Jump to content

Cedric

Weigh In: What you want in ARK?

Recommended Posts

With the recent discussions on the mana nerf, people including me have mentioned the ability to modify each creature individually through .ini files. Being able to do things like modify the base health of a dodo and only the dodo would allow people to set the game to their own preferences, such as undoing nerfs or server admins balancing creatures the way they want.

You'd go to the .ini files and add in a line with a multiplier value. For instance, the dodo mentioned previously would have a health modifier of 1.0, the default health. Someone could go there and set it to something like 2.0, and the dodo would now have double health.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are they ever going to get rid of the money grab that is the "tether?"

I have seen NO other game that forces players to spend money in this way; and while pretty clever, it is truly a sausage move.

For local coop, it almost makes sense; but playing online with a friend there is absolutely no reason to have a tether other than to coerce somebody into renting a private server or buying another system to "host" with.

In LOCAL COOP, a tether helps with potential resource issues; but when each system has only one user on it; the tether is purely a "scratch my back and I'll scratch yours" tactic.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The only thing that I would ask for from the dev team would be better server performance and stability.  Currently have 4k hours and all solo . The most frustrating thing for me is losing tames due to server crashes or huge lag spikes .

PC official island 395 now has server rollback every day this week and at least 3 times a week for the past few months due to huge server crashes 

 

I would honestly pay for a new version of ark if it was exactly the same with no bugs and better server performance , content seems unnecessary when the servers are terrible .

Edited by Thomas180990
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I want most of all, is for the amount of food it takes to tame a bronto to be reduced.

 

I don't mind it taking a lot of berries, or veggies, those are easy to come by, and it's understandable that they would take a lot. But the kibble cost is another matter.

 

A bronto is nowhere near as powerful as a Giga, nor as versatile as a T-rex. You can't do bosses with them, they're slow, and hard to maneuver. But, they cost nearly 3x as much of the same kibble as the Giga or the Rex. Not only does this make them much more expensive to tame, despite being worse at most things, but the final max level is slightly lower than the Rex.

 

The main thing a bronto is good for is gathering a lot of berries all at once. They used to be the best cargo haulers for heavy weight overland, but the Basilisk now takes that spot. Which is somewhat annoying, but not a huge deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@complexminded I would like to see testing of new additions to the game pre-release.  Managarmr were released a year ago and they're still getting nerf'd.  One would think spawning in a max level version of the creature during testing would've reveled this.  I understand trying to make each creature unique is difficult; but to make such debilitating changes after we've spent a year breeding is just cruel.  This single failure on the part of the devs cost me hundreds of hours in breeding a flying mount that can no longer fly. We have a new DLC coming soon and I don't want to be worried about what awesome new mounts are about to get nerf'd into the ground.  PLEASE do more in-depth play testing on creatures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ark QOL Suggestions from a PvE XboxOfficial Server Player:

1.     Multiple item selection function. i.e. Change double-tapping A function on Xbox from transferring 1 item to toggling multi-item selection function. Then press A on every item you want to transfer/drop/etc.

2.     Tek tier camera w/ controller (screen). It could be useful for defense, raising, hatching eggs, ect.

3.     Option to show when tames/turrets kill something

@Cedric I think the google doc needs updating...😅

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would LOVE to see win10 store and Xbox versions to receive updates at the same time. I RE BOUGHT this game to be able to play with my friends on xbox, but the win10 version compared to steam edition is a damn joke! Since I got this game, I've only been able to play like three damn times before updates that wont even let me see servers! This is outrageous!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, MadMoose94 said:

I would LOVE to see win10 store and Xbox versions to receive updates at the same time. I RE BOUGHT this game to be able to play with my friends on xbox, but the win10 version compared to steam edition is a damn joke! Since I got this game, I've only been able to play like three damn times before updates that wont even let me see servers! This is outrageous!

I just downloaded the win10 version after going through boot camp on mac and buying windows 10 OS just to use Xbox Play Anywhere and play Ark. I was hoping to be able to join my server on xbox, but there hasn't been an update to match xbox since I downloaded it on win10. There's such potential there...😔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Less content before more present bug and stability fixes. Same as last year. 

 

Same as two years prior.

 

Same as three years prior.

 

 

Sa--I don't think they're really taking it into consideration as highly as I've read it...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I really would like to see better AI and more realistic behavior on all creatures, wild and tamed. I want to believe I'm surrounded by living creatures, not mindless automatons.

There ought to be baby, juvenile, adolescent, and adult forms for all wild creatures, transitioning from stage to stage at the same intervals as bred creatures, tamable at every stage, and cared for (or not) by their parents as appropriate for the species.

It would be cool if both wild and tamed creatures at least went through the motions of eating and sleeping. Right now, a lot of the herbivores, especially, don't even seem to eat in the wild, just shuffle around aimlessly. (I'm looking at you, Triceratops.)

There should be a more realistic method of taming, something akin to the current passive taming, only more involved. Put the food in the last slot on the hotbar like now, but make "using" it more of an "offer" instead of a direct feeding (e.g. hold out the food and see if the creature is interested). The creatures should go about their business at first, and be extremely reluctant to take the first offering, until they are hungry enough... then eat more readily with each subsequent offer, and even start to follow the survivor as he moves around, until they are finally fully tamed.

AI pathfinding is currently atrocious. Wild and tamed dinos seem to get stuck on every rock or tree along their path. Improve this.

And for the love of God, please fix the inverse kinematics on the Brontosaurus skeletal rigging. It's cringeworthy to see the interesting (and painful-looking) ways their joints bend as they try to step over rocks and logs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ArrynHellfire said:

I would like to see the recent nerf to Managarmr dash attack to be reverted. My favourite dino is completely useless now!
I can live with less amount of jumps and strafes, but do not take away my dash attack :(

Not agree. Nerf mana can be a good news for futurs creaturs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2020 at 6:07 PM, TargetOne said:

Personally, I really would like to see better AI and more realistic behavior on all creatures, wild and tamed. I want to believe I'm surrounded by living creatures, not mindless automatons.

There ought to be baby, juvenile, adolescent, and adult forms for all wild creatures, transitioning from stage to stage at the same intervals as bred creatures, tamable at every stage, and cared for (or not) by their parents as appropriate for the species.

It would be cool if both wild and tamed creatures at least went through the motions of eating and sleeping. Right now, a lot of the herbivores, especially, don't even seem to eat in the wild, just shuffle around aimlessly. (I'm looking at you, Triceratops.)

There should be a more realistic method of taming, something akin to the current passive taming, only more involved. Put the food in the last slot on the hotbar like now, but make "using" it more of an "offer" instead of a direct feeding (e.g. hold out the food and see if the creature is interested). The creatures should go about their business at first, and be extremely reluctant to take the first offering, until they are hungry enough... then eat more readily with each subsequent offer, and even start to follow the survivor as he moves around, until they are finally fully tamed.

AI pathfinding is currently atrocious. Wild and tamed dinos seem to get stuck on every rock or tree along their path. Improve this.

And for the love of God, please fix the inverse kinematics on the Brontosaurus skeletal rigging. It's cringeworthy to see the interesting (and painful-looking) ways their joints bend as they try to step over rocks and logs.

So much of this would be great aesthetically for the game, but I think WC needs to focus on bug fixes and QOL improvements first. Granted, they will never fix every bug, but the game is in too much of a fragile state for them to implement changes like these soon. 

However, I love the idea of there being baby, juvenile, adolescent, and adult forms. I think meshing that with breeding would be a very interested new game mechanic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

in tribe log when things get destroyed wires etc or parts of the base would be nice in the tribe log to say what it was unlike now where it is not specified .... example i was trapping a direbear for someone to tame and it smashed my electronic wires no big deal easily replaceable i clearly saw what did it but in the tribe log it never said what did it .... would be a nice quality of life thing i think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think  if you did a POLL< asking the community from all servers  what they would rather,   NEW content,  or Just fix Crap  so that it works right. (like that is ever going to happen).  You would get an Overwhelming Majority telling you to just fix the fundatmentals of the game.  

I GUARANTEE  you would LOSE  a lot less players as well.

#1, I have nearly 5000 hours on ark.  and I have 3 kids that play or have played at various times.

#2  I played stomping lands B4 ark, and was in on the beta for ark since begining.

#3 I own, Island, centre, Scorched, ragnarok, valguerro, extinction, aberration  season pass, and Primitive Plus.

 

I will do my best to make this brief, although there is a LOT of info here.

I have played on all those expansions, etc listed above.  since the begining of time ark has run,   and here are some of my Insights into ark.  game developers, Mods, Admins  . whoever you all are that run this crap.

I spend a lot of money, on this game, and Expansions,  season pass etc. this *ENTITLES* me to customer Support,, I am a PAYING Customer.   but *IN MY GAMING EXPERIENCE With Ark / Wildcard* 
That has NOT mattered one Freaking bit.   EVERY SINGLE  support ticket I have ever posted  has been Denied,  or ignored,   I mean,  I have tickets 4 years ago.  that I never once got an email or reply to.  not even a Courteous HEY WE GOT YOUR MESSAGE MAN!!

On Official servers,  Pve, mode,  i played on several servers  (a rather long while ago,)  we were PLAGUED by tribes that pillared off areas,  put up foundations to block metal spawns,    Vast areas  covered   and to Prevent  Me ( and other players) from expanding or growing out tribes  our building sites were often blocked off around us, so we oculd not expand any farther.   They look for new joiners / players to the server and block in your thatch buildings so you can't grow.   

I put in countless tickets  about this,  with others form my tribes, and server who all played together,  I never once received an answer or ever recall a GM coming online to do anything.  after more than a year, 

I played on PVP>  OFFICIAL servers,  where listerally  several servers  ive played on,  My entire tribe was wiped  by Alphas fnot just from other servers but other nationalitys.  Spanish, chinese, Br's,  just to name a few,, Came in and wiped numerous servers  over and over,    Soimetimes  setting up bases around all the obelisks and plant X, gun turrets  heavys  etc etc  so no one can transfer in equipment pets, etc.   There are Metal Spike walls,  around Spawn points  so when you log in, you are spiked to death instantly and lose all your shyt.  this is STILL HAPPENING  AT THE PRESENT TIME  ON MANY SERVERS>

I have seen ALPHAS occupy a server for more than 2 Yrs.  Logging in on weekends and what not,  taking players hostage in cages and doing round the clock Narc'ing so we can't respawn new toons,  etc.  

This is NOT once a while  this happens, this is Nearly a daily basis.  in my experience on probably more than  a Dozen servers I have played on  over the last 5 yrs or what not.

And then legacy servers..

I have played on legacy on at least 1 server  and at times 4-5  since the Beta.    and Although there are alphas that do come on and wipe entire servers,  even though we screwed for support completely  by the company we are still PAYING<   with the same hard earned money  everyone else is using.    we get Fluffed over  time and time again.

 

I got some news for you,   We pay same CASH  as everyone else..   we are on OFFICIAL SERVERS<<   they belong to wild card  or what not,  and are your officially released game,  your officially released Expansion modules etc.

what you are doing is NOT about Keeping customers happy,, its about FORCING your customer base,  To move to new products and Expansion  so you can keep taking their fricken money.  IF  YOU EVER  HAD ANY*** INTENTION to keep your Customers happy,   you would have stopped just randomly adding dinos  every month  5 yrs ago, and actually fixed your game engine, and lag issues, and Disconnects,  and fixed falling through landscape and Meshing  Issues  THAT STILL EXIST TO THIS DAY.

I play WOW<  world of warcraft for more than 15 yrs,  and HAPPILY PAID 14.99$ canadian  Per month,  month after month, year after year.. BECAUSE THEIR PRODUCT WORKS>

THEY BAN Game abusers,  hackers, Bullies Those who are there to Lessen the game experience of others.

I Played Global MU online for probably 12 yrs +  Paying for Items and buffs as I went  adding up inot the 1000's of dollars over the years,

I played  SWTOR    star wars the old republic,  Again,  MORE than 10--12 yrs,,  purchasing items,  buffs,  etc In  the Ingame  sHops.. 

These are just a COUPLE of the games i have played,  for years,  not to mention  EVERY SINGLE  Need for speed game and movie ever released,   All the Gran turismo's. PS

Battle fields, Medal of Honours,  Half life,  etc etc

One of the patterns Is that I have been  a LOYAL paying Fan  of these other games  for some more than 20 years.  Because  they work,  they support their customers,  they ban hackers,  they ban abusers,  THEY DO THE WORK  to make the Game Great.
They dont just throw up some Weekend Boosted XP  and tell players to go screw themselves.

 

I PAID for your game, So i can indulge MY SENSE of Entertainment.  To raise baby dinos,  to build bases. and breed new Dinos to see how big and strong and high level i can make them.   This is MY  entertainment that I am paying for.

JUST SO THAT Some Dumbass Weekend warrior can unload 100's of C4 and rockets  and him and his pot smoking group of fuktards can go and wipe out 3 yrs of work,, While im Offline   and then when I submit a ticket  I get told  we don't offer customer support on legacy servers.

AND the best one of all,   You need to submit a recent screen shot,  of your pet.  Proving that it exists,  Other wise  Lost, destroyed, killed pets, ETC  will not be replaced.

Are you freaking kidding me ?   I have baby rexes, lvl 392, to 420,   and Breed then Enmass,  I don't take screenies as each one is born then update them all each day.

 

YOU Abuse, and neglect  your customer base, and come up with lame azz exscuses for why you cannot support your product / services,  and give your paying customers a pat on the aback   once in a while.

I LOVE legacy servers  and in all honestly  ive been raided like 30 times in the last 7 - 8 months, and I have managed, to save my baby rexs, and manas, and wyverns, and almost lvl 300 Quetzels.   and after being wiped,  move to a new spot, or a new sever, or a new base and ENTIRELY start over again,, COUNTLESS times.

 

So since i am  ABSOLUTELY  one of your MOST LOYAL fans,  Since I have stuck through all the crap for more than 5 YRS now.  Since i have gone through Countless Loss,  and tried nearly every game mode over and over   here is what would make me happy.

 

you DONT need 100% of your servers updated to new ones. thats just a LOAD of crap.. HALF your *official* servers  are empty most of the time,  then when  you add Expansion or other modes, you get a Burst of players for 30 days ?? MAYBE 60 if your lucky  and then they are Empty again.

 

Leave a certain % of servesr as Legacy,  of each game mode,  aberation, extinction, ragnarok, island, centre, SE

FIND SOME WAY<  that Legacy players can copy,  move, Upload  their dinos and key Items and Move them to a new   *Official server*  If they so wish to do that.  AFTER 3 Yrs on Legacy,  Breeding my rexes up to level 420 babies, with 38K Health, and 1250% melee dmg. with 2000+ Stam  etc  Why should I have to watch them all get deleted  and POOF<  so that I can move to an  *Official*  server  to start with absolutely nothing,   and have  LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE PERSON on that server  abuse the shyt out of you. because you have nothing.   At least  Being able to move with my dino's  I have some Defense.. I have some means  to get metal . stone,   make  a descent base  within a matter of hours,, not a matter of days.

Change all of your Game modes to FREE Expansions,    YUP<  A  One time purchase gets you ALL Modes, expansions of ark  So whatever it is 49.99$  and you get ALL ARK games / expansions.  THEN<

Charge a flat Rate fee,   5.99 Month,  9.99 $ a Month.  (not more,  your game simply isn't worth that much)   THEN  After people start subscribing,, offer some REAL CUSTOMER SUPPORT ACROSS ALL REALMS>  Because My 79.99$  in cash is the same value  as the guy who plays official vs legacy,  YOu cant pick and choose to support some cutomers and not  others/

You boost DmG   for caves  etc  right ?   why not support a More Fair  PVP alternative.   Something like this.

When you are offline,  the Damage you take is dropped By like 90%  and the dmg your pets,  turret  etc infict is boosted another 50% or something.  This will help make raiders  really have to pay,  and bust their butts to raid someone offline.  and OFC  You can't be in the middle of a Fight and try to OFFLINE  to save your azz... not fair.

To those  jerks and Alphas.   who INSIST on consitantly raiding  OFFLINE players / tribes,  They will be given a DEBUFF<  where they will take an extra 100% Dmg  for a set duration of time,    so while they are out Bullying  those tribes  who have 3-4 guys, and totally wipe all their dinos etc.  and destroy every base,  every box, vault and everything they own,  they must also take a risk.    and as they Raid more  and more offline players,   Kill more dinos,     their DEBUFF weakens them more and more so that they take more dmg   maybe 500% more damage  from all sources.

THEN  when that tribe logs in,  that has 2 or 3 players,  who doesnt Spend 30 people, 10 hours a day farming gunpowder and metal,    they can go and ACTUALLY retaliate.  Vs those  who abused / bullied  etc.  

Even out the battle field for those we don't spend all their time on ark  stockpiling to wipe out everyone else for no reason.

Go back to making things  Simple man.   ARK  island / Centre  was for  Dinos  and primitive type of play,, KEEP IT THAT WAY> 

Stop allowing Cross Dino Contamination.   

IF wyvern are in SE and Rag,  Extinction.  Leave them there.  Do not allow  moving  cross modes.  If TEK is allowed  Aberation and Extinction,  LEaVE it on those two game modes.

I can't tell you how many times  On Ragn  My base,  Golems,  Gigas,  Rexs  have been wiped out By Meks and Rail guns and other Tek crap.. its frustrating...  

If you tame a TITAN<  on Extinct  It should STAY on extinction.  etc etc.

then by doing so,  Players  who have  Rexs and Gigas,  will only have to fight  Vs.  Rexes and Gigas.    and So forth.   

You  simply CANNOT  make a base on ragnarok thats going to witthstand  Meks, and Tek gear  assaults.  

So those who like tek  can go play tek,  those that like more oldschool  can do their thing.

 

 

This is really what gets  me  this   Makes my head explode...

I pay the same as everyone else.  and all I want to do  is raise my dinos,, build a cool a base.   THATS   MY<<< thing.  but I hvae to Tolerate.   Idiots  quite frankly,  because they grew up on a free internet that Promotes Obscurity, and Anonymity   no one knows  who they are,, where they are,,, So they can say/  do anything they like.  Mentality.  Heres the problem.  I pay the same amount of money  to enjoy your game  the WAY  i enjoy it.. and all they do  Is destroy  the beauty  of what other people Create.  Why s hould i have to be subjected to online bullying,  and harrassment  because you can't support the people who buy your products ???

 

LASTLY 

I cannot tell you,  words Cannot express   how much  I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE   *the IDEA  Of This game  ARK*

But you have dropped the ball  so many times,  and ignored Sound.  Professional  BUSINESS~!!!!  this game COULD BE  beyond Amazing,  SPECTACULAR     and go down into the HIstory of  Best video games  ever.  But  you guys keep ignoring the basics,  fix the bugs,  get rid of the  Game exploits,  Meshing among other things.    Balance the PVP system so It cannot be abused, by the bullys, hackers, and Griefers,   Back in the BETA of ark, I would fall through the floor of my house  and drown in the water Underneath.. IT STILL DOES THAT<   5+ yrs later.. WHO DOES THAT???   Seriously,, what Company out there,  has such HUGE  Glaring bugs, glitches etc,  and Completely Ignores it,  so they can launch a new dino!! Or a new 2x  XP event..  

IF YOU WANT PAYING CUSTOMERS S GIVE THEM WHAT THEY PAY FOR>

RULE #1  SUPPORT YOUR DAM CUSTOMERS    plain and simple,,   then they keep coming back,  Your losing people.   having server populations DROP dramatically because people are tired of you NOT doing your JOBS      to be CLEAR     without PAYING  CUSTOMERS    You have NO JOB>

#2  YA  i KNOW ITS PVP server,  but your PVP  is messed up     do something to FIX it.   balance it.  In ALL THE YEARS ive played ARK  i have LITERALLY  been online 2x  when i was raided  out of like 200  Times  Ive been raided and wiped out. i have been online  to dfend myself 2X>..    and BOTH of those times   i was outmanned,  out gunned and could do almost NOTHING  to stop them from raiding me,< BUT   both times,   i packed up my best pets,, flyers  etc, and the BPS  items i wanted most  and walked away  while they destroyed everything.     They don't do it  to get items or dinos  for the most part, I have screen shots of people  typing ot me in chat,  on how much they do it,, JUST  for the FUN of killing Peoples pets they have worked so hard for.. 

Your PVP is broke,, ffs   Do something  with it..

 

I would be happy  to pay your company more money, if you actually did ANYTHING  tha tmattered  to fix the game.  make it more playable,  more balanced  and I would KEEP playing  it  for years,, without MORE DINOS and More XP event.s.   Just leave me the Fark  alone  to play   but No you gota keep deleting my servers and wiping my pets.

 

I have ranted a raved enough.. so tired of this  Crap..   if you want peoples money,, Treat them like you give a CRAP and they will be appy to give you Money.

I have been loyal to this game SINCE day one.  and I am finally FED UP  with the bull crapoola    If you guys don't fix this crap  im Out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, AXEHOLE said:

I think  if you did a POLL< asking the community from all servers  what they would rather,   NEW content,  or Just fix Crap  so that it works right. (like that is ever going to happen).  You would get an Overwhelming Majority telling you to just fix the fundatmentals of the game.  

I GUARANTEE  you would LOSE  a lot less players as well.

#1, I have nearly 5000 hours on ark.  and I have 3 kids that play or have played at various times.

#2  I played stomping lands B4 ark, and was in on the beta for ark since begining.

#3 I own, Island, centre, Scorched, ragnarok, valguerro, extinction, aberration  season pass, and Primitive Plus.

 

I will do my best to make this brief, although there is a LOT of info here.

I have played on all those expansions, etc listed above.  since the begining of time ark has run,   and here are some of my Insights into ark.  game developers, Mods, Admins  . whoever you all are that run this crap.

I spend a lot of money, on this game, and Expansions,  season pass etc. this *ENTITLES* me to customer Support,, I am a PAYING Customer.   but *IN MY GAMING EXPERIENCE With Ark / Wildcard* 
That has NOT mattered one Freaking bit.   EVERY SINGLE  support ticket I have ever posted  has been Denied,  or ignored,   I mean,  I have tickets 4 years ago.  that I never once got an email or reply to.  not even a Courteous HEY WE GOT YOUR MESSAGE MAN!!

On Official servers,  Pve, mode,  i played on several servers  (a rather long while ago,)  we were PLAGUED by tribes that pillared off areas,  put up foundations to block metal spawns,    Vast areas  covered   and to Prevent  Me ( and other players) from expanding or growing out tribes  our building sites were often blocked off around us, so we oculd not expand any farther.   They look for new joiners / players to the server and block in your thatch buildings so you can't grow.   

I put in countless tickets  about this,  with others form my tribes, and server who all played together,  I never once received an answer or ever recall a GM coming online to do anything.  after more than a year, 

I played on PVP>  OFFICIAL servers,  where listerally  several servers  ive played on,  My entire tribe was wiped  by Alphas fnot just from other servers but other nationalitys.  Spanish, chinese, Br's,  just to name a few,, Came in and wiped numerous servers  over and over,    Soimetimes  setting up bases around all the obelisks and plant X, gun turrets  heavys  etc etc  so no one can transfer in equipment pets, etc.   There are Metal Spike walls,  around Spawn points  so when you log in, you are spiked to death instantly and lose all your shyt.  this is STILL HAPPENING  AT THE PRESENT TIME  ON MANY SERVERS>

I have seen ALPHAS occupy a server for more than 2 Yrs.  Logging in on weekends and what not,  taking players hostage in cages and doing round the clock Narc'ing so we can't respawn new toons,  etc.  

This is NOT once a while  this happens, this is Nearly a daily basis.  in my experience on probably more than  a Dozen servers I have played on  over the last 5 yrs or what not.

And then legacy servers..

I have played on legacy on at least 1 server  and at times 4-5  since the Beta.    and Although there are alphas that do come on and wipe entire servers,  even though we screwed for support completely  by the company we are still PAYING<   with the same hard earned money  everyone else is using.    we get Fluffed over  time and time again.

 

I got some news for you,   We pay same CASH  as everyone else..   we are on OFFICIAL SERVERS<<   they belong to wild card  or what not,  and are your officially released game,  your officially released Expansion modules etc.

what you are doing is NOT about Keeping customers happy,, its about FORCING your customer base,  To move to new products and Expansion  so you can keep taking their fricken money.  IF  YOU EVER  HAD ANY*** INTENTION to keep your Customers happy,   you would have stopped just randomly adding dinos  every month  5 yrs ago, and actually fixed your game engine, and lag issues, and Disconnects,  and fixed falling through landscape and Meshing  Issues  THAT STILL EXIST TO THIS DAY.

I play WOW<  world of warcraft for more than 15 yrs,  and HAPPILY PAID 14.99$ canadian  Per month,  month after month, year after year.. BECAUSE THEIR PRODUCT WORKS>

THEY BAN Game abusers,  hackers, Bullies Those who are there to Lessen the game experience of others.

I Played Global MU online for probably 12 yrs +  Paying for Items and buffs as I went  adding up inot the 1000's of dollars over the years,

I played  SWTOR    star wars the old republic,  Again,  MORE than 10--12 yrs,,  purchasing items,  buffs,  etc In  the Ingame  sHops.. 

These are just a COUPLE of the games i have played,  for years,  not to mention  EVERY SINGLE  Need for speed game and movie ever released,   All the Gran turismo's. PS

Battle fields, Medal of Honours,  Half life,  etc etc

One of the patterns Is that I have been  a LOYAL paying Fan  of these other games  for some more than 20 years.  Because  they work,  they support their customers,  they ban hackers,  they ban abusers,  THEY DO THE WORK  to make the Game Great.
They dont just throw up some Weekend Boosted XP  and tell players to go screw themselves.

 

I PAID for your game, So i can indulge MY SENSE of Entertainment.  To raise baby dinos,  to build bases. and breed new Dinos to see how big and strong and high level i can make them.   This is MY  entertainment that I am paying for.

JUST SO THAT Some Dumbass Weekend warrior can unload 100's of C4 and rockets  and him and his pot smoking group of fuktards can go and wipe out 3 yrs of work,, While im Offline   and then when I submit a ticket  I get told  we don't offer customer support on legacy servers.

AND the best one of all,   You need to submit a recent screen shot,  of your pet.  Proving that it exists,  Other wise  Lost, destroyed, killed pets, ETC  will not be replaced.

Are you freaking kidding me ?   I have baby rexes, lvl 392, to 420,   and Breed then Enmass,  I don't take screenies as each one is born then update them all each day.

 

YOU Abuse, and neglect  your customer base, and come up with lame azz exscuses for why you cannot support your product / services,  and give your paying customers a pat on the aback   once in a while.

I LOVE legacy servers  and in all honestly  ive been raided like 30 times in the last 7 - 8 months, and I have managed, to save my baby rexs, and manas, and wyverns, and almost lvl 300 Quetzels.   and after being wiped,  move to a new spot, or a new sever, or a new base and ENTIRELY start over again,, COUNTLESS times.

 

So since i am  ABSOLUTELY  one of your MOST LOYAL fans,  Since I have stuck through all the crap for more than 5 YRS now.  Since i have gone through Countless Loss,  and tried nearly every game mode over and over   here is what would make me happy.

 

you DONT need 100% of your servers updated to new ones. thats just a LOAD of crap.. HALF your *official* servers  are empty most of the time,  then when  you add Expansion or other modes, you get a Burst of players for 30 days ?? MAYBE 60 if your lucky  and then they are Empty again.

 

Leave a certain % of servesr as Legacy,  of each game mode,  aberation, extinction, ragnarok, island, centre, SE

FIND SOME WAY<  that Legacy players can copy,  move, Upload  their dinos and key Items and Move them to a new   *Official server*  If they so wish to do that.  AFTER 3 Yrs on Legacy,  Breeding my rexes up to level 420 babies, with 38K Health, and 1250% melee dmg. with 2000+ Stam  etc  Why should I have to watch them all get deleted  and POOF<  so that I can move to an  *Official*  server  to start with absolutely nothing,   and have  LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE PERSON on that server  abuse the shyt out of you. because you have nothing.   At least  Being able to move with my dino's  I have some Defense.. I have some means  to get metal . stone,   make  a descent base  within a matter of hours,, not a matter of days.

Change all of your Game modes to FREE Expansions,    YUP<  A  One time purchase gets you ALL Modes, expansions of ark  So whatever it is 49.99$  and you get ALL ARK games / expansions.  THEN<

Charge a flat Rate fee,   5.99 Month,  9.99 $ a Month.  (not more,  your game simply isn't worth that much)   THEN  After people start subscribing,, offer some REAL CUSTOMER SUPPORT ACROSS ALL REALMS>  Because My 79.99$  in cash is the same value  as the guy who plays official vs legacy,  YOu cant pick and choose to support some cutomers and not  others/

You boost DmG   for caves  etc  right ?   why not support a More Fair  PVP alternative.   Something like this.

When you are offline,  the Damage you take is dropped By like 90%  and the dmg your pets,  turret  etc infict is boosted another 50% or something.  This will help make raiders  really have to pay,  and bust their butts to raid someone offline.  and OFC  You can't be in the middle of a Fight and try to OFFLINE  to save your azz... not fair.

To those  jerks and Alphas.   who INSIST on consitantly raiding  OFFLINE players / tribes,  They will be given a DEBUFF<  where they will take an extra 100% Dmg  for a set duration of time,    so while they are out Bullying  those tribes  who have 3-4 guys, and totally wipe all their dinos etc.  and destroy every base,  every box, vault and everything they own,  they must also take a risk.    and as they Raid more  and more offline players,   Kill more dinos,     their DEBUFF weakens them more and more so that they take more dmg   maybe 500% more damage  from all sources.

THEN  when that tribe logs in,  that has 2 or 3 players,  who doesnt Spend 30 people, 10 hours a day farming gunpowder and metal,    they can go and ACTUALLY retaliate.  Vs those  who abused / bullied  etc.  

Even out the battle field for those we don't spend all their time on ark  stockpiling to wipe out everyone else for no reason.

Go back to making things  Simple man.   ARK  island / Centre  was for  Dinos  and primitive type of play,, KEEP IT THAT WAY> 

Stop allowing Cross Dino Contamination.   

IF wyvern are in SE and Rag,  Extinction.  Leave them there.  Do not allow  moving  cross modes.  If TEK is allowed  Aberation and Extinction,  LEaVE it on those two game modes.

I can't tell you how many times  On Ragn  My base,  Golems,  Gigas,  Rexs  have been wiped out By Meks and Rail guns and other Tek crap.. its frustrating...  

If you tame a TITAN<  on Extinct  It should STAY on extinction.  etc etc.

then by doing so,  Players  who have  Rexs and Gigas,  will only have to fight  Vs.  Rexes and Gigas.    and So forth.   

You  simply CANNOT  make a base on ragnarok thats going to witthstand  Meks, and Tek gear  assaults.  

So those who like tek  can go play tek,  those that like more oldschool  can do their thing.

 

 

This is really what gets  me  this   Makes my head explode...

I pay the same as everyone else.  and all I want to do  is raise my dinos,, build a cool a base.   THATS   MY<<< thing.  but I hvae to Tolerate.   Idiots  quite frankly,  because they grew up on a free internet that Promotes Obscurity, and Anonymity   no one knows  who they are,, where they are,,, So they can say/  do anything they like.  Mentality.  Heres the problem.  I pay the same amount of money  to enjoy your game  the WAY  i enjoy it.. and all they do  Is destroy  the beauty  of what other people Create.  Why s hould i have to be subjected to online bullying,  and harrassment  because you can't support the people who buy your products ???

 

LASTLY 

I cannot tell you,  words Cannot express   how much  I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE   *the IDEA  Of This game  ARK*

But you have dropped the ball  so many times,  and ignored Sound.  Professional  BUSINESS~!!!!  this game COULD BE  beyond Amazing,  SPECTACULAR     and go down into the HIstory of  Best video games  ever.  But  you guys keep ignoring the basics,  fix the bugs,  get rid of the  Game exploits,  Meshing among other things.    Balance the PVP system so It cannot be abused, by the bullys, hackers, and Griefers,   Back in the BETA of ark, I would fall through the floor of my house  and drown in the water Underneath.. IT STILL DOES THAT<   5+ yrs later.. WHO DOES THAT???   Seriously,, what Company out there,  has such HUGE  Glaring bugs, glitches etc,  and Completely Ignores it,  so they can launch a new dino!! Or a new 2x  XP event..  

IF YOU WANT PAYING CUSTOMERS S GIVE THEM WHAT THEY PAY FOR>

RULE #1  SUPPORT YOUR DAM CUSTOMERS    plain and simple,,   then they keep coming back,  Your losing people.   having server populations DROP dramatically because people are tired of you NOT doing your JOBS      to be CLEAR     without PAYING  CUSTOMERS    You have NO JOB>

#2  YA  i KNOW ITS PVP server,  but your PVP  is messed up     do something to FIX it.   balance it.  In ALL THE YEARS ive played ARK  i have LITERALLY  been online 2x  when i was raided  out of like 200  Times  Ive been raided and wiped out. i have been online  to dfend myself 2X>..    and BOTH of those times   i was outmanned,  out gunned and could do almost NOTHING  to stop them from raiding me,< BUT   both times,   i packed up my best pets,, flyers  etc, and the BPS  items i wanted most  and walked away  while they destroyed everything.     They don't do it  to get items or dinos  for the most part, I have screen shots of people  typing ot me in chat,  on how much they do it,, JUST  for the FUN of killing Peoples pets they have worked so hard for.. 

Your PVP is broke,, ffs   Do something  with it..

 

I would be happy  to pay your company more money, if you actually did ANYTHING  tha tmattered  to fix the game.  make it more playable,  more balanced  and I would KEEP playing  it  for years,, without MORE DINOS and More XP event.s.   Just leave me the Fark  alone  to play   but No you gota keep deleting my servers and wiping my pets.

 

I have ranted a raved enough.. so tired of this  Crap..   if you want peoples money,, Treat them like you give a CRAP and they will be appy to give you Money.

I have been loyal to this game SINCE day one.  and I am finally FED UP  with the bull crapoola    If you guys don't fix this crap  im Out!

Being a "loyal" customer does not entitle you to be spoon-fed every minor detail you want to see put into the game. Does your opinion matter? Likely, it does. But going off on a tangent like this is probably the best way to be looked over by a company that has thousands of other "loyal" paying customers. Everyone will agree with you that we want to see bug and exploit fixes over new game content, but fact of the matter is there will always be bugs because coding is far beyond what most of us will care to try and understand. Also, they are a company with staff that works hard, whether we see it or not, and they want to be paid for their work. Monthly subscriptions are a great way for steady income but a huge turnoff nowadays where every company is trying to implement a monthly fee and slowly chipping away at consumer's fixed incomes. 

As for submitting tickets, I believe they could add more support to that team. I have had all of my tickets answered, although not always to my liking. I am currently talking with a GM about an open ticket that I submitted just last week when a player pillared in my base on PvE Official. That player will likely have those structures wiped, just like another player on my server who pillared excessively. They are answering tickets, so you must not be going about it the right way.

I'm truly sympathetic towards those players losing years of work on legacy servers. As a long-time player, I too have experience my fair share of loss. This was imminent though and again, Wildcard is a company that needs to make a profit to continue to run, so a cost-effective solution is to repurpose servers rather than purchase and maintain new ones. I have been playing on PvE Official servers for almost 2 years now and it is a great community that will help you get started if you just ask.

Lastly, as a retail employee for many years, the use of the phrase  "If you guys don't fix this crap  im Out!" has little impact to a company with thousands of other customers. Sure, they don't want to lose paying customers, but if they have to spend more time and money dealing with the stress of ungrateful customers like you, then it is easier to cut their losses and appease the rest of the crowd. Put on your big-boy pants and stress about bigger issues 🙃

In the words of Ced, "Opinions of a person, not a company."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...