Question on Mutations

Dakillerson

Question on Mutations

So a friend gave me an egg and I got a female and a male 0/1 mutations (a color mutation) How can I start breeding those properly without losing too many mutations? Because if I breed them the offspring will be 1/1 and at that point I already lost 1 mutation if I get a new mutation it will be 1/2 and if I breed them again with the 0/1 I will lose another mutation so how can I do it? is it impossible? should I just give up on that dino? I heard about traspassing all mutations only to 1 side but is that possible? I am new to breeding, I now I can start a dino from scratch but if it has a mutation is something I dont know how to deal with. Thanks for reading.

Edit: I was working on a line of the same dino (deynonichus) but non of my got that high stats mines are like 26points to 28points max and the ones I got from the egg have 30 - 33 points on the stats I want Hp meelee stamina weight

if you want a clean line to start mutation stacking from you absolutely cannot breed any dinos that already have mutations, unless the mutation is on a stat you want mutated (ie: on a high health stat.) 
This is especially the case if you breed with twins that both have the same mutation. You'd be essentially doubling the mutation without any change to the stats.

Best bet? Go and get a dino without any mutations and breed the mutated dino with that one instead. Don't use the other twin in the breeding line/ get rid of it. That way you can start trying for more mutations to stack cleanly. Never EVER breed two mutated dinos together unless you're happy you've done all the stacking you want to do.

Call me spoiled, but 33 is too low to start mutation stacking on it.

Don't get me wrong, it's a decent stat and I would combine few species to get one with 33 on all stats I care about to have strong creature for everyday use, but for mutations it's not the way to go. By the time it gets to 50 it will use up 8 mutations. And you can tame one with those 50 points. Yes, you need to be very lucky to get 50, but spending 8 mutations to get same result I can achieve with wildtame would bug me personally.

Uhm, that's assuming you are playing on official. Unofficial servers can have higher rates or mods that make 33 points viable.

There's a lot of good guides on mutation breeding but the most common & popular method is the alpha male method.

Get male with all the good stats you care about. Breeding him with lots of females that have 0 mutations (I mean LOTS, like 50 or more). If you get an improved stat, breed it in to make a new alpha male. Repeat.

With this alpha male method, the mutation counter on the male is irrelevant. As long as you are breeding with clean 0 mutation females, you have a chance at getting an improved stat. 

It takes a lot of time but this is how you get creatures with 100+ points in important stats. 

32 minutes ago, deedoubleu said:

Call me spoiled, but 33 is too low to start mutation stacking on it.

Don't get me wrong, it's a decent stat and I would combine few species to get one with 33 on all stats I care about to have strong creature for everyday use, but for mutations it's not the way to go. By the time it gets to 50 it will use up 8 mutations. And you can tame one with those 50 points. Yes, you need to be very lucky to get 50, but spending 8 mutations to get same result I can achieve with wildtame would bug me personally.

Uhm, that's assuming you are playing on official. Unofficial servers can have higher rates or mods that make 33 points viable.

33 on Deino could be worth it though. If you ko a normal dino with 33 points that is then going to get a taming affinity, you'd mostly likely tame it. Without the taming levels, it's hard to find 40+ on a dino that wastes levels into movement speed. That's probably too much egg stealing before you start breeding for mutes, imo. You'd just end up with a ton of cryo'd unused deino's when you could mute to that before you find it tamed. 

They are the exception imo.

19 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

33 on Deino could be worth it though. If you ko a normal dino with 33 points that is then going to get a taming affinity, you'd mostly likely tame it. Without the taming levels, it's hard to find 40+ on a dino that wastes levels into movement speed. That's probably too much egg stealing before you start breeding for mutes, imo. You'd just end up with a ton of cryo'd unused deino's when you could mute to that before you find it tamed. 

They are the exception imo.

I agree, 33 on wild is amazing because it will increase on taming, but OP was talking about bred dinos, thus 33 points in stat as a base to start slapping mutations on top.

14 minutes ago, deedoubleu said:

I agree, 33 on wild is amazing because it will increase on taming, but OP was talking about bred dinos, thus 33 points in stat as a base to start slapping mutations on top.

I got that. 

I'm saying a Deino doesn't get any taming levels so starting a Deino breeding line with 33 could be deemed worthy because the chance to find a Deino with 40 levels (which would be its wild stat) is very rare. 

I agree on a normal dino line, you want 43+ and on flyers ideally you'd start with 49 or 50 but Deino's would be the exception or else you may never start a Deino breeding line. 

Woah Now I understand Everything Thank you all so much for the info!!! I really appreciate it! I think Ill continue stealing deinos egg and also, I willl start a line with stats as close as possible to the Deinonychus I got from my friend so hopefully I can improve that line if I get lucky hatching a wild with a stat that has enough points on it to make it worth breeding :D!

Archived