So does Classic Flyers really make the game unbalanced?

YamiJustin

Oh i'm not saying they can't hover, just that maybe the larger they are(wyverns really, not quetzls since they fly so slow to begin w/) , they don't suddenly stop and more of a drift as the animal adjusts it's flight animation, and if they adjusted the wyvern landing mechanic to be a bit more of a controlled crash and less of a search for a perfect landing spot...then that could translate to manticore landing a little more easily.

To be honest, for me, they could make the wyverns a little smaller, their movement animation could be sped up a little and/or articulate a little bit more, and add in a change to their flight to be just a bit more wild like the gasbags, they can still fly where gasbags can't, but if they drifted a little in flight and changed the landing to be a bit more of a here u go, that's where it's gonna happen, good luck.  it's not like you can't control where that happens if you are aiming it.  We usually are and the wyvern decides it doesn't like where we chose, so this would cut down on the wasted time waiting for it to find a perfect spot.

19 hours ago, Kinte said:

They should have removed weight leveling instead of speed. It's ridiculous you can lift 1000 of iron with a bird. On the contrary, you would assume birds are fast for travel....

So I think the original state was bad, but they fixed it only in its small part.

You know, unless they made it a no-mutate stat, it would be a matter of time before they were way up there with the current breeds.  It would definitely make life more interesting on PvP for people, especially in early-game when you don't have 45-50pt stat lines for every flier.  But in truth its a moving target, to balance this game.  So they just gutted their speed, and Ptera stats, and left it at that.  The thing that kills me is they didn't reduce the damage that Pteras do, just the frequency at which you can c-spin and stamina usage.  So you can still fight on them, but it is now more boring!

Archived