What is Wrong with my Imprint Timers?

Gunnsen

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not sure, wanted to do some tests on this. Zen wrote in his message to me that this takes effect at MaturationSpeed 4 or higher, if this is the case they might never fix this bug as officials almost never have rates higher than 4. Also I need to check if this is 4x setting or 4x in the code (2x setting)

Edit: If it is true that these settings only apply to higher rates this is some form of indication that Wildcard was totally aware of the BS they released but still want to harm inofficial servers. I will test it and present the results in here

1 hour ago, Gunnsen said:

I am not sure, wanted to do some tests on this. Zen wrote in his message to me that this takes effect at MaturationSpeed 4 or higher, if this is the case they might never fix this bug as officials almost never have rates higher than 4. Also I need to check if this is 4x setting or 4x in the code (2x setting)

Edit: If it is true that these settings only apply to higher rates this is some form of indication that Wildcard was totally aware of the BS they released but still want to harm inofficial servers. I will test it and present the results in here

I've been busy last few weeks so not really kept up on things, knew there was an issue with imprint timers and figured out easy enough what was happening with my server's settings but I've not been reading the forums so don't know what any devs or Ced have said about it

I've just done a test on one of my servers and was fine at 4x with 1.0 cuddle interval, was expecting 2 hours, upped it to 6x and hatched another egg and got 80 mins until imprint which I was expecting

1 hour ago, PFM said:

My interpretation was that they made the imprint interval automatically optimized for your maturation rate, which would be a welcome change. Of course, changing the imprint interval slider at would raptor this up

If you are talking about the interval before 302.2, yes, but they adjusted it incorrectly. You should read the thread more carefully then. Some servers were were immediately imprinting 100% while other like ours were imprinting every five minutes and finishing at the fraction of time represented by the growth multiplier (e.g. at 12x you were finishing all imprint at 1/12 the time that the baby needed to grow - like just two hours for a 100% giga).  Most server admins don't need any automatic adjustment as we already have our growtmultipliers and cuddleintervals calculated the way we like for our servers. The problem became even more of an issue when it was discovered that this behavior didn't reflect the official version of the game because it only kicked in at 4x and higher, like they knew the idea was broken and just sent a "screw-you" to unofficial with high maturation rates.

39 minutes ago, singalty said:

If you are talking about the interval before 302.2, yes, but they adjusted it incorrectly. You should read the thread more carefully then. Some servers were were immediately imprinting 100% while other like ours were imprinting every five minutes and finishing at the fraction of time represented by the growth multiplier (e.g. at 12x you were finishing all imprint at 1/12 the time that the baby needed to grow - like just two hours for a 100% giga).  Most server admins don't need any automatic adjustment as we already have our growtmultipliers and cuddleintervals calculated the way we like for our servers. The problem became even more of an issue when it was discovered that this behavior didn't reflect the official version of the game because it only kicked in at 4x and higher, like they knew the idea was broken and just sent a "screw-you" to unofficial with high maturation rates.

You should read what i said more carefully if this is your response

On 11/23/2019 at 3:18 AM, singalty said:
On 11/22/2019 at 11:27 PM, PFM said:

Of course, changing the imprint interval slider at would raptor this up

Lol or you could try explaining yourself more clearly?

What you said was simply explaining the results of changing BOTH the maturation rate and imprint interval, in conjunction with this change. I was aware of those, but like I said:

Of course, changing the imprint interval slider at would raptor this up

so people getting 100% imprinting super early in the maturation would happen, because the game's imprint affinity did not adjust based on the maturation rate changing the imprint interval, it would treat it as though it was the same imprint interval when it wasn't. 

WITHOUT changing the imprint interval, is what I was talking about being a welcome change, not this awkward combination that results from trying to adjust the imprint interval and having the imprint interval automatically adjusted based on the maturation rate that you chose. 

On 11/27/2019 at 10:00 AM, PFM said:

WITHOUT changing the imprint interval, is what I was talking about being a welcome change

What you mean is still unclear, without automatically changing the interval or without manually changing the interval?

If you are speaking in favor of only the automatic adjustment, I stand by my previous response. The default math that was offered was simply just wrong.

On 11/27/2019 at 10:00 AM, PFM said:

a welcome change, not this awkward combination that results from trying to adjust the imprint interval and having the imprint interval automatically adjusted based on the maturation rate that you chose. 

Is this a single-player versus server admin discussion? Because. Like I said before. Server admins already have the manual setting they way they want therm for their servers and you wont convince us that someone else's timer is better. Single player is different because its not a shared gaming environment. Nobody cares if you have your "slider" at 100x (if it is possible) since it's only your own PVE anyway. Still, the math should be way better than the rubbish offered with 300.2 in any case (if you read the thread again, you will see even single-player mode was complaining).

I am still struggling to understand your position clearly so I am going with what I think you mean.

I'm still having issues with this, I run a server on PS4 through Survival Servers - The mature rate for me is 10x and previously I had the imprint interval perfect in my opinion as below:

Extra Small Dino = 1 x 100% imprint

Small Dino = 2 x 50% Imprint

Medium Dino = 3 x 33% Imprint

Large Dino = 5 x 20% Imprint

Extra Large / Special Dino = 15 x 7% Imprint

These settings were ideal for the kind of server I wanted to run, where breeding for stats was a challenge and more fun, despite the faster mature speed. I found this thread and thought I had it resolved, but it looks like it has been cut short of an official closure due to the patched version now updated on PC etc.

PS4 is still not resolved however, last update was the turkey trials, which did not include any alterations that fix this problem.

If anyone has a formula for me that will work to bring my server back to its original setting, despite the ongoing problems, then that would be much appreciated. Right now I'm attempting to use an old threads spreadsheet to come up with a new algorithm, using the sweet post and explanation from @Gunnsen when this thread first started (much appreciated input mate, it's helped me to understand the problem and try to work towards fixing it).

Also, not sure if anyone has any info on whether there is a planned fix upcoming for PS4 also, but right now my imprinting has just  gone ridiculous. Pretty much the same issues as everyone else, If I change settings for babycuddleinterval to around 0.2 for example, I get a timer of something like 12 mins and my imprinting is completed in an hour, but the maturation timer is only 10% complete...ridiculous. As @Gunnsen said earlier on in the thread, try to multiply old interval multiplier by the maturation speed, so this would give me x2 multiplier for the changed settings. Attempted this and now the timer is much nicer, being about 1hr 30 mins, but the imprint is 100% instant, exactly the same as the people who first had this problem at the start of November. 

Am I looking at something drastic such as x10 mature and x20 cuddleinterval, or similar, in order to get the maths to work out again, or will this just screw the time for cuddles and end up with 0 imprinting opportunities. I know the answer is out there! @Gunnsen probably has it but I know he's tired of replying xD

Wiki

Hi all, I'm new to Ark and playing single player. I would love to have as easy breeding as possible, to get all dinos to imprint 100% as fast as possible. I don't mind if it pops to 100% on first imprint.

But all the old guides are invalid now. So I would love to try all these settings shared here but I don't understand the numbers. On the Ark the sliders on advanced settings go from 0,001 or somethinh to 6 - so what does maturation 145 mean? Or "Baby Mature Speed 50", "Egg Hatch Speed 30".

And Baby Cuddle Interval 0.0232 ? I can't control the sliders very specifically.

I have trouble understanding the maths behind all this but it feels extra confusing now that something changed.

I would appreciate some help so I can get the settings to nice and easy again now that the update raptored it up...

@WildcardJen @Cedric @ZenRowe I noticed you guys seem to be the go to people when this first hit the fan, the issue is still occurring on ps4 servers and all the latest patches have no mention of a fix being implemented.

Is it possible that this can be bumped over to someone who is in a position to support? 

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to What is Wrong with my Imprint Timers?

Archived