Sign in to follow this  
Garick

Defense against Titans?

Defense against Titans?

So, since titans can be solo tamed and transferred between servers? How do small tribes or tribes at all defend against these seemingly impossible raiding monsters? Been playing about a week on a legacy server and things were going smoothly then one night late someone brings a titan over and just wipes our server. How do you defend against something that can just sit really far out and wipe your base regardless of defenses and materials?

It seems crazy to me that you can solo or duo tame these things considering the power they have and the ease at which they can rip through bases.

How can you fight a desert titan with a giga or mek if its flying high in the sky blowing you up? I guess I am just dumbfounded at how a game designer can create a creature that takes only one person to tame and then that creature is able to wreck almost all bases while at the same time making normal creatures take 10-18 hours to tame and those things die at the drop of a hat.   Wildcard, You amaze me in a  sad way.

On 11/7/2019 at 7:19 PM, Garick said:

How can you fight a desert titan with a giga or mek if its flying high in the sky blowing you up? I guess I am just dumbfounded at how a game designer can create a creature that takes only one person to tame and then that creature is able to wreck almost all bases while at the same time making normal creatures take 10-18 hours to tame and those things die at the drop of a hat.   Wildcard, You amaze me in a  sad way.

One massive flaw in your logic here: you would prefer them to require lots of people? If they are tamable solo it allows solo/small tribes to have a chance, that should not be changed lol. Whenever things are made "harder" all that does is make it impossible for those who cannot dedicate all their time to the game. Those who can will likely be optimising anyway. So asking for things to be harder only raptors people who can't/don't want to play the game most of the day or in a large tribe over, not the ones making the game as taxing and toxic as it is. Plus very few things will ever take that long to tame unless you deliberately go for the absolute worst taming food.

On 11/7/2019 at 2:19 PM, Garick said:

meks have rocket modules/and a cannon u can attach pretty good too . giga can be carried on a quetzal with some crafty building can incase the driver of the quetz  

On 11/8/2019 at 8:12 PM, MYTVY said:

One massive flaw in your logic here: you would prefer them to require lots of people? If they are tamable solo it allows solo/small tribes to have a chance, that should not be changed lol. Whenever things are made "harder" all that does is make it impossible for those who cannot dedicate all their time to the game. Those who can will likely be optimising anyway. So asking for things to be harder only raptors people who can't/don't want to play the game most of the day or in a large tribe over, not the ones making the game as taxing and toxic as it is. Plus very few things will ever take that long to tame unless you deliberately go for the absolute worst taming food.

So then why does it take 15+ hours to tame some creatures that are mainly for gathering and 1 hour to tame something that can wipe bases off the map with little risk to the person who's taming the titan?   That is like saying it takes lifetime to tame a pet cat and 1 day to tame Satan. You are talking about having a nuclear device as compared to a shotgun and the shotgun requires you weeks of effort and the nuke is an in and out purchase.

43 minutes ago, Garick said:

So then why does it take 15+ hours to tame some creatures that are mainly for gathering and 1 hour to tame something that can wipe bases off the map with little risk to the person who's taming the titan?   That is like saying it takes lifetime to tame a pet cat and 1 day to tame Satan. You are talking about having a nuclear device as compared to a shotgun and the shotgun requires you weeks of effort and the nuke is an in and out purchase.

There's good and bad on both sides, but it's PvP.  You are gonna get raided, so the only play is to get on board and be the guy chomping everyone's base with the ol' Desert Pancake.

On 11/19/2019 at 11:21 PM, TheDonn said:

There's good and bad on both sides, but it's PvP.  You are gonna get raided, so the only play is to get on board and be the guy chomping everyone's base with the ol' Desert Pancake.

I have no issue being raided, I only have issues where there is nothing to be done about that raid. No matter the defense, no matter the dino someone alone walks in with something like a titan and removes you from the map. Days, weeks, months of work gone in moments due to a mechanic that is senseless and imo intended to drive people off official servers into private so wildcard can have an excuse to close those servers down.