Will Genesis Part 1 help improve The Center?

Scribelord

Will Genesis Part 1 help improve The Center?

With all the water based things coming into genesis do you think it'll help improve the center?

It seems the center is the most hated of the 3 mod maps and I can understand why considering:

1.You can't build a waterproof underwater mobile base on the plesiosaur or mosa platform saddles due to them not allowing vacuum compartments which they SHOULD be allowed to be built on since it wouldn't take much away from the third genesis bullet point since you can build with anything on that.

2.The map has no unique creatures or items to entice players to move more into the water unlike valguero and ragnarok with their own custom creatures and items.

3.The ocean on The Center is DEEP like 3x deeper than the ocean on The Island (and that's not much of a exaggeration) and considering you cant build a water proof underwater base most of the time people cant even get down there and explore which is a shame because I've went down to the bottom and it's very unique and nice but as of right now there not much to help people survive down there.

4.alot of the map is covered in water so its definitely a large part of the map and considering the map has nothing unique to it other than very pretty looks it definitely suffers.

With genesis however were getting:

1.Fishing Nets to help catch fish.

2.There are 2 kinds of Ocean Platforms to build bases on which will help players expand more into the water to build sea bases.

3.There is the new giant turtle which makes a air bubble around it allowing players to make water proof underwater bases finally with any building materials.

4.There is probably more that will pop up involving the water like more items and creatures since not everything is revealed and I doubt were just getting 2 new water creatures (the giant turtle and the Moeder water boss) which would be anticlimactic considering how much they've been talking about the water if we just get 2 new creatures and only 1 is tamable.

Hopefully after Genesis Part 1 releases it'll help improve The Center and make it a better map because its definitely the weakest link of the 3 (personally I think it's the most beautiful of the 3 maps but there's such a lack of content compared to Valguero and Ragnarok that it drags behind them).

I love the Center already, and my Basi loves the Ocean too, Ive spent much time down there with the Plesis and Mosas :)

I do think though that it will be cool with the Turtle, building a base down there which I have already seen people do already on my server.

Most players on my server have Center as their main base, and they bring all their tames there... Reapers, Ravagers, Abb dinos etc... 

I would be suprised if it was the most hated map - where did you come by this stat or what it just your opinion?

2 hours ago, Anarki said:

I would be suprised if it was the most hated map - where did you come by this stat or what it just your opinion?

No, this does seem to be the consensus on most forums.  For me it was the raptor overspawn in the "easy" zones.  Now that was when I first started playing and I would probably have a much easier time, but as the OP said there's very little to draw someone to The Center over other maps.

4 hours ago, Anarki said:

I love the Center already, and my Basi loves the Ocean too, Ive spent much time down there with the Plesis and Mosas :)

I do think though that it will be cool with the Turtle, building a base down there which I have already seen people do already on my server.

Most players on my server have Center as their main base, and they bring all their tames there... Reapers, Ravagers, Abb dinos etc... 

I see quite alot of people including big youtubers not really being fans of the center like syntac for example 

Plus like I said while it's easily the most beautiful map out of the maps we currently have it definitely doesn't have much unique things going for it unlike valguero with its unique creatures and the broodmother mini boss

Or ragnarok with the loads of new creatures, 3 new mini boss fights, unique dungeons, and new items.

Just imagine if the center had some unique creatures or items to spice things up

I've actually made a topic involving creatures that I think would be fantastic on the map that I'll link below 

Imagine how fantastic the map would be with those creatures.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 11/5/2019 at 9:27 AM, Spiral3 said:

No, this does seem to be the consensus on most forums.  For me it was the raptor overspawn in the "easy" zones.  Now that was when I first started playing and I would probably have a much easier time, but as the OP said there's very little to draw someone to The Center over other maps.

There are only two things that draw people to the center, a ton of 150 rexes on lava island & super reliable Giga spawns. It’s by far the easiest map to tame high level Rex & Gigas.

Archived