A way to challenge ark players.

Thesurvivalist2019

Suggestion

Over the last couple of years ive play games because I like Getting achievements. But recently I shy away from ark because the Dlcs contain no new achievements. Like on scorched earth there should be one for beating the manticore or rockwell on Aberration. Or like say: "Beat the alpha king titan with each different titan or all of them in the arena." something like that. Yet nothing. So to all of those at studio wild card please make new achievements.

7 replies to this server topic

the thing with sandbox games, you write your own story. maybe don't use fliers for a week, do bosses with wolves, transverse caves in cloth armor etc. and what's the point of achievements when you can run them on single player or modded servers and they become unlocked even for official. out of those tens of thousands of players, only a handful have not "cheated".

I am not against Achievements with an extra challenge, however:

• Wildcard seemed to have been against implementing achievements requiring paid DLCs. If my memory serves well, Scorched Earth was released before the last released achievement. (Note that it is rumored you need the HLNA notes on The Island for the 100% notes achievement however)
  • People will just use cheats to get the achievements, making them worthless to present. Now of course, you can say you did it legit, but those tasks you can also do now without there being an achievement for it and then too you can say you did it.

I get where some of you are comming from. You could cheat to get them making them worthless and if thats the case then wildcard should put a program in place that disables achievements when someone accesses the command insert like how bethesda disables achiements for modded fallout 4. But if they cant then i guess it was a good suggestion but kind of a mess in practice.

And what i mean by adding a new challenge with achievements is for those players who absolutley do not cheat it will make their victory in game feel more rewarding. If a guy went on hardcore mode, high difficulty dinos, low resourse respawn, ETC and beat the game, hes gonna want some kind of reward for it. Whether it be a announcement to the community or an achievement worth 500 gamerscore(I play XBOX) thats how i feel about video games. I want my struggle to be more rewarding. Now that i think about it, that tag line shoud have said rewarding instead of challenging.

17 hours ago, Thesurvivalist2019 said:

Over the last couple of years ive play games because I like Getting achievements. But recently I shy away from ark because the Dlcs contain no new achievements. Like on scorched earth there should be one for beating the manticore or rockwell on Aberration. Or like say: "Beat the alpha king titan with each different titan or all of them in the arena." something like that. Yet nothing. So to all of those at studio wild card please make new achievements.

I would love this and if we got skins on top of that i would be pleased 

i want my manticore and Abbrent armor set!

Archived