descusing what should genesis be like

lils

I want a large map with multiple biomes (looking good),  a variety of unique creatures old and new (also looking pretty good), the standard sell point gameplay mechanic (looking like water stuff this round), and coherent story tidbits (I am still a little sore about having no ending cutscene of any kind for SE, no matter how much I love the map). Really, though, as long as it functions properly and is not rolled back, from the sneak peak I will probably be pretty happy. New automatic Tek stuff is always appreciated.

On 11/7/2019 at 9:39 PM, lils said:

descusing what should genesis be like

ark genesis is coming out soon,lets desccuss the stuff that could be in it and what we want in it

WC will have decided on the content for Genesis a year or more ago in the planning phase.  
Development will be mostly complete by now, with final touches and QA happening in the next couple of months.

You should put your ideas forwards for the next map - or consider developing a custom map for Ark to incorporate everything you want ?

On 11/17/2019 at 10:58 AM, Larkfields said:

WC will have decided on the content for Genesis a year or more ago in the planning phase.  
Development will be mostly complete by now, with final touches and QA happening in the next couple of months.

You should put your ideas forwards for the next map - or consider developing a custom map for Ark to incorporate everything you want ?

Do you mean that postponing release was planed year or more too?

Yea could be depending of presale of genesis pass result maybe.

51 minutes ago, Noa said:

Do you mean that postponing release was planed year or more too?

Yea could be depending of presale of genesis pass result maybe.

No, I didn't mean that ?

What I meant was: suggesting content for a product so close to release is unlikely to get a result.  You're more likely to get your suggestions by proposing your ideas at least a year ahead of release, or by making your own mod.

Have a read at what it takes to develop software...
https://stackify.com/what-is-sdlc/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_development

8 hours ago, Larkfields said:

No, I didn't mean that ?

What I meant was: suggesting content for a product so close to release is unlikely to get a result.  You're more likely to get your suggestions by proposing your ideas at least a year ahead of release, or by making your own mod.

Have a read at what it takes to develop software...
https://stackify.com/what-is-sdlc/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_development

Everyone in this thread know that our ideas and wishes cant change basic koncept of upcoming release. and many hope to be surprised with even better content.

As for links.....

You go in shop to buy pice of bread.

Seller ask 3 euro and you pay.

But instead to give it to you he explain  that bred will come next week.

Instead to give  you back 3 euro he give you a lot of links to read about how hard is to make bred , then links about transport problems, then links about oil and electrical power  prices problems and so on.

In the end attack an pic of bred on your  jacket so you have "skin" of those in queue...

well before it gen was confirmed 

i had my notebook and i made a concept of "arete prime"  were its set on the the other side of the world and its near the arctic circle (which is were the AB ark crashed) 

there was a Broken Ob acting like the Sun of the map it having a mix of Red , blue , green and purple! otherwise when it shut down there would be Darkness!

but many of ABs Fauna and fhana made it but some have adapted and some were new animals! one i had was called "the ice phantom" this looked like a rock drake but has a for Fluffy furry feathers , adapted to swim , has a nose/beek that has some metal that can glow red HOT for attacks and to keep it warm!  it was able to glide like a drake but due to the harsh Storms around it was able to fly due to the storms! and plants from there have also adapted like The trees were Ice Shrooms and many new "light pets" i had ideas for!

Glow worm , Bulb hare , Shin seal , Owl light!

now my idea for the ecosystem would be Mostly made of Ice and snow! but there are areas like "The Ice Spikes" which is a very resource rich area and many hills and SPIKES!

the Acid Fields which was wear a old OB broke and the area was full of acid that has fused with the Ice!

and sense it was in the arctic there was alot of water! in fact most of the animals were adapted for water! and some special sea creatures were able to go on land!

and there were many Sulfur ponds to keep you warm! and sometimes the area would has a "sulfur storm" were the map would warm up alot but most of the map would be cold!

now there were also robots and special ones there there were areas like cities!

but the point is that Gen was Not what i expected! but im A OK WITH THAT!  

On 11/19/2019 at 6:55 AM, Frikkie101 said:

I actually want a more story based line than survival in genesis and where there will be no transfers on pvp servers so it is basically a brand new type of game.

I don't know how I feel about a brand new type of game, but I would not mind some more story being involved as long as it does not strangle gameplay. If we maintain the same level of freedom, all is good there. I do at least want an ending cutscene, though, considering it is not necessarily a given. As for PvP, I understand everyone's points on both sides, but official can do whatever it wants and I would not complain. Mandating it for private servers would not be my cup of tea.

On 11/19/2019 at 11:45 AM, Udam said:

well before it gen was confirmed 

i had my notebook and i made a concept of "arete prime"  were its set on the the other side of the world and its near the arctic circle (which is were the AB ark crashed) 

there was a Broken Ob acting like the Sun of the map it having a mix of Red , blue , green and purple! otherwise when it shut down there would be Darkness!

but many of ABs Fauna and fhana made it but some have adapted and some were new animals! one i had was called "the ice phantom" this looked like a rock drake but has a for Fluffy furry feathers , adapted to swim , has a nose/beek that has some metal that can glow red HOT for attacks and to keep it warm!  it was able to glide like a drake but due to the harsh Storms around it was able to fly due to the storms! and plants from there have also adapted like The trees were Ice Shrooms and many new "light pets" i had ideas for!

Glow worm , Bulb hare , Shin seal , Owl light!

now my idea for the ecosystem would be Mostly made of Ice and snow! but there are areas like "The Ice Spikes" which is a very resource rich area and many hills and SPIKES!

the Acid Fields which was wear a old OB broke and the area was full of acid that has fused with the Ice!

and sense it was in the arctic there was alot of water! in fact most of the animals were adapted for water! and some special sea creatures were able to go on land!

and there were many Sulfur ponds to keep you warm! and sometimes the area would has a "sulfur storm" were the map would warm up alot but most of the map would be cold!

now there were also robots and special ones there there were areas like cities!

but the point is that Gen was Not what i expected! but im A OK WITH THAT!    

So much of this ignores the established canon within the game... nothing is near the arctic circle and there are no large water deposits planet side. There are also no seasons as the Earth no longer tilts on its axis. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'll get shouted at for this.  I noticed that the character in some of the scenes does not have an implant.  My hope for genesis is, if we transfer a character into Genesis, it cannot transfer back out, in other words a one-way ticket to Genesis.  Also, I hope the *no transfer in of resources* time period is lengthened, thus forcing everyone to really start on a level playing field.   Its a survival game and where is the *challenge* of survival if we don't have the challenge and just roll in a crap ton of resources and pre built items after sitting 2 months on a prime piece of real estate.  I agree with the above reference to scorched earth.  I love that map but it is really left hanging and could use some work.  I do love the story line and feel it would make a fine science fiction movie and i hope story line can be incorporated a little more on the new map but not restrict game play.  I dont want a quest base game, lol.  I do hope people remember that developers do not have time or resources to find every glitch and it is up to us, the player base to discover the glitches and communicate with the dev team in a positive and supportive manner.  Anyways, I simply cannot wait for Genesis and I look forward to everything the developers come up with in the future.

On 11/24/2019 at 4:38 PM, nintendogamer7 said:

So much of this ignores the established canon within the game... nothing is near the arctic circle and there are no large water deposits planet side. There are also no seasons as the Earth no longer tilts on its axis. 

there's a few things

1: yes i did not know about the lore (got into it just a week ago)

2: the reason the map is flooded is due to the reference to "the flood" in the bible about arat prime

3: the reason i say "the arctic circle" is due to it being on the other side of earth and due to the darkness and harsh winds it made it into a arctic like wasteland.

4: and due to the AB ark landing there the beast from that land have evolved and some new forms were made! and the only reason why the map would not be pitch black is due to the large obelisk on a giant mountain with the crashed ark! (that's also were the frozen molten element biome is)  

5: the water is also a way to make water a bit more impactful. not only the animals on the map have adapted to survive and thrive underwater (even stuff like dillos have learned to do it) but its also the most resource rich with element in the element abyss. but also any other resource 

I want all maps combined and all dinos combined into one massive ark. I don’t want to have to go to another server just to tame something that doesn’t exist on the one I’m playing on, same thing with resources. Just combine everything, one massive map, crap ton of places to build, all boss fights from each map, all engrams and ascensions. You wouldn’t charge us for an entirely new game (server) you charge us for adding to the existing game kind of like you do when you..part 1 part 2 us like you do. Just combine everything and keep adding “parts” to it so the map gets bigger and the content keeps coming without the need for us to transfer anywhere.

Archived