Seatbelt 
#Why?
Due to the servers instability, random crashes and all in all normal internet disconects this feature needs to be implemented.
#How it works?
Attach leech to crafted equiped Dino saddle, player is now locked onto the sadle and will NOT fall of the dino when disconnected.
Player will remain mounted, " Can add a small animation to make the player look passed out while on the dino ". 
Player is protected by his dino, dino can fend for itself according to its behaviour settings, Flee, nuetral, agressive etc..

2) Add proffesions to the game.
#Why?
The current "Crafting skill" option is toxic to the game, the player makes a mindwipe, puts all points in crafting skill inorder to craft a couple of items and then minwipes again to put normal points into his character which completly defeats the purpose of crafting skill. 

#Down sides of the old system and annoyance caused by it, player point of view:-

1. Mindwiping constantly to get something out of the crafting skill system. 
  2. My weight set to 100 hence I am completly deffencles while crafting due to inability to move.
  3. Unable to deffend if player gets raided, not a reliable system. 

#Proposed solution:-

Main professions and Secondary professions

• Main Professions:-
  1. Blacksmithing:- 
  2. Leatherworking:-
  3. ETC / FFA to talk about what kinds of profs are needed and should be implemented.
  • Secondary:-
  1. Fishing
  2. ETC

Now we can have 2 Main professions at a given time, whilest we can have all the secondary professions.

Note: Player talent tree has nothing to do with profession skill points/exp and what not. Mindwipe does not reset proff tree or skills spent
BPS will be learned and embeded onto the proff HENCE less clutter and less data on the server from hording thousands of bps. 

3) The level cap on dinos.
#The problem:-
When a dino reaches the cap, the server deletes it. 
#Solution:- Dino should not get exp when it reaches the cap, hence dino should not be deleted....

4) Dino Mindwipe
#The problem:-
players tend to make mistakes when leveling dinos, mistakes that are unforgiveable.
#The solution:- A dino mindwipe, so that we can reput points properly.

5) Seperation of PVE and PVP in terms of Balances and Tweaks!

Speak up your thoughts, lets make Ark better

6 replies to this server topic

4 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

No to all of these.

It's a grindy survival game. Don't take the grind and survival aspect out if it. 

If you DC and die, it sucks. No need to introduce a seatbelt. Seatbelts would prevent players being picked in PvP. Rather have them just not kick the player to the ground then add an exploitable mechanic.

No need for professions. Mindwipe. It's 24 hours, it use to be per level. It's a choice. You can already get op stuff, that's the reward for making that choice. 

No need for additional coding that has to scan dino level and then decide whether or not to implement another code that stops xp gain/the ability to level. Just pay attention. Not a hard number to remember.

No to dino mindwipe. Even if you accidentally level a point into the wrong thing, it matters little. Be accountable for your mistake. 

None of these would make Ark better, in my opinion. Just more unnecessary changes.

Thank you for your reply, you miss a big point here brother. As i stated things need to be different for PVE and PVP :) 

Survival has nothing to do with DC to be honest and no the player should still be pickable even with these leeches/seatbelts in pvp.
Professions are needed and balance can be coded into them for both PVE and PVP, I am not looking for OP stuff.
It is not additional coding, its necessary coding, this is a Global game, it is a disgrace that there is no cap on levels and your dino gets deleted if it passes the internal cap...

Mindwipe for PVE does matter :) 

Like I said, PVE Doesn't Equal PVP   Different game, Different Audiance, Different needs.

I can get behind most of that for sure.  The level cap/delete option sucks!  My cousin had a ninja kitty (thyla) on legacy that he wanted to use for cave runs that had the unfortunate circumstance of being subjected to this.  He was leveling it for the cave runs and he was in the hatchery feeding babies, working on the building and overall trying to do 5 different things at one time (just like every other ark player out there), wasn’t thinking, forgot about the 450 cap and put that last level in it (it was a 449 btw), finished up the base stuff went to bed woke up the next morning and gone it was.  He was MAD!  He didn’t log back into ark for a week.  My point being that we’re all human and some of us don’t have the gracious endowment of not making a mistake.  The seatbelt idea is a 2 sided coin idea.  Oh god how many times I have gotten dashboarded while flying and doing every short of selling my soul to the devil to hope I was still alive and able to get my bird back.  It always happened when I was one a mission to tame something or going to get the flyer that was left in the air after dashboarding before that.  These wouldn’t be necessarily taking the grind out of the game but it would definitely tame the cluster known as ARK Law, Murphy’s law is bad enough but even that doesn’t hold a candle to ARK Law.  

People play the the different game modes for a reason, and it really isn’t fair to pve players and pvp players alike how the changes enacted for one mode exclusively and has lasting negative affects on other mode when the reason for implementation doesn’t pertain to how the alternate mode is played, and in reality makes the opposite mode less fun.

No to all of these.

It's a grindy survival game. Don't take the grind and survival aspect out if it. 

If you DC and die, it sucks. No need to introduce a seatbelt. Seatbelts would prevent players being picked in PvP. Rather have them just not kick the player to the ground then add an exploitable mechanic.

No need for professions. Mindwipe. It's 24 hours, it use to be per level. It's a choice. You can already get op stuff, that's the reward for making that choice. 

No need for additional coding that has to scan dino level and then decide whether or not to implement another code that stops xp gain/the ability to level. Just pay attention. Not a hard number to remember.

No to dino mindwipe. Even if you accidentally level a point into the wrong thing, it matters little. Be accountable for your mistake. 

None of these would make Ark better, in my opinion. Just more unnecessary changes.

Archived