Rarest dino is the Spino?

Nathn023

3 minutes ago, JoeVandal49 said:

Im on a private dedicated XB1 and we haven't had a spino spawn in about a month. We had a wipe two updates ago and since the initial spawns, there have been no more spinos.

Its the only beast on the island that isn't spawning.

Surely it's gotta be a bug.

Is there anywhere where all known yet to be fixed bugs are officially listed? 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Nathn023 said:

Well it's my only option is to restart again for the 3rd or 4th time lol, only this time in an official server.   Can official servers still spawn 120's, does anyone know if any of them have a 1.0 difficulty?

All of the official servers are at 1.0.  Yes they still spawn 120 level critters. We just tamed a 120 Rex not to long ago and a couple other tribes did one as well.  We also did a 120 Croc a while back as well.

1 minute ago, Nathn023 said:

Awesome everyone, thanks so much for all the replies.   Guess official server it is.  Any recommendations for my girlfriend and I? 

I would say it depends on what you're looking for be it PvP or PvE.  I would recommend popping on a server or two and see what's built around and just find something you're comfortable with.  

1 minute ago, Nathn023 said:

Awesome everyone, thanks so much for all the replies.   Guess official server it is.  Any recommendations for my girlfriend and I? 

Depending on what type of gameplay you like is what server type you should choose.

Pvp if you enjoy killing others, being wiped out yourself a lot, having to be more strategic. Also joining a tribe would be a massive help in pvp. Not necessary though, you may like being a rogue.

PvE if you just like playing with others on a server that can't really impact you much. 

Personally I don't like either. 

2 minutes ago, EvilChaosDX said:

Depending on what type of gameplay you like is what server type you should choose.

Pvp if you enjoy killing others, being wiped out yourself a lot, having to be more strategic. Also joining a tribe would be a massive help in pvp. Not necessary though, you may like being a rogue.

PvE if you just like playing with others on a server that can't really impact you much. 

Personally I don't like either. 

Okay.  I'll bite.  There are only two game methods.  PvP and PvE.  How do you not like either?

10 minutes ago, Plannb23 said:

Okay.  I'll bite.  There are only two game methods.  PvP and PvE.  How do you not like either?

Aha,

The person was talking about official, but I have my own server just for me and my close friends where we set our own rules :)

We've got one mate who's literally a rogue who's goal is to take us down/ give us a bit of grief. It's a bit more fun when it's a mate. The rest of us on the server are all tribed up and have built multiple (3) large bases across the map. 

Soon though when the commands come in I will be launching waves of dinos around the map as to be challenges. 

I wondered if anyone would ask ;)

Edit: This is one of the main reasons I actually really enjoy this game as I can customise it to how I and my friends like to play. COD zombies can't even have fun as you can't start with points, can't start with guns, can't change health sure I've done well on it and enjoyed it but sometimes you just want to have fun on your own terms.

13 hours ago, XcrazeddoctorX said:

I havent read through the thread, but if in a single player game, get a bronto/rex and clear out water of coels.... more will spawn

Came here to say this.

Clear out Coel and Megapirahna and you will see Spino spawns.

I have found that if a place has large Coel/Megapirahna spawns, after killing them the chances of Spino spawning there greatly increases (This is for places where Spinos do spawn). This theory is backed up by the fact that I have discovered Spino spawn increase when I decreased Coel and Piranha spawns. I could go down in details if it is needed but this is basically what you can do.

15 hours ago, Plannb23 said:

I'm sitting here in shock reading these posts right now just so you know.  I have NEVER seen a wild Giga.  I've been playing this game for 60 days, logged on every day for at least 15 minutes and never even heard of a wild giga being around.  They must despawn when I log on and respawn when I log off.

Nope. They're along the North coast and snow biome. If you're anywhere South of 50:50 you'll never see one. 

I play on SP and an unofficial, no problems with spino spawns here. I spend a lot of time hunting for them too, as a collector and breeder of spinos. As mentioned, fish blocking spawns is usually the culprit, as are river bases, though the latter is a bit of a non-issue on SP. Is your dino spawn rate on default? My server had an issue for months where quetz weren't spawning no matter what we did--then we adjusted the spawn rate back up to default and bam, quetz started showing up again. We never had any issues with spinos during that time period, but it's certainly something to take into consideration.

I can tell you for certain that coel harvesting, or any beast harvesting for that matter does not have any effect on the Private dedicated server im on.

We have had people hunting for spinos since two updates ago, and nothing. I kill half the island daily with my giga. Nothing.

The only spinos on the island came from the initial spawns, and from breading those spawns.

It's the same on a private dedicated server I play on, gigas and quetzals are more common! There are only two bases near rivers so it's not spawns being blocked. We have noticed extreme amounts of coel spawning so I do think something is messed up with spawning on dedicated servers. The coel also cause a ton of lag and frame drops so it's a nuisance having to constantly kill them all off. Hopefully it's sorted soon, its a problem I've noticed for a good few weeks now.

On 3/31/2016 at 3:25 AM, MrDynamicMan said:

Nope. They're along the North coast and snow biome. If you're anywhere South of 50:50 you'll never see one. 

We FINALLY got our first one last night after the server reset.  Level 12 Female.  We named her Eleanor, for those who've seen Gone in 60 Seconds you'll know why.

It's not broken. I play on Xbox, Player Dedicated Server. I've been to Green Obelisk dozens of times in the last couple months. Went there yesterday afternoon to upload some Trikes to make space in my base and swimming in the water below the Obelisk was a Male level 116 Spino. Tamed it on the spot. 

They're out there. I hadn't seen one in weeks, then saw a 108 3 days ago but it got shredded by Dimorphodons, figured it would be weeks again, Boom, high level Spino. 

Keep looking. Or stop and maybe one will fall in your lap when least expected 

i love all the great info.  It's the people who don't read the original post.  I know everyone is trying to help but man when people tell me to just keep killing fish after I post that I spend 3+ hours a day only killing fish for a month straight.  Yeah that kinda just sucks.  So from all this I have learned I am not alone and something is indeed broken with the spino in single player.  

Archived