Biome Specific Reskins

dv8ndie

Ah, now I get what this is. Existing creatures will look different on the Genesis map.

So if they link the Genesis to the other ARKs and you can transfer over for instance the saber tooth, will it then just look like the regular saber tooth, or the Genesis version?

I'm on the fence on getting this DLC, I'm waiting to see exactly what it will be.

18 hours ago, wildbill said:

Ah, now I get what this is. Existing creatures will look different on the Genesis map.

So if they link the Genesis to the other ARKs and you can transfer over for instance the saber tooth, will it then just look like the regular saber tooth, or the Genesis version?

I'm on the fence on getting this DLC, I'm waiting to see exactly what it will be.

I dont see why it wouldnt. If you tame an aberrant dino and transfer it to the island it will still be aberrant so it should follow that same train of logic.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/4/2019 at 12:33 PM, Udam said:

yes i think they look cool too but two things!

1: the saber tooth looks completely different! 

2: I wish the other DLC's had this like SE would have Scorched (blank) and extinction would have elemented (blank) 

The mosa also looks different and the tapejara (my fav animal in the game) kinda looks like a butterfly

• 1 month later...
On 11/4/2019 at 6:49 PM, wildbill said:

I have a good answer for this!

Currently if you tame a creature with a unique re-skin such as the Chalk Golems on Valguero, they actually can become bugged when you attempt to transfer them! I personally have a pretty large collection of polar bears, chalk golems, and ice golems that are all stuck in cryopods with a raptor/yuty icon. This has something to do with those re-skins not being in the base game files or something complicated like that which someone explained to me.

Will this also be the case in Genesis?!

Lets hope not! And lets hope the old issues are fixed as well! Just in case, you should do test transfers with replaceable creatures before attempting to transfer anything you care a lot about! If that new saber you tamed does transfer and become a regular saber, more than likely it would be like that permanently!

Archived