2x breeding off - Imprinting broke.

caleb68

2x breeding off - Imprinting broke.

well... I've been raising rexs for some time now, and before the 2x  I was getting 10% imprint during each care cycle.  Now im getting 9% during each care cycle, and I didn't notice that till I had imprinted 5 rex, that's 5 rex who aren't going to get their full imprint now, they are going to fall short by one care cycle.

Better check your imprints people you might find yours are off on your dino's too, I'm afraid to imprint the giga now, lord knows I don't want a 2% imprint per care cycle.

Edit In:
I posted this in general so that people could be made aware their servers imprint may be off now, I already filed a ticket on the issue under bug reports, so hopefully it gets fixed ASAP.

1 minute ago, GrumpyBear said:

It happens often with odd #s of total imprints on longer raises.  This happens every breed event.  Best thing to do it before event ends to pod after an imprint , then finish after the event.  I had to do that with a few animals that were gonna finish 1 imprint off if I didn't.

crazy... still worried about doing my gigas now, they are all podded, servers told us twice now its gonna shut down in 15 minutes for update to 301.1 patch,  I can't see how that really could happen either, someone must be really bad at math routines for it to fall under 1x imprinting.

2 minutes ago, Piffguru said:

Dont rex's usually get 9% imprints? I know during this event I am getting 20% but I figured it was some kind of strange rounding to get that cause I have a bunch of rexes raised while no events were going on and I didnt finish their imprints so they were at odd %'s like 72% or 81%.

never had a rex with a odd imprint before, always went up 10% at a time for me, so this is totally new for me. all my previous ones are at 100% except one I didn't care about imprinting who's sitting at 50, just got him for the colors.

Just now, caleb68 said:

never had a rex with a odd imprint before, always went up 10% at a time for me, so this is totally new for me. all my previous ones are at 100$ except one I didn't care about imprinting who's sitting at 50, just got him for the colors.

Ill have to take a look when I get home but Im pretty sure I always got 9% on my rexs. The problem is the same as you said most of my previous rexes I got to 100% so cant check that, and recently Ive been breeding a new line for mutations so I havent been imprinting them at all but I do have a batch of males I raised when valguero was first came out and there was no breeding events going on and I didnt really care to cryo them to get the 100%. I left them over night a few times and just got as much imprinting done as I could and Im pretty sure they all were random %'s and not in increments of 10.

7 minutes ago, Piffguru said:

Ill have to take a look when I get home but Im pretty sure I always got 9% on my rexs. The problem is the same as you said most of my previous rexes I got to 100% so cant check that, and recently Ive been breeding a new line for mutations so I havent been imprinting them at all but I do have a batch of males I raised when valguero was first came out and there was no breeding events going on and I didnt really care to cryo them to get the 100%. I left them over night a few times and just got as much imprinting done as I could and Im pretty sure they all were random %'s and not in increments of 10.

yeah but if it was 9% then I would of got 54 imprint instead of 50, so even somethings odd there.  at 9% it would take 12 imprints, and you would only be able to achieve 11 imprints in the 8 hr cycle for the growth time.

just a edit in:

pre event I took all the high level rexs and got them to 20%, so that when 8x kicked in for the ExtraLife event, I would have them ready to go for full imprint,  just a last minute thought here.

3 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

yeah but if it was 9% then I would of got 54 imprint instead of 50, so even somethings odd there.  at 9% it would take 12 imprints, and you would only be able to achieve 11 imprints in the 8 hr cycle for the growth time.

Yea that math adds up, with 92.5ish hours growth time and 8 hour cycles it would be like 11.5 imprints which would leave you at 99%. I know gigas are calculated to be stuck at under 100% in official rates but rexes certainly arent. So again I think there is some kind of rounding going on that isnt obvious to me or something is kinda strange there.

This all just makes me wish I could get the first imprint of a rex done in a kangaroo to speed up this process a bit again.

Just now, Piffguru said:

Yea that math adds up, with 92.5ish hours growth time and 8 hour cycles it would be like 11.5 imprints which would leave you at 99%. I know gigas are calculated to be stuck at under 100% in official rates but rexes certainly arent. So again I think there is some kind of rounding going on that isnt obvious to me or something is kinda strange there.

This all just makes me wish I could get the first imprint of a rex done in a kangaroo to speed up this process a bit again.

yeah darn that roo! always kicking them out no matter how much weight they have, my roo can carry 2k weight and still does it :( I guess its just a size thing.

Just now, FreeEnergyDrink said:

Rexes normally get 9% on 1x :)

then how do I get 10% at 1x before fear evolved event? serious question there, cause honestly I don't get it. 

likewise during the fear evolved event at 2x I got 20% per rex on the 807/900 rexs, if its 9% normally then at 2x I should of only got 18%.  And during 8x, I wouldn't of got 80% imprint.  

7 minutes ago, Piffguru said:

Pardon my ignorance but What do you mean get the first imprint done in a roo? Can you put dino babys in a roos pouch to get something special? 

10 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

just a edit in:

pre event I took all the high level rexs and got them to 20%, so that when 8x kicked in for the ExtraLife event, I would have them ready to go for full imprint,  just a last minute thought here.

The % we see pop up is a rounded #, they dont' show us the .xxx that is defining the # we are shown.  Usually with 2x, it's straight up double the imprint values you would expect.  When it goes higher, they usually tweek the imprint value a little bit more to make up for the speed and loss of possible imprints.  The problems arise then after the events end, people have left their stuff out and are now in the middle of having grown at an increased rate, but will experience a smaller imprint on the cycle hitting after the event ends.  The only way to avoid it is to pod right after the last imprint you can make the night before or up to about 9am PST/PDT . 

Just now, Rosati said:

Pardon my ignorance but What do you mean get the first imprint done in a roo? Can you put dino babys in a roos pouch to get something special? 

yes some dino babies you can pick up in pouch and have them stay the full 8hours before imprint witch gives you a nice boost for that first imprint,  smaller ones, but even some of the smaller dinos will pop out before care completes.

The % we see pop up is a rounded #, they dont' show us the .xxx that is defining the # we are shown.  Usually with 2x, it's straight up double the imprint values you would expect.  When it goes higher, they usually tweek the imprint value a little bit more to make up for the speed and loss of possible imprints.  The problems arise then after the events end, people have left their stuff out and are now in the middle of having grown at an increased rate, but will experience a smaller imprint on the cycle hitting after the event ends.  The only way to avoid it is to pod right after the last imprint you can make the night before or up to about 9am PST/PDT . 

Sadly I wasn't even paying attention to the time, least I know better for next time, ty grumpybear.  I still see this as a bug though.

5 minutes ago, Rosati said:

Yea you can leave the baby in the pouch which will decrease the amount they need to eat, but the real benefit is if you do their imprint while they are in the pouch it will double the imprint %. Smaller dinos can get 1-2 imprints done in the pouch but larger ones you cant cause by the time the 8 hours has gone by to get to that first imprint the dino has grown to large and game wont allow it in pouch.

Edit: Oh also the roo needs to be mate boosted so make sure its near its mate while you do the imprinting. Ive had situations where I go to walk the dino in the pouch and the imprint happens right after the roo got too far from its mate to keep the mate boosting ruining the whole point of what I was doing lol.

And it may need to be in the females pouch, not 100% sure but its what I always do.

Just now, Rosati said:

In a mate boosted female roo pouch u get 2x an imprint value as long as the animal fits in the pouch at that imprint time.

2 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

then how do I get 10% at 1x before fear evolved event? serious question there, cause honestly I don't get it. 

likewise during the fear evolved event at 2x I got 20% per rex on the 807/900 rexs, if its 9% normally then at 2x I should of only got 18%.  And during 8x, I wouldn't of got 80% imprint.  

They tweeked the imprint values a little bit so that odd #'ed imprinted animals would finish cleanly, the problem arises if you can't complete them by the end of the event, that little bit they averaged in needs like more than half the imprints or all of them, not positive w/out doin the math, or it basically fails over a tiny amount of time.

12 minutes ago, Piffguru said:

Even when we see 100% imprints on our animals, if you put them in ASB, you would see that their imprint is 99.9534663....  

2 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

Even when we see 100% imprints on our animals, if you put them in ASB, you would see that their imprint is 99.9534663....  

I do put my creatures in ASB but since I use xbox I cant just import the data I have to manually enter it. So thats good to know and it could account for some strange errors in ASB when I know the info Im putting in is correct.

5 minutes ago, Piffguru said:

I do put my creatures in ASB but since I use xbox I cant just import the data I have to manually enter it. So thats good to know and it could account for some strange errors in ASB when I know the info Im putting in is correct.

Yes,  I have alot more errors putting in stats manually.  Sometimes, It can help to change stats by .1 up and down.  Just try one stat different all the way down like that until it catches it.  Sometimes the rounded # we see listed gets rounded differently in ASB and you can sometimes work around it this way.

The other way would be to use the stat testing feature and build up the animal that way.  Then it's not relying on the hard #s you can see, and it will instead use the correct values.  Works best w/ no imprint or 100% imprint.  make sure to set it as bred or tamed depending on the animal in question, it makes a huge difference in calculations.  Then just pump up the stat #s until you see the %s that match what you see in game.  *note that melee % you see is often different from it's bred value.  A wild tame put in via stat testing may get a wrong result if you don't know what to look for, bred animals will be more consistent.  It comes from the taming effectiveness, you might get 45 points in a stat but when you are looking at the percent, it's not the same number ASB says it should be.  A bred animal will get 100% taming effectiveness so it gets the full correct melee, a tame w/ 90% effectiveness will see a drop in the full possible value but will still breed out w/ the higher % since the baby will have 100% taming effectiveness.

6 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

so im trying to get this strait in my head, im guessing the actual 10% I had seen on the rexs would of been something like 9.51 minimal for it to show as 10% for the first imprint buf for two to show up as 20%  it would of had to of been something more like 9.751? or is it taking each one say 9.51, rounding up, then the second 9.51 and rounding up to show 20%?

seems like they made this abit more complicated then it needs to be lol... just saying.  

11 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

so im trying to get this strait in my head, im guessing the actual 10% I had seen on the rexs would of been something like 9.51 minimal for it to show as 10% for the first imprint buf for two to show up as 20%  it would of had to of been something more like 9.751? or is it taking each one say 9.51, rounding up, then the second 9.51 and rounding up to show 20%?

seems like they made this abit more complicated then it needs to be lol... just saying.  

you are exactly right in that's how it would normally work.  Something else is at play recently as far as I can tell because there is this extra padding you noticed here w/ the 20%.  But you don't see any extra padding on animals like a spino which we saw 25% imprints as expected.  I think they kick up the imprint value a tiny bit that only gets noticed on 4day raises and up.   

Since a rex is a 4 day raise normally that's a possible 12 imprints in that amount of time.  on 2x, it's 6.  If they left it at the 18%, 5x18= 90, so it would need all 6 imprints to make it and there'd be very little room for error.  By adjusting to 20% an imprint, they get it finished in 5 and gives us that extra room we had if there wasnt an event.

you are exactly right in that's how it would normally work.  Something else is at play recently as far as I can tell because there is this extra padding you noticed here w/ the 20%.  But you don't see any extra padding on animals like a spino which we saw 25% imprints as expected.  I think they kick up the imprint value a tiny bit that only gets noticed on 4day raises and up.   

well I was all siked about the 8x imprinting, and you even told me about the values on the 8x not showing properly because I came and posted about those only showing one imprint bonus to stats for the rexs, did like you said, podded and tossed and they were corrected.  something had to of been done, to offset it, or something character based is taken into consideration with the imprinting, I donno, just guessing off the top of my head there.

Thanks for all the info GrumpyBear, always a pleasure :)

Archived