Beehive location and harvest questions

PaddyVu

Beehive location and harvest questions

I play singleplayer only for fishing but seem beehive spawn random location? Is this true? Each time i created new singleplayer,beehive location change around South zone 1,if i play on official server,all 4 beehives will respawn around the beach. Gather giant bee honey seem to be one time per 15 mins in singleplayer but can be 5 times in official server if i change the direction with the beehive . How do i change setting like this? I asked on reddit but no one answer :( Tks 

Beehives spawn randomly.  Like any other dino, it is impossible to specify where each one will spawn, only the general area it is likely too.  There's more info on here: https://ark.gamepedia.com/Giant_Bee
As far as I'm aware there is no direct ini to effect a beehive harvesting time, but using a dire bear to gather it when you do is the most efficient way (15 per gather).
 15 minute is the standard wait, whatever you managed to do on official seems like a bug/exploit :)

Hope this helps

1 hour ago, Savamther said:

Beehives spawn randomly.  Like any other dino, it is impossible to specify where each one will spawn, only the general area it is likely too.  There's more info on here: https://ark.gamepedia.com/Giant_Bee
As far as I'm aware there is no direct ini to effect a beehive harvesting time, but using a dire bear to gather it when you do is the most efficient way (15 per gather).
 15 minute is the standard wait, whatever you managed to do on official seems like a bug/exploit :)

Hope this helps

It's not an exploit :) Each time wild dinos are destroyed, the queens inside are destroyed but the beehive stays there. New beehives spawn on top of older ones, so technically you can still harvest from them. It's just that the older ones won't have a queen in it, the last one will.

So, if you destroy wild dinos multiple times in your singleplayer game, and wait for additional beehives to respawn, then you will be able to have that too.

1 hour ago, Norlinri said:

It's not an exploit :) Each time wild dinos are destroyed, the queens inside are destroyed but the beehive stays there. New beehives spawn on top of older ones, so technically you can still harvest from them. It's just that the older ones won't have a queen in it, the last one will.

So, if you destroy wild dinos multiple times in your singleplayer game, and wait for additional beehives to respawn, then you will be able to have that too.

Ooh I see. So what happened in the case of OP is he was obviously going to beehives that were technically multiple  stacked on top of eachother? I suppose that would make sense I haven't  come across it since I only play on small population servers!

16 minutes ago, Savamther said:

Ooh I see. So what happened in the case of OP is he was obviously going to beehives that were technically multiple  stacked on top of eachother? I suppose that would make sense I haven't  come across it since I only play on small population servers!

That would be my guess :) I noticed that a few years back and that's the conclusion I got with the testing I've done. Nothing really annoying here except when you're trying to find a queen and only find empty beehives hehe.

4 hours ago, Savamther said:

Beehives spawn randomly.  Like any other dino, it is impossible to specify where each one will spawn, only the general area it is likely too.

From my experience on official servers the spawn places are always the same, random is only which ones are "up" at the same time. Seems like there is a limited number of hives which can be up.

3 hours ago, Norlinri said:

My bee hives never respawned ?

Testing if you have to be in render distance the entire time next. Not much hope though.

On 11/13/2019 at 12:08 PM, Norlinri said:

haha that's a perfect example of unintended  behavior. Thanks! I'd always wondered about the beehive stacking.

Archived