Spawn killing. Legit strategy?

jashyjay

Spawn killing. Legit strategy?

Yes I'm newbie.

Got my base setup and needed flyers so I decided to go to Ragnarok for easy pte's and mutton.

Spawning there I meet with a naked dude with club banging my head. Unconscious and dead.

I lost 10 cryopods and 300 narcs 50 darts and small stuff. For that moment I couldn't decide if I should feel wronged. Next time setup 1x1 base with bed was my initial thought.

Is sitting from minutes to hours waiting for new comers for their 4 seconds of cinema vulnerability a legit strategy?

I've got 2 different kind of answers.

"That sucks"

or

"It's pvp get used to it".

Probably not a good idea to spawn blind into a map with a load of gear.  Guess you realize that now, though.

Don't expect Ark players (or PvP players in general) to have any kind of honor or sense of fair play.  You'll be sorely disappointed.

Heck, at least he put in the work himself.  You could have spawned right next to an auto-turret bunker.

3 minutes ago, Spiral3 said:

Don't you spawn in naked with no stuff until you visit an ob?

That's one way to do it, and honestly probably the solution for jashjay. You can either upload your stuff then transfer or transfer in with some gear on hand. I like to do a little of both, maybe go in with some armor, bolas and stimulants then make a run for a obilisk

14 hours ago, SMP said:

Probably not a good idea to spawn blind into a map with a load of gear.  Guess you realize that now, though.

Don't expect Ark players (or PvP players in general) to have any kind of honor or sense of fair play.  You'll be sorely disappointed.

Heck, at least he put in the work himself.  You could have spawned right next to an auto-turret bunker.

I agree. If I understood correctly with my googling spawn killing with structures is not allowed. I could be wrong.

My base is at valguero aberration and finding drops can take a while since theres no obelisks. Sometimes it can take 15-30 min in which time I could get the resources I lost on the spawn kill + you have to do it again. This was my reasoning when I thought about transferring.

But ill rather spend the extra 30 minutes setting a 1x1 bed then getting clubbed again ^^

13 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

I spawn full kits most of the time  but am ready to blow someone's brains out in 2 sec lol with good armor you would have been fine .a sword will fix those bobs when they try to ko u lol

Was wearing flak armor and had 9 points on fortitude. Could stand up and take 2 steps before passing out.

Archived