Really Great Patch... yep... Thanks Wildcard...

caleb68

4 minutes ago, nStuffleupagus said:

Stop with the 23GB patches

Some of us travel for work and this is getting ridiculous having to download 23gb at hotels just to patch in an event. Sure this event added some stuff. But 23gb to unpatch it???? And it’s always around 13 to 23gb. Why don’t you guys stop being lazy, there’s definitely a way around this. I should be deleting roughly 23gb to remove the event not download it. My Verizon is unlimited data, but no…no one offers unlimited hotspot data so I am screwed. This hotel, it will take two days to download 23gb. Thanks WC.

It's because they are adding permanent additions to the maps (in form of the new explorer notes) so you have to download the whole map again.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I'm stuck at constant 2mb/s speed and when they have a small 4.61 update it's around 3+ hours!! I definitely just lost all my baby dinos, I just spent weeks gathering res to trade for them in bulk to a neighbor and now I'm out 12 beautiful max level babies. Argies, rexes, deod, ankys,  and much more... Its tragic and ridiculous. Just warn me not to play the game around update time! Because now I'm just going to give up, and I bought this game and all its dlc on 3 platforms lol I dont need anymore dlc I can singleplayer for years making new maps myself I just wanted to support the game. What's the deal do they want us to quit out of frustration? 

2 hours ago, nStuffleupagus said:

patches are usually packets of data that the client can except and fix. Not 23gb files. lol

5 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

Not how it works.

You can add things to a game world without completely rewriting the map.  Skyrim proved this by adding completely new areas and rewriting mechanics with a handful of Mbs.

1 minute ago, Onimusha759 said:

You can add things to a game world without completely rewriting the map.  Skyrim proved this by adding completely new areas and rewriting mechanics with a handful of Mbs.

Skyrim is its own engine, Unreal Engine functions differently,  some things have to be physically placed onto the map in order for them to function properly, which requires rebaking the map, and then being your talking about a 23-24gb patch, im assuming your talking about sony, and their file system is more restrictive for patches then xbox, so a 10-20gb patch isn't too uncommon with maps being changed.  

Take your example for instance - skyrim, when persistent objects are added to the map, or physical landscape is changed, this changes the map data, requiring rebuilding of nav meshes and rebaking of the LOD for that map.  giving you a ton of data to  download, while it is a different engine and the map data is smaller, its still basically the same thing as what has to be done with the maps for ark.  

18 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

Skyrim is its own engine, Unreal Engine functions differently,  some things have to be physically placed onto the map in order for them to function properly, which requires rebaking the map, and then being your talking about a 23-24gb patch, im assuming your talking about sony, and their file system is more restrictive for patches then xbox, so a 10-20gb patch isn't too uncommon with maps being changed.  

Take your example for instance - skyrim, when persistent objects are added to the map, or physical landscape is changed, this changes the map data, requiring rebuilding of nav meshes and rebaking of the LOD for that map.  giving you a ton of data to  download, while it is a different engine and the map data is smaller, its still basically the same thing as what has to be done with the maps for ark.  

Except skyrim is a large world and im certainly not rewriting the entire map to add a building or terrain.  Different engine or not, plopping a couple boxes and creating a ledge shouldnt require rewriting everything.  Write the code for the changes and send that to us, not the entire map.  A proper patch is a string of coding to adjust what already exists, not to recreate everything, which 99.9% isnt adjusted at all.  We shouldnt have to redownload stuff that hasnt change and i know thats possible because ive seen it.

2 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Except skyrim is a large world and im certainly not rewriting the entire map to add a building or terrain.  Different engine or not, plopping a couple boxes and creating a ledge shouldnt require rewriting everything.  Write the code for the changes and send that to us, not the entire map.  A proper patch is a string of coding to adjust what already exists, not to recreate everything, which 99.9% isnt adjusted at all.  We shouldnt have to redownload stuff that hasnt change and i know thats possible because ive seen it.

while it is a large map, any changes that effect persistant items for the game that bethesda does to the map, requires the player to download the full map again.  mods can be edited to only effect a specific portion of the map due to the fact they are basically overriding the data, and some people take the time to clear out the extra map data that doesn't need to be included.   even if Bethesda just makes one little change to the map, your getting the full map downloaded again.

The major difference in size is the engine and how the map data is compiled.  skyrims maps are much smaller in data size due to how the engine stores the compiled data,  just as a example - no mans sky, they change the entire universe and your only getting a 100mb update, different game engines, different file systems.

• Joebl0w13 pinned and unpinned this topic

After looking further, We have found we are missing a grand total of 144 Dino's from the cryo fridges.  So that's the 72 Dino's from the one cryofridge and another additional 72 dino's that I have no idea where they went missing from.  We had 824 dino's in cryo, this included all our main dinos (like the spino that went missing from the one fridge) as well as breeding dino's and kibble dino's we keep locked away when were not using them, we now have 680 in cryo not counting the dino's that we have been raising during the event. so that's 144 dino's that have just vanished into thin air on The island after the patch.

3 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

so if you lost 144 dino's, 8 melee rex eggs,  that would of been worth it for you? 

i'm sorry about your lost but.

for me

yes

plus i lost everything the other day i spent around 5 months on. and i lost my line on Dien's

5 minutes ago, Udam said:

i'm sorry about your lost but.

for me

yes

plus i lost everything the other day i spent around 5 months on. and i lost my line on Dien's

all my carnos, raptors, dire bear, thylas, wolves, terror birds, spino, allos, sabertooths, and velon and another 72 random dino's I spent over a year breeding for stats and colors were wiped out by this patch, not because I attempted to travel, or died, no, because they were tucked away inside cryofridges.  Something that never should of happened.  I Still need to go to the other maps and see what dino's have been wiped from them as well but im betting im not going to be very happy there either after finding what's happened on the island map.

Its stuff like this that ruins the game for people, I can understand losing dino's from taking them out and doing the normal things with them, that happens, but when they are safely tucked away and … they just vanish from existence like you never did a damned thing, that's just unacceptable.

2 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

all my carnos, raptors, dire bear, thylas, wolves, terror birds, spino, allos, sabertooths, and velon and another 72 random dino's I spent over a year breeding for stats and colors were wiped out by this patch, not because I attempted to travel, or died, no, because they were tucked away inside cryofridges.  Something that never should of happened.  I Still need to go to the other maps and see what dino's have been wiped from them as well but im betting im not going to be very happy there either after finding what's happened on the island map.

Its stuff like this that ruins the game for people, I can understand losing dino's from taking them out and doing the normal things with them, that happens, but when they are safely tucked away and … they just vanish from existence like you never did a damned thing, that's just unacceptable.

yes that crap PISSES ME OFF!  that shouldn't even happen! 

14 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

did the pods reported dead? or even the pods are missing?

there is a counter-intuitive feature on pods where if it or its container isn't rendered in 7 days the dinos inside dies and instantly marking the pod as dead

Archived