An option to level flyers speed on private servers

Juramaiia

Suggestion

An option to level flyers speed on private servers

I get why the flyers were nerfed to not being able to level their speed when it comes to the official servers. But please, let us that have our own private server to have the option to have it or not. Right now we are bound to a mod to make that happen for us, and that mod is almost always making the spawning messed up. There is option to let flyers have C4 or not, to fly inside caves or build inside caves. Why not whether or not you can level their speed?

3 replies to this server topic

All Flyers Increase Movement speed

I currently play ark on PS4 and I have a request that I’m sure a lot of people miss in the console version of gameplay. 

Which used to be a feature for all flying dinos, I would love to see that all flyers are able to level up their movement speed, for example, the argy. They are pretty slow. And you were previously able to increase their speed but they removed that feature from certain flyers. PLEASE PUT THIS BACK IN THE GAME!! I know on PC there is a mod that allows you to increase the speed on all flyers but for us console players we don’t have that option.

I know its a long shot suggestion this and it most likely won’t be looked at by anyone on the team but it’s worth a shot! 

This has been requested many times. There are a lot of people who want the same thing you are asking for and for those on PC, many mods that include that very change or at the very least, something that will work similarly to it. 

I have seen it requested as an overall game change/addition, as an item that could coded into all unofficial servers if they choose to do so, and as a checkbox that unofficials, single, dedicated, and all other hosted servers could select to add it to their games. The last two options would make it so that official servers could remain as is and those that wish to change it based on their personalized gameplay could do so. 

Personally I am a fan of the later two. If official doesn't want it or WC doesn't feel it fits the game, so be it. However unofficially, I would love to add it to my cluster. 

That said, I did read somewhere at some point that the dev's have stated that making this change is not the plan. Not sure when or where I read it, but it was something that came up. It is unfortunate, but I will still upvote the suggestion just in case that were to ever change. 

Archived