Really Great Patch... yep... Thanks Wildcard...

caleb68

this is two separate unrelated threads that were merged together - the first talking about patches in general and how their file sizes don't make sense:

Update Sizes make no sense...

So I have two pc's with ark installed, both pc's have all the DLC, including the Genesis Season pass. The first pc has mods installed and ark data going back to 2015,  this one is receiving a patch of 2.1gb. The second pc has a clean install of Ark, only the dlcs, no mods, and ark data going back 3 months.  This one is receiving a patch of 3.0gb.

now... one would think the first one would have more data to download then the second, but only mod data, but for some strange reason, one pc is getting a 2.1gb patch while the other with less data/no mods is getting 3gbs.... it just doesn't make any rational sense.

The Second was about what the latest patch screwed up on my official server for me:

yes that is a sarcastic title.

logged in to find that 8 rex eggs that were on me were gone.

also found this:

78D8328DDA226DDD4C7CA0AEEDF047D06EDC90A9

Please note how many dino's are now in the once full cryofridge.

and... well there goes all the holloween work:

AC310CF9CDCB63179585ED8659851E1205604554

good bye Fear Evolved Emotes....

I'm wondering what else is now gone due to this patch.... Great Job Guys... my day just got better.... (yes still being sarcastic.)

Additional Information gathered:

After looking further, We have found we are missing a grand total of 144 Dino's from the cryo fridges.  So that's the 72 Dino's from the one cryofridge and another additional 72 dino's that I have no idea where they went missing from.  We had 824 dino's in cryo, this included all our main dinos (like the spino that went missing from the one fridge) as well as breeding dino's and kibble dino's we keep locked away when were not using them, we now have 680 in cryo not counting the dino's that we have been raising during the event. so that's 144 dino's that have just vanished into thin air on The island after the patch.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Zadira said:

I am curious what the update was for.  I asked Cedric on Twitter but hopefully they put something here or on the Steam forums.

yeah sometimes the patch notes come a hour later, sometimes when the patch comes out.  Never got that.

they seemed to of got added while I was looking at this post:

Current Version: v300.7 - 11/5/19

• Added HLN-A Explorer Notes 6-10 for Genesis Chronicles
  • Added Corrupted Avatar boots and pants for Genesis Chronicles

1 hour ago, caleb68 said:

Update Sizes make no sense...

So I have two pc's with ark installed, both pc's have all the DLC, including the Genesis Season pass.

The first pc has mods installed and ark data going back to 2015,  this one is receiving a patch of 2.1gb.

The second pc has a clean install of Ark, only the dlcs, no mods, and ark data going back 3 months.  This one is receiving a patch of 3.0gb.

now... one would think the first one would have more data to download then the second, but only mod data, but for some strange reason, one pc is getting a 2.1gb patch while the other with less data/no mods is getting 3gbs.... it just doesn't make any rational sense.

it's possible your loaded machine already has assets related to the update, whereas your clean machine does not, so those missing assets are identified and included in the update. 

1 hour ago, caleb68 said:

Current Version: v300.7 - 11/5/19

• Added HLN-A Explorer Notes 6-10 for Genesis Chronicles
  • Added Corrupted Avatar boots and pants for Genesis Chronicles

And it takes almost 2 GB of data to download... Five explorer notes (basically a small box on a map) and two skins! What the hell is wrong with you, Wildcard?!

This Was a different Topic on the Patch as it delt with stuff the Patch BROKE, this was the Starting post for that Thread:

yes that is a sarcastic title.

logged in to find that 8 rex eggs that were on me were gone.

also found this:

78D8328DDA226DDD4C7CA0AEEDF047D06EDC90A9

Please note how many dino's are now in the once full cryofridge.

and... well there goes all the holloween work:

AC310CF9CDCB63179585ED8659851E1205604554

good bye Fear Evolved Emotes....

I'm wondering what else is now gone due to this patch.... Great Job Guys... my day just got better.... (yes still being sarcastic.)

17 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

I feel like they are literally going out of their way to put out bad patches, there is no way anybody could be this incompetent. 

Granted, this was in EA, but have you heard about the time they forgot a comma, lost a LOT of peoples EVERYTHING and didn't roll back to fix it? (like if you had not been online in 12 hours since the patch dropped your stuff was up for grabs)

1 minute ago, Cowgirl said:

Granted, this was in EA, but have you heard about the time they forgot a comma, lost a LOT of peoples EVERYTHING and didn't roll back to fix it? (like if you had not been online in 12 hours since the patch dropped your stuff was up for grabs)

I remember, it’s just sad that we are here several years later and the same crap is still happening.  This Halloween event was an absolute disaster.  I’m convinced the only difference between early access and finished is the price hike.

32 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

I remember, it’s just sad that we are here several years later and the same crap is still happening.  This Halloween event was an absolute disaster.  I’m convinced the only difference between early access and finished is the price hike.

It's funny cause I was kind of excited for the games official release cause I figured once that happened they would fix it....This is also why I did not buy atlas and plan to avoid games made by them in the future. I LOVE Ark, I have been playing it since July 2015, but I can't deal with the unstableness.

I haven't noticed anything else missing "Yet" (keyword there) but i'm almost afraid to log into the other maps and see what disasters lay wait for me at the bases there :(  today really hasn't been a good day in ark, a major loss, to top it off the eggs in my inventory weren't mine, I was hatching them for a friend who'd been trying to get better stat rexs.   I gave him a nice rex at 900+ melee in compensation for this … this … well … disaster … I don't even get how this could of happened being the patch was just for HLNA Explorer notes.

1 minute ago, caleb68 said:

I haven't noticed anything else missing "Yet" (keyword there) but i'm almost afraid to log into the other maps and see what disasters lay wait for me at the bases there :(  today really hasn't been a good day in ark, a major loss, to top it off the eggs in my inventory weren't mine, I was hatching them for a friend who'd been trying to get better stat rexs.   I gave him a nice rex at 900+ melee in compensation for this … this … well … disaster … I don't even get how this could of happened being the patch was just for HLNA Explorer notes.

Did you post to the bug report subforum?

Stop with the 23GB patches

Some of us travel for work and this is getting ridiculous having to download 23gb at hotels just to patch in an event. Sure this event added some stuff. But 23gb to unpatch it???? And it’s always around 13 to 23gb. Why don’t you guys stop being lazy, there’s definitely a way around this. I should be deleting roughly 23gb to remove the event not download it. My Verizon is unlimited data, but no…no one offers unlimited hotspot data so I am screwed. This hotel, it will take two days to download 23gb. Thanks WC.

Archived