Pulling season pass preorder, tired of WC contempt for players

Jimbodiah

Pulling season pass preorder, tired of WC contempt for players

With the last several patches, WC has been implementing more changes than they put in their changelogs. Then they come up with the Halloween event which has been a complete joke as it botched spawns on Valguero/Ragnarok, that they couldn't even fix with two new patches which broke things even more. 

Now with the 2GB update for some skins and a single fix, that broke several mods like S+ in the meantime... I have had enough with this BS. As of 5 minutes ago I have filed for a refund on my Genesis season pass pre-purchase. If WC only has contempt for their players and will not fix any issues, only introduce new ones, then I will no longer support this company.

If you are tired of this ever growing pile of bugs, hit WC where it hurts... pull your new season pass until they fix all the stuff they broke these last 2-3 months.

Not just mods, but the base game.

We've had hundreds of wyvern and raptors ever since they made another change to the spawning with the Halloween event patch. Even without the event active, it still overspawns on Val/Rag. Last two patches they didn't even acknowledge there was a problem anymore. Just look the other way and ignore it.

Then you try to fill out their survey to tell them what is wrong, and that exact survey is broken as all hell. WC is a complete farce at this point.

I would never return my season  pass ...I love this game too much a few bugs\updates don't effect my 10k + hours of game play  at all I only play official nothing as ever hendered my game ever..there isn't a game on the market  even close to ark .all the salt towards wildcard isn't doing sqwat lol  return ur season passes it isn't going to change a thing lol .best of luck on your next adventure keep surviving

I'm sorry but you either like/love a game and deal with the inconveniences for a week or two here and there or quit. No need to announce it on the forums. You come across as whiny. I have 5k hours in this game. Having to stay out of the wyvern trench for a week or two doesn't break the game. Avoiding chalk hills if possible doesn't break the game permanently.

The patch last night took an hour and a half. That was annoying but I will still keep playing, because the game is worth it to me. 

Honestly, quit or don't. But the forum theatrics get old. 

Oh and BTW, good luck refunding the season pass. If you have played more than a few hours on ARK since it was purchased pretty sure it is non refundable. 

42 minutes ago, IrishAlexis said:

I'm sorry but you either like/love a game and deal with the inconveniences for a week or two here and there or quit. No need to announce it on the forums. You come across as whiny. I have 5k hours in this game. Having to stay out of the wyvern trench for a week or two doesn't break the game. Avoiding chalk hills if possible doesn't break the game permanently.

The patch last night took an hour and a half. That was annoying but I will still keep playing, because the game is worth it to me. 

Oh and BTW, good luck refunding the season pass. If you have played more than a few hours on ARK since it was purchased pretty sure it is non refundable. 

Well said.  The root of the problem is that video games are essentially cheap toys, but some folks place an undue amount of importance on them and expect an unrealistic amount of support. 

19 minutes ago, SMP said:

Well said.  The root of the problem is that video games are essentially cheap toys, but some folks place an undue amount of importance on them and expect an unrealistic amount of support. 

While I don't disagree on an unrealistic amount of support.

I do think the game and it's updates should be properly tested and not break things. Modded server had a lot of issues with this patch, because things were changed. Nothing was documented.

I run into a few bugs but I think I just keep chugging along because overall I enjoy the game. I really enjoyed the event. I got a few reapers i wanted and was able to raise about 5o gigas between our tribe.  So yeah the patches are big and sometimes break stuff, and yeah there are some things that make me wanna quit but i never will cause i enjoy the game and have gotten my moneys worth out of it.

2 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

I would never return my season  pass ...I love this game too much a few bugs\updates don't effect my 10k + hours of game play  at all I only play official nothing as ever hendered my game ever..there isn't a game on the market  even close to ark .all the salt towards wildcard isn't doing sqwat lol  return ur season passes it isn't going to change a thing lol .best of luck on your next adventure keep surviving

+1

I bought game last year, October. So far 2.5k hours.  Ark isn't perfect but I still enjoy playing it. 

I hate bugs as any other gamer, however like others, I’m still enjoying myself. I will continue to invest time and money as long as new content comes along. There is no other game like Ark. Some came close like Conan, however I’m still here playing Ark and I just renewed one of my server for a year. That’s how much I love Ark…Even as a console player, being left out of all those goodie Mod’s you PC player have. ?

2 hours ago, IrishAlexis said:

I disagree I to love this game and will not give up my season pass but people should announce if they want their thoughts it motivates change and they deserve it they bought the game.

Archived