2x breeding off - Imprinting broke.

caleb68

45 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

never had a rex with a odd imprint before, always went up 10% at a time for me, so this is totally new for me. all my previous ones are at 100% except one I didn't care about imprinting who's sitting at 50, just got him for the colors.

Rex imprints on official during 1x rates is little bit more than 9% each. Game only shows rounded up or down numbers not decimals so after every few imprints it will show 10% rounded up from 9.6% or so.

27 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

then how do I get 10% at 1x before fear evolved event? serious question there, cause honestly I don't get it. 

likewise during the fear evolved event at 2x I got 20% per rex on the 807/900 rexs, if its 9% normally then at 2x I should of only got 18%.  And during 8x, I wouldn't of got 80% imprint.  

Thats because numbers are rounded up or down to nearest full number. Game does not show decimals in imprints. If you export dino to smart breeder you will see that imprint % always have decimals.

27 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

Yes,  I have alot more errors putting in stats manually.  Sometimes, It can help to change stats by .1 up and down.  Just try one stat different all the way down like that until it catches it.  Sometimes the rounded # we see listed gets rounded differently in ASB and you can sometimes work around it this way.

The other way would be to use the stat testing feature and build up the animal that way.  Then it's not relying on the hard #s you can see, and it will instead use the correct values.  Works best w/ no imprint or 100% imprint.  make sure to set it as bred or tamed depending on the animal in question, it makes a huge difference in calculations.  Then just pump up the stat #s until you see the %s that match what you see in game.  *note that melee % you see is often different from it's bred value.  A wild tame put in via stat testing may get a wrong result if you don't know what to look for, bred animals will be more consistent.  It comes from the taming effectiveness, you might get 45 points in a stat but when you are looking at the percent, it's not the same number ASB says it should be.  A bred animal will get 100% taming effectiveness so it gets the full correct melee, a tame w/ 90% effectiveness will see a drop in the full possible value but will still breed out w/ the higher % since the baby will have 100% taming effectiveness.

Yea I do this a bit when I am typing in stats from what the cryopod shows. it only shows whole numbers and I find if I type it all in as it shows then I put the torp up by 0.5 it will usually go all green. I feel I have a pretty good understanding of how to use ASB at this point but sometimes the probability % dont make much sense to me but still a great program.

On 11/8/2019 at 10:40 PM, GrumpyBear said:

Yes,  I have alot more errors putting in stats manually.  Sometimes, It can help to change stats by .1 up and down.  Just try one stat different all the way down like that until it catches it.  Sometimes the rounded # we see listed gets rounded differently in ASB and you can sometimes work around it this way.

The other way would be to use the stat testing feature and build up the animal that way.  Then it's not relying on the hard #s you can see, and it will instead use the correct values.  Works best w/ no imprint or 100% imprint.  make sure to set it as bred or tamed depending on the animal in question, it makes a huge difference in calculations.  Then just pump up the stat #s until you see the %s that match what you see in game.  *note that melee % you see is often different from it's bred value.  A wild tame put in via stat testing may get a wrong result if you don't know what to look for, bred animals will be more consistent.  It comes from the taming effectiveness, you might get 45 points in a stat but when you are looking at the percent, it's not the same number ASB says it should be.  A bred animal will get 100% taming effectiveness so it gets the full correct melee, a tame w/ 90% effectiveness will see a drop in the full possible value but will still breed out w/ the higher % since the baby will have 100% taming effectiveness.

What do you mean with babies having 100% effectiviness? Breeding 2 wild tames with 70% tame effectiviness will not bring back the missing levels on baby you would get from 90%+ effectiviness.

1 hour ago, Luewen said:

What do you mean with babies having 100% effectiviness? Breeding 2 wild tames with 70% tame effectiviness will not bring back the missing levels on baby you would get from 90%+ effectiviness.

For example, if you tame a lvl 150 anky and it's showing 357 melee after tame.  You could breed with that, and the babies will start showing 369 melee.  Now right off the bat, most people think they caught a mutation.  The amount difference looks exactly like 2 points more in melee.  But the reality is, they tamed 369 melee, but didn't really see it since the taming effectiveness wasn't 100%.    No tame ever is, which is why the melee % could actually be higher once bred.  When you claim a baby, that's the same mechanic as taming an animal and it's an automatic 100% effectiveness.  That will be why you would see the melee % go up a little bit in the babies.

* you are correct, you would lose levels when the effectiveness goes down but there's also a multiplier boost to the melee that also depends on the effectiveness, you could get 40 points and it looks like 38 points because the effectiveness was lower, tame the exact same point on another and have slightly higher effectiveness and the melee % would look a tiny bit higher but when bred out, you would see the actual value on the babies with the multiplier at full value. and in both cases even if you saw 357 after tame or 363, if they had the same point value the baby should have like 369.  That's a % i remember taming and breeding, so that's why i'm using it, i don't remember the exact point value but i can look that up...lol, it was 40 points exactly.  When tamed it could look like 358.2 or right around it.  But bred it would hit 369.

Set up ab anky on stat testing, put in 40 points in damage in asb and set tame effectiveness to say 50%, make sure you selected tamed.

now you'll see 341.6 is the melee that should show up w/ that effectiveness and that actual point value.  beside that you will see the bred value at 369.3.  

now change the effectiveness to 90%,  now the current tamed value would have been 363.7 .   But still, the bred value comes out at 369.3 .  

I guess if you are remembering to track the effectiveness you are last seeing, you will be pretty spot on if you put that in when setting up the points.  I think when I first started using that, I kept forgetting to remember that or my tribemates tamed them and didn't track it either.  BUt just because you get a low effectiveness,

now I'm realizing I may have tossed stuff that in reality was better than i thought because I didn't really track the effectiveness on anything for a long time.

On 11/10/2019 at 12:04 AM, GrumpyBear said:

For example, if you tame a lvl 150 anky and it's showing 357 melee after tame.  You could breed with that, and the babies will start showing 369 melee.  Now right off the bat, most people think they caught a mutation.  The amount difference looks exactly like 2 points more in melee.  But the reality is, they tamed 369 melee, but didn't really see it since the taming effectiveness wasn't 100%.    No tame ever is, which is why the melee % could actually be higher once bred.  When you claim a baby, that's the same mechanic as taming an animal and it's an automatic 100% effectiveness.  That will be why you would see the melee % go up a little bit in the babies.

* you are correct, you would lose levels when the effectiveness goes down but there's also a multiplier boost to the melee that also depends on the effectiveness, you could get 40 points and it looks like 38 points because the effectiveness was lower, tame the exact same point on another and have slightly higher effectiveness and the melee % would look a tiny bit higher but when bred out, you would see the actual value on the babies with the multiplier at full value. and in both cases even if you saw 357 after tame or 363, if they had the same point value the baby should have like 369.  That's a % i remember taming and breeding, so that's why i'm using it, i don't remember the exact point value but i can look that up...lol, it was 40 points exactly.  When tamed it could look like 358.2 or right around it.  But bred it would hit 369.

Set up ab anky on stat testing, put in 40 points in damage in asb and set tame effectiveness to say 50%, make sure you selected tamed.

now you'll see 341.6 is the melee that should show up w/ that effectiveness and that actual point value.  beside that you will see the bred value at 369.3.  

now change the effectiveness to 90%,  now the current tamed value would have been 363.7 .   But still, the bred value comes out at 369.3 .  

I guess if you are remembering to track the effectiveness you are last seeing, you will be pretty spot on if you put that in when setting up the points.  I think when I first started using that, I kept forgetting to remember that or my tribemates tamed them and didn't track it either.  BUt just because you get a low effectiveness,

now I'm realizing I may have tossed stuff that in reality was better than i thought because I didn't really track the effectiveness on anything for a long time.

Ahh yeah makes sense. However the 100% only applies to melee on babies. So other stats are still gonna be better if you get more taming effectiviness right from tame. The after tame stat boost is applied directly after the random after tame points. If thats what you mean with stat boost.

So it should show right up on the stats and best breeding partners. 

Archived