Defense against Titans?

Garick

Defense against Titans?

So, since titans can be solo tamed and transferred between servers? How do small tribes or tribes at all defend against these seemingly impossible raiding monsters? Been playing about a week on a legacy server and things were going smoothly then one night late someone brings a titan over and just wipes our server. How do you defend against something that can just sit really far out and wipe your base regardless of defenses and materials?

It seems crazy to me that you can solo or duo tame these things considering the power they have and the ease at which they can rip through bases.

How can you fight a desert titan with a giga or mek if its flying high in the sky blowing you up? I guess I am just dumbfounded at how a game designer can create a creature that takes only one person to tame and then that creature is able to wreck almost all bases while at the same time making normal creatures take 10-18 hours to tame and those things die at the drop of a hat.   Wildcard, You amaze me in a  sad way.

On 11/7/2019 at 7:19 PM, Garick said:

How can you fight a desert titan with a giga or mek if its flying high in the sky blowing you up? I guess I am just dumbfounded at how a game designer can create a creature that takes only one person to tame and then that creature is able to wreck almost all bases while at the same time making normal creatures take 10-18 hours to tame and those things die at the drop of a hat.   Wildcard, You amaze me in a  sad way.

One massive flaw in your logic here: you would prefer them to require lots of people? If they are tamable solo it allows solo/small tribes to have a chance, that should not be changed lol. Whenever things are made "harder" all that does is make it impossible for those who cannot dedicate all their time to the game. Those who can will likely be optimising anyway. So asking for things to be harder only raptors people who can't/don't want to play the game most of the day or in a large tribe over, not the ones making the game as taxing and toxic as it is. Plus very few things will ever take that long to tame unless you deliberately go for the absolute worst taming food.

On 11/7/2019 at 2:19 PM, Garick said:

meks have rocket modules/and a cannon u can attach pretty good too . giga can be carried on a quetzal with some crafty building can incase the driver of the quetz  

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2019 at 8:12 PM, MYTVY said:

One massive flaw in your logic here: you would prefer them to require lots of people? If they are tamable solo it allows solo/small tribes to have a chance, that should not be changed lol. Whenever things are made "harder" all that does is make it impossible for those who cannot dedicate all their time to the game. Those who can will likely be optimising anyway. So asking for things to be harder only raptors people who can't/don't want to play the game most of the day or in a large tribe over, not the ones making the game as taxing and toxic as it is. Plus very few things will ever take that long to tame unless you deliberately go for the absolute worst taming food.

So then why does it take 15+ hours to tame some creatures that are mainly for gathering and 1 hour to tame something that can wipe bases off the map with little risk to the person who's taming the titan?   That is like saying it takes lifetime to tame a pet cat and 1 day to tame Satan. You are talking about having a nuclear device as compared to a shotgun and the shotgun requires you weeks of effort and the nuke is an in and out purchase.

43 minutes ago, Garick said:

So then why does it take 15+ hours to tame some creatures that are mainly for gathering and 1 hour to tame something that can wipe bases off the map with little risk to the person who's taming the titan?   That is like saying it takes lifetime to tame a pet cat and 1 day to tame Satan. You are talking about having a nuclear device as compared to a shotgun and the shotgun requires you weeks of effort and the nuke is an in and out purchase.

There's good and bad on both sides, but it's PvP.  You are gonna get raided, so the only play is to get on board and be the guy chomping everyone's base with the ol' Desert Pancake.

On 11/19/2019 at 11:21 PM, TheDonn said:

There's good and bad on both sides, but it's PvP.  You are gonna get raided, so the only play is to get on board and be the guy chomping everyone's base with the ol' Desert Pancake.

I have no issue being raided, I only have issues where there is nothing to be done about that raid. No matter the defense, no matter the dino someone alone walks in with something like a titan and removes you from the map. Days, weeks, months of work gone in moments due to a mechanic that is senseless and imo intended to drive people off official servers into private so wildcard can have an excuse to close those servers down.

On 11/21/2019 at 2:12 PM, Garick said:

I have no issue being raided, I only have issues where there is nothing to be done about that raid. No matter the defense, no matter the dino someone alone walks in with something like a titan and removes you from the map. Days, weeks, months of work gone in moments due to a mechanic that is senseless and imo intended to drive people off official servers into private so wildcard can have an excuse to close those servers down.

Yeah.  I get it, no disagreement with what the Titan or Titans are capable of!

The problem is, the Titan is an exaggerated addition to Offense in an already hilariously easy Offense system.  Titan or not, competent and well-planned raiders will accomplish the same thing with some dinos and a strategy.  With more farming, mind you, but my point here is that currently, no matter the defense, you are always less than an hour away from being looted and watching months of work swirl the drain.  I am not a guru who has a solution to this issue, but the imbalance of offense and defense is and has been a problem with ARK for its life.  It is worse now than in years past, but it has never ever been harder to raid a base than to build and defend one (or even just defend one).

Like I said, I don't know how they can fix this, and I promise this isn't an addition to the "PvP sucks" discussion, but I'm just echoing a sentiment I share with a fairly big chunk of the PvP community.  Offense is always far easier than Defense, and the Titans just illuminate that in a whole new way.

your defence werent good enough i should say, remember in a crossark havign seen a desert titan + forest titan, trying to wipe a "island green obelisk base" and seeing both titan having to stay in distance because of the damage that was dealt to them (tek turret + velo devastating), so sadly my only thing is that your base wasnt defended enough (design wise)

many ppl underestimate the power of tek turret vs titan, and beleive me just 20 tek turret will make any titan back off !

On November 24, 2019 at 3:50 PM, anguelwyvern said:

your defence werent good enough i should say, remember in a crossark havign seen a desert titan + forest titan, trying to wipe a "island green obelisk base" and seeing both titan having to stay in distance because of the damage that was dealt to them (tek turret + velo devastating), so sadly my only thing is that your base wasnt defended enough (design wise)

many ppl underestimate the power of tek turret vs titan, and beleive me just 20 tek turret will make any titan back off !

Not too long ago I was on a SE server and someone brought the Forest Titan over and tried to wipe my friend's tribe. However his tribe had several drakes. They stayed at a distance and soared around him while the passengers sniped the Titan rider.

It worked and they killed the rider. Then they spent a few hours spawn camping the guy and kept that up while others killed the Titan with Velos.

5 hours ago, WafflePancake said:

Then they spent a few hours spawn camping the guy and kept that up while others killed the Titan with Velos.

why velos ? mek are the best for killing "tamed" titan by FAR even a prim one will be better than a fully imprinted velo

just because of the x9 dmg vs tamed titan (from sword and x3 from gun) not even talking about the siege module ! that also has a multiplicator vs tamed titan so now take a good mek  lets say you got a 300% melee mek add up the x9 you rbasicly having a titan killer that does base dmg of 2.700% melee,

it keeps bafflign me to see ppl complaining how OP titan are when they can be killed so easily ;(

12 hours ago, anguelwyvern said:

why velos ? mek are the best for killing "tamed" titan by FAR even a prim one will be better than a fully imprinted velo

just because of the x9 dmg vs tamed titan (from sword and x3 from gun) not even talking about the siege module ! that also has a multiplicator vs tamed titan so now take a good mek  lets say you got a 300% melee mek add up the x9 you rbasicly having a titan killer that does base dmg of 2.700% melee,

it keeps bafflign me to see ppl complaining how OP titan are when they can be killed so easily ;(

They didn't have any Meks. The tribe had just moved over to SE from Extinction and brought the utility and defense tames with them while they set up a new base.

On 11/28/2019 at 10:46 PM, anguelwyvern said:

Not only that lol they are dieing super fast after download on a map ? then there's the 15min download literally can shotgun it to death during this time .Titans are poop lol

Archived