processing completed EQUIPMENT TEST RECORD ‭4D3AE17F

Ê€2Š(¥ËÌY

• zL•ñŠÁ[J

Scar0427 has intercepted a message.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA256

[LOG_TRANSMIT] Requesting status report.
[LOG_RECEIVE] Conflict is on the rise. We've had to get inventive.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] Necessity is the mother of invention, after all.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] 5dcad1f5-feb8-49cf-ad77-ae3d945578b5 is the code to validate your next terminal entry.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2
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=ZpSU
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Mysterious_Transmission8.gif

response_3.txt.gpg

55 minutes ago, GP said:

It's not a trap door, it's the pressure plate for the alarm system. There was no trap door in the reveal.

ah, must of missed that,  I remember watching where they were talking about it and they mentioned having the sensor trigger a trapdoor, sense it was on the same image I just assumed that's what they were referring to :) preasure plates can be good, as long as they don't have climbing picks ;) heh

Honestly the pressure plate idea seems a bit strange seeing as we don't have very many mechanical systems in place. All we have are on/off and open/close for turrets and doors really.

It just seems like it'll have very little practical use. Someone mentioned taming pens and I suppose that it would make sense for people who use that kind of taming pen to trap things (which I don't) but aside from that I just don't see it getting used much outside of flashy decoration stuff.

That is, unless we're getting more things like dart traps and such.

Or maybe I'm just too tired to think of the real uses right now. Has anyone else came up with ways to make this useful?

• Volunteer Moderator

I think main use for it in PvP will be to activate turrets. Although the alarm system will be better for that as it covers a wider radius rather than the pressure plate that has to actually be stepped on.

But yeah turrets, doors, trap doors, lights etc. I'd like the thought of tek forcefield being activated also, and stuff like that.

Step on pressure plate, door opens, out runs 5 raptors! ?

Not sure how many practical uses it could have, but it will be interesting to see what they come up with.

42 minutes ago, GP said:

I think main use for it in PvP will be to activate turrets. Although the alarm system will be better for that as it covers a wider radius rather than the pressure plate that has to actually be stepped on.

But yeah turrets, doors, trap doors, lights etc. I'd like the thought of tek forcefield being activated also, and stuff like that.

Step on pressure plate, door opens, out runs 5 raptors! ?

Not sure how many practical uses it could have, but it will be interesting to see what they come up with.

Yup, I'm just too tired right now

Aggressive dinos behind doors so they don't trigger on any random dodo is certainly a good use I hadn't thought of.

I forgot that non-s+ turrets don't have targetting settings so I see how they could work better now than I did at first, because with targetting settings you wouldn't have to turn them off in the first place.

Meanwhile:
>raptor running up to dodo
>steps on pressure plate
>forcefield activates
>raptor is pushed away onto second pressure plate
>forcefield deactivates
>raptor running up to dodo

Archived