Rarest dino is the Spino?

Nathn023

So I play in Xbox and Pc but prefer the Xbox.  I read every forum article on Ark I can find.  My favorite Dino in the game is the Spino.  So that being said here is the problem.  After the first batch of spino's are either tamed or killed they never respawn.  I have restarted the game twice now to try to get a perfect tame 120 for breeding.  This is impossible however.  I kill all the fish. I kill all the Dino's. I go in and out of rendering distance.  I do this in every river for 3 hours a day for almost a month just to test it.  No spino's.  Will the game ever be fixed?   The max level baby Spino I can make is 167.  That's my 112 male and the 48 female, which is the highest I have ever seen.  This sucks. Any other suggestions, which I'm sure there are none, would really really help out.  It would be great if someone from the game could answer. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Nathn023 said:

So I play in Xbox and Pc but prefer the Xbox.  I read every forum article on Ark I can find.  My favorite Dino in the game is the Spino.  So that being said here is the problem.  After the first batch of spino's are either tamed or killed they never respawn.  I have restarted the game twice now to try to get a perfect tame 120 for breeding.  This is impossible however.  I kill all the fish. I kill all the Dino's. I go in and out of rendering distance.  I do this in every river for 3 hours a day for almost a month just to test it.  No spino's.  Will the game ever be fixed?   The max level baby Spino I can make is 167.  That's my 112 male and the 48 female, which is the highest I have ever seen.  This sucks. Any other suggestions, which I'm sure there are none, would really really help out.  It would be great if someone from the game could answer. 

I see them all over the place all the time.  The most scarce Dino is the Giga.  Where are you looking for them at?

3 minutes ago, Plannb23 said:

I see them all over the place all the time.  The most scarce Dino is the Giga.  Where are you looking for them at?

You're lucky.  It's the rarest for my server. Got about 4 gigas walking about but not a single spino. 

And to be honest I don't really want to be spawning one in when the commands come but it's getting to that point now as the spino is one of my all time favourites.

Just now, EvilChaosDX said:

You're lucky.  It's the rarest for my server. Got about 4 gigas walking about but not a single spino. 

And to be honest I don't really want to be spawning one in when the commands come but it's getting to that point now as the spino is one of my all time favourites.

WOW!  Seriously?  I can't find a giga ... EVER.  If I walk out my "yellow gate" towards the river and head towards the Volcano I'll likely kill 5-6 of them on the way.  Do it most every single day.  We killed 4 last night within 2 minutes of the green spire.

Just now, Nathn023 said:

Well the giga is extremely easy to find. Every time I find one, which is every time I look, I either tame it or kill it so another spawns.  I k ow every single Spino spawn and I check them and kill everything there for hours but no luck.  Is it because I'm single player?  

I'm sitting here in shock reading these posts right now just so you know.  I have NEVER seen a wild Giga.  I've been playing this game for 60 days, logged on every day for at least 15 minutes and never even heard of a wild giga being around.  They must despawn when I log on and respawn when I log off.

• Volunteer Moderator

I'm sitting here in shock reading these posts right now just so you know.  I have NEVER seen a wild Giga.  I've been playing this game for 60 days, logged on every day for at least 15 minutes and never even heard of a wild giga being around.  They must despawn when I log on and respawn when I log off.

I kill a bunch every month.  I either drown them or kill them with my giga buster Q.

Only issue I have is finding a nice high level one to tame.  I recently trimmed down my heard to 8, but would like to find an upgrade for the current ones, and trim a bit more.

Yeah it sucks.  When I started there would be anywhere from 2-3 at all the spawns.  Only one in triple digits.  Tamed him.  Tamed the highest female, a 44.  Then I tamed the next 2 that had colors I liked and killed the rest. Now there are 0.  I do the same with the gigas and quetzals, but for those they respawn that day so I can keep getting better and better Dino's.   It sucks because I love the Spino the most and it's literally the only thing I can't have lol. I really don't want to restart again. 

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, Plannb23 said:

We have 4 spino's in our stables.  The last one we tamed was 112.  The lowest one tamed was 44.  I'm amazed you're saying you find more Giga's than Spino's though.

We definitely have more Spinos than Gigas in the wild.  Sometimes we get doubles near the SW of the Volcano.

Just now, Jerryn said:

We definitely have more Spinos than Gigas in the wild.  Sometimes we get doubles near the SW of the Volcano.

Man I need to find a way to come to your server, get that Giga we need and transfer it back.   Our base is in Grayo's Cove and we see them all the time on our server.  Wish we could give you one.  

• Volunteer Moderator

Man I need to find a way to come to your server, get that Giga we need and transfer it back.   Our base is in Grayo's Cove and we see them all the time on our server.  Wish we could give you one.  

I have 6 spinos including 2 120s.  Tribemate got the first one last year. Then, a few months back, I found a 120 playing in the river above the water fall that drops into my giga taming pit; that was an easy tame.

The spawns must just be messed up on private and single player.  That's all I can see it being. I kill so much crap everyday and still no luck.  It actually ruins the game for me, which is terrible since this is by far the best game I have ever played. I hope they can acknowledge this or give some insight.  

Just now, Nathn023 said:

The spawns must just be messed up on private and single player.  That's all I can see it being. I kill so much crap everyday and still no luck.  It actually ruins the game for me, which is terrible since this is by far the best game I have ever played. I hope they can acknowledge this or give some insight.  

That is the only thing I can think if.  My "stomping grounds" is from the area near the green spire to the river area just south of the Volcano.  I walk that usually once in the morning getting meat and goodies and once in the evening getting goodies and I'll see anywhere from 4-6 spinos in that 20 minute walk each time.  They're always running around down there.  In fact, one of the women we play with calls them her puppies.

21 minutes ago, NebraskARK said:

I have 5 gigas I have tamed on my server, and haven't seen ANY spinos since the first week I put it online. We are on a private xbox server I host.

I have soooo much quetz kibble saved for the occasion too..haha

this, i play on his server and we keep planning to get together and clear out the world.  perhaps this weekend?  cause the kibble is stacking up LOL

41 minutes ago, Plannb23 said:

WOW!  Seriously?  I can't find a giga ... EVER.  If I walk out my "yellow gate" towards the river and head towards the Volcano I'll likely kill 5-6 of them on the way.  Do it most every single day.  We killed 4 last night within 2 minutes of the green spire.

What type of server are you playing on? I play on my own dedicated.

Just wondering if the server could be the issue (just like the abundance of dams on dedicated servers)

Just now, EvilChaosDX said:

What type of server are you playing on? I play on my own dedicated.

Just wondering if the server could be the issue (just like the abundance of dams on dedicated servers)

I play exclusively on EU Official 496 (PvE).  We have so many Spino's and Quetzal's that we've started spamming chat telling people who don't have them that are new where to find them.  It's nuts.

Archived