What is Wrong with my Imprint Timers?

Gunnsen

100% imprint on first imprint?

So I was imprinting a megalodon and when i completed the first imprint it immediately finished imprinting, it was already 100% imprinted after just walking it once. How do I fix this so it can be normal and I will have to do several imprints before 100% imprinted? Thanks

heres my settings

Baby mature speed : 3.0

baby food consumption speed: 1.0

baby cuddle interval multiplyer : 1.0

baby cuddle grace period multiplier: 1.0

baby cuddle lose imprint quality speed multiplier: 1.0

baby imprinting stat scale multiplier: 1.0

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/11/2019 at 11:25 PM, Ysertila said:

100% imprint on first imprint?

So I was imprinting a megalodon and when i completed the first imprint it immediately finished imprinting, it was already 100% imprinted after just walking it once. How do I fix this so it can be normal and I will have to do several imprints before 100% imprinted? Thanks

heres my settings

Baby mature speed : 3.0

baby food consumption speed: 1.0

baby cuddle interval multiplyer : 1.0

baby cuddle grace period multiplier: 1.0

baby cuddle lose imprint quality speed multiplier: 1.0

baby imprinting stat scale multiplier: 1.0

"The current issue is that the imprint percent is affected by the maturation speed. For example, if each imprint give 5% with x1 maturation and you have x40 maturation on your server, then each imprint will give 5*40=200% maxed to 100%. So unless you have your maturation speed set to x1, there is unfortunately nothing you can do configuration-wise to fix it as this is something wildcard will have to do behind the scenes"

.... and how does this answer match to the settings above?

btw

same problem for my server

EggHatchSpeedMultiplier=40.0
BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier=15.0

BabyCuddleIntervalMultiplier=3.75 (changed from 0.25 to get the 2H timer)
BabyCuddleGracePeriodMultiplier=1.0
BabyCuddleLoseImprintQualitySpeedMultiplier=0.1
BabyImprintingStatScaleMultiplier=2.0

imprinted a Rex after 2H -> 32.1% maturing (before 33%imprinting) now instant 100%

DILO Wildcard ????

My research led me to another theory that I already discussed with Zen Rowe, I just hope he will check if I am right and maybe fix the issue. The imprint interval was changed to scale with MaturationSpeedMultiplier while the amount of affinity remains the same as before. This makes your intervals shorter (with x5 Maturation speed your interval is 1/5th of the previous) but still give the same amount of affinity:

image.thumb.png.f9da4872459e9f1b1fb3b838d8fbfc1c.png

This is some calculation I made with the calculations from my previous post, it shows that I am correct, all values have been verified ingame.

Affinity old: The old calculation for imprints before the change that is still active
Affinity new: The way the affinity should be calculated after the change like mentioned above

image.thumb.png.ba1d96c5202c77e634b387170f21777e.png

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Gunnsen said:

The amount of afinity was not changed though, this is still:

100/(TotalMaturationTime/((8*60)*CuddleIntervalMultiplier)

I don't believe this is the correct calculation currently used. Based on it with the following settings:

BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier=10
CuddleIntervalMultiplier=1

Each imprint would gives the following for a Rex:

100 / (5550 / ((8 * 60) * 1))) = 8.64864864864865

But that is not the case; you are currently getting 100% on the first imprint with these settings, which means the affinity is actually scaled by the maturation speed.

That's not correct, the TotalMaturationTime is 5550/10 = 555 because of MatureSpeedMultiplier=10
My tests also showed that you need to round down the amount of imptints possible which are calculated with (TotalMaturationTime/((8*60)*CuddleIntervalMultiplier) but keep a minimum of 1. I tested a lot of different settings and this calculation was always correct.

100 / round(550/((8*60)*1)))
= 100 / round(550/480)
= 100 / round(1.14)
= 100 / 1
= 100

Okay for now anything above x20 maturation, or so I've been told, will get 100% in every imprint, due to the imprint affinity being multiplied directly by the maturation. The only thing you can do is change how long the interval is after birth, to get that one 100% imprint. I made my interval 15 minutes. Previously my cuddle imprint interval was set to 0.0305, and my maturation to 150. Now I have set my cuddle imprint interval to 4.8675. This is because

8x60 = 480

480 ÷ 150 (maturation) = 3.2

3.2 x 4.6875 (babycuddleinterval) = 15 (mins)

So if you want to change the timer on the interval, without making your maturation x1 , divide your maturation by 480, and multiply that by a new cuddle imprint multiplier to get the interval timer figure. Hope that makes sense, this is just what I've tested based on info from the initial posts on this thread.

It will still give you way to much affinity. The problem is not that we cannot set good intervals anymore, you just need to multiply your old CuddleIntervalMultiplier with you MaturationSpeedMultiplier to get the same intervals as before the patch. The problem is that the amount of affinity is miscalculated.

I am tired to explain it again and again ? All the information you need to understand the problem is in this thread. I will wait for some official announcement if this will be fixed. My first approach to get a Wildcard Dev to take a look at it resulted in the answer that the change is wanted and there is nothing wrong with it. I hope some devs read this thread and at least try to understand the problem...

Hello
I need help with setting it up to fix it worked right. After the fix it I don't know how to properly set up I'm out of this some confused power please ask for help. :)

MatingIntervalMultiplier=0.05

EggHatchSpeedMultiplier=30.0

BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier=20.0

BabyCuddleIntervalMultiplier=0.130000

BabyCuddleGracePeriodMultiplier=2.0

BabyCuddleLoseImprintQualitySpeedMultiplier=0.000001

BabyImprintingStatScaleMultiplier=1.5

Well this is a joke:

v300.6 - 11/3/19

• Fixed an issue with imprinting and maturation relating to custom rates

This is not acceptable.

First, there is _no_ _way_ I can see behavior resulting from this patch as improvement.

Second, admins are left on their own to figure out how it all actually works.. again.

Shame again WC

I already spoke to Zen Rowe via Discord and told him everything, but I am still unsure if Wildcard declares this a bug. According to Zen the new calculation is only active with MaturationSpeedMultiplier >= 4, something that official servers do not have. So I guess Wildcard just raptored all unofficials without even being aware of it. As often they do not want to realize they did a mistake:

image.thumb.png.a92d63e0931408c83923107f805426ef.png

Zen even says the imprint bonus scales with the MaturationSpeed, something that is just wrong, he did not check it or he is just telling what everyone wants to hear to not have to fix the bug. Not sure how to handle this, at the moment I am not willing to put any more work and / or money into Ark. Unofficials generate a lot of sales for Wildcard without causing any costs (yes, we pay for you @Wildcard) and don not only get zero love by the developers, we get raptored hard for doing this!

This is really a big issue @Wildcard @Cedric because of this we are now having 3 days for a yuta to fully grow.  As pvp servers are pillared and taken over by duping, most people flee to unofficial pvp or pve servers for a chill experience. Please fix the maturation system that you screwed for unofficial ones.  Your biggest audience is there now, not on official. Support the community!

Really? Still no official announcement regarding this? This is taking way to long, we need to fix the breeding rates for unofficial, boosted servers. Our player base is moaning each day and we cannot do anything about it but making imprints way to easy or breeding way to slow. Don't forget your unofficial players, those people that buy all your stuff without generating any costs for you ;-)

2 hours ago, Gunnsen said:

at the moment I am not willing to put any more work and / or money into Ark.

Same. This is cold, even for a company like WC.

Hey, maybe they will go out of business so that my server footprint stops swelling with unwanted base content and we get more players because official is dead haha ?

@TheGhostDivision from a discussion with the players still online at half past midnight GMT+1 on ragnarok, many people prefer easier imprinting and faster maturation.  @Wildcard @Cedric will probably never respond.  They don't care about their playerbase on unofficial it seems.

Better develop a plan B.  Advertising as 10x and then having players constantly say: "Breeding is not as advertised" is not a solution either.

So you tell me we should get rid of a vital part of gameplay in a PvE environment? That is just stupid! What will be next? Dinos will only spawn on officials and we should keep it that way cause some people like that they do not need to tame or breed anymore and save a lot of time?!

We are advertising our server the way it is meant to be. We will not change advertisement and server names each time Wildcard destroys something. This is clearly a bug that CANNOT be intended and they NEED to adress this. Your answer is just stupid and contraproductive. There currently IS NO SOLUTION!

Okay so I've been wondering about this for a few days. Our breeding rates are a little less intense than most others I've seen posted in this thread with 6.5x maturation speed and 0.5 cuddle interval but nonetheless this has hit us hard as well. I took a lot at those screenshots with ZenRowe and just have to say, what? Clearly there is an issue when a creature gets 100% imprint ten minutes into a tame. At first I thought members were exaggerating and that this was only happening with creatures with a short maturation time like the Raptor but to hear its happening for the vast majority is concerning and does cheapen breeding. We want to extend cluster life, not reduce it so requiring some time to imprint is important.

At this point we're better off making some more Reddit posts on this as it seems Reddit is the only way WC notices anything as of late. I've used their bug report form numerous times with tons of evidence of the issue I'm reporting and none of the issues I've reported have ever been fixed (e.g. Aurora Borealis permanently vanishing on Valguero after a week or so). Tagging Cedric on Twitter might work but it's hard to say as they do seem to prioritize official issues over unofficial.

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to What is Wrong with my Imprint Timers?

Archived