Weigh In: What you want in ARK?

Cedric

As a hardcore servers player, with lack of servers stability and so many disconnects out of the blue, which cause many deaths, I'd really appreciate some kind of spawn protection. 

So nothing aggroes on you for like 15-20 seconds after you log in, or till you move. 

Cus it's very frustrating after game decided to kick you off, seeing your tek survivor being killed while the game is still loading and you can't do literally anything to deal with it. 

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Biggest waste of time ever.   Like WC is going to read this and say, "Oh, you know what!?  We've done a poor job with this game, lets start fixing it!"  "Let me get on that QoL document I said I would update months ago"   "Let me start communicating on official forums instead of using third part sites like twitter and reddit!"

And none of it will fix the toxic players who aren't even smart enough to realize this thread is not a raptoring suggestion forum.

On 11/18/2019 at 7:31 PM, covenantgrunt said:

Titans are trash now. They get melted by meks. Most titans dont even survive the 15 min it takes to download them if meks are present.

The days of titans wiping bases is long gone. People now know how to build bases properly, turret damage vs titans is buffed, and titan HP reduced. If you yeet a desert titan into a properly built official pvp server megatribe green ob these days its going to die swiftly without achieving anything. These days during wars on official titans dont live very long after being thng downloaded. They are used mainly as a defensive support dinos now instead of wiping bases. Titans have become glass cannons, the 150K HP racers we have now on officials have more eHP than desert titans. If you nerf titans anymore they will just become a meme like the old titanosaur.

Are meks viable for offline defense if you put them on aggressive or do you have to be online?

Hmmmmmmm what I want in ark????? Well I'd want chairs to be removed from the game entirely because I have see a glitch which allows you to go inside large rocks by sitting on a chair in front of a rock then getting off which would glitch you into the rock and allow you to build inside it. It should al least be banned on official/ PvP focused servers because its basically impossible to find one of these bases.

What do i want in ark. Not ark 2. This ARk feels like is the platform for something that has never been accomplished before. And infinite expanding game. 

In my opinion ark is the perfect sandbox. But i think ARk devs must now try to incorporate things beyond Dinos. 

The environments it has are great. However, there are so many types of environments we haven't tapped into that is surprising.  Imagine a map that is entirely a lava cave with different small oases as safe points. Imagine an totally underwater world where only water dinos are key to the gameplay. Imagine an entire modern society map with houses and building to claim and remodel. There are many things ark hasnt tried. I am guessing that is base on the fear of drifting away from the dinos. However, what i am saying is not to get rid of the dinos...but at some point you must add something new that adds to the game weather dinos are here or not. I am still waiting for a better character remodeling system. Maybe where faces dont look terrible like i have down syndrome. Maybe it would be nicer if we had some nice updated character creation system that allow us to create something much more personal. MAybe even something not human. Different races with different attributes. Maybe humans combined with dinos...etc. 

There are many things to explore in ark.  

Login Lock again, so I'm back.

One thing I would love to see if a gradual implementation of code to separate the pve and pvp features options. 

For example, it sounds like they may lock Manas to extinction due to their strength in pvp...so make it only be locked in pvp.

I understand this game is made for pvp players, but the pve community is being limited for problems that just don't apply in a pve environment.

I'm not saying a massive rework need to be done, just some better implementation with future changes that allows for a seperation to be possible.

Whatcha guys think?

TLDR - sorry if double post but I'm not reading 3 pages of comments. 

I've quit the game and haven't been on recently. I've been looking at the Google sheets. 

I want to play this game legitimately but not on ramped up x10 or x1000 xp

Would like if there was some way (haven't thought of a method because would spark huge debate) to decrease the time spent just "maintaining" your base if are one like me who plays alone. 

We all know that the bigger the base, means more maintenance instead of playing. For example I don't want to feel burned 6 out and come on the game just to spend an hour two just to feed dinos and get materials for gas or whatever (insert your material here). 

This game can take your life over if your base gets too big. 

I want an update to not break the game, like i think the intended latest update had good changes planned, but it makes no difference when it deletes characters and makes the game broken time and time again.

Where is quality control?

And the fact that they recognized it as a PS4 issue when Xbox and PC players are experiencing the same things, is frankly just comical.

I do want to say i typically applaud effort, and realize that things may not be as intended right away, but you'd think that after multiple issues with the latest updates causing issues, you may have a keener eye to the same thing repeating itself, yet that doesn't seem to be the case.

• Cedric locked and unpinned this topic

Archived