Agree with Lycan, Megatherium is very effective against the broodmother especially if they can get their buff going by killing the ads that spawn in.

Of course any boss rexes floating around the servers would wreck the brood mother as well but raising megatherium is way faster and you get 100% imprint every time plus the saddles are way cheaper.

Need a lot more information.

Single player with single player settings enabled or a server? Or single player with server settings.

Also wyverns, like all flying dinos, are not allowed in any boss arena with the exception of Scorched Earth,  wyverns are allowed there.

I'm doing single player with server settings and my boss battle team is 19 rexes and a yuty. But you don't need nearly as much with single player settings enabled.

• Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, Cymas said:

Single player with single player settings enabled or a server? Or single player with server settings.

It doesn't matter. Bosses difficulty in SP session are hard-coded and not controlled by the SP settings. As soon as you do bosses in SP, regardless of your config, they will be about 3 times easier than a dedicated server.

13 hours ago, Cymas said:

Need a lot more information.

Also wyverns, like all flying dinos, are not allowed in any boss arena with the exception of Scorched Earth,  wyverns are allowed there.

I'm doing single player with server settings and my boss battle team is 19 rexes and a yuty. But you don't need nearly as much with single player settings enabled.

It is a hosted multiplayer server on max difficulty setting

On 11/8/2019 at 9:11 AM, Ghostkilla654 said:

Boss

If I used my lvl250 spino with 50k hp and 400% melee DMG what other Dino's would you recommend to kill the brood mother.

I also have a lvl 200 wyvern

I always go in to boss fights with 20 dinos no matter what.  I have a team just for Broodmother that is 19 megatheriums + yuty.  The megatheriums are all around 30k health and 800+ melee.  Rexes are king of battle for boss fights, but it is a lot of fun going in there with my Mega's.

Spino Rush is considered as the next best strategy to do Broodmother (The best being Megatherium with no doubt). There are shallow water pool in her ("its" should be more appropriate?) arena making Spino capable to gain Hydrated buff, increases their attack damage, movement speed and health regeneration.

Spino should be able to get rid of Broodmother with Yuty only standing at the back and just roaring and encouraging them. Yuty doesn't have to join the fight (sometimes can be difficult to command if Spino are moving around, causing them to "miss" a roar).

Get some Megatherium now, they are much easier to tame and breed than Spino. They also harvest incredible amount of chitin for you.

52 minutes ago, Oliviako said:

Spino Rush is considered as the next best strategy to do Broodmother (The best being Megatherium with no doubt). There are shallow water pool in her ("its" should be more appropriate?) arena making Spino capable to gain Hydrated buff, increases their attack damage, movement speed and health regeneration.

Spino should be able to get rid of Broodmother with Yuty only standing at the back and just roaring and encouraging them. Yuty doesn't have to join the fight (sometimes can be difficult to command if Spino are moving around, causing them to "miss" a roar).

Get some Megatherium now, they are much easier to tame and breed than Spino. They also harvest incredible amount of chitin for you.

Best are still 40k 2000% rexes with yuty.

1 hour ago, Luewen said:

Best are still 40k 2000% rexes with yuty.

Megatherium only take 25% damage (75% Absolute Resistance), deal 250% damage other objects, and deal 375% damage to insects and arthropods while under the buff "Bug Killer". The buff is activated once the Megatherium kills an insect or arthropod (which includes Araneo, summoned by Broodmother) for 120 seconds, making them overwhelmingly stronger than Rex during a Broodmother fight, or anyother occasions with the presence of bugs.

See Megatherium on wiki: https://ark.gamepedia.com/Megatherium#Roles

Archived