Meks have broken ark more than I thought possible

Heavyxsmasher

Meks need to be taken out. They are overpowered and have flooded everywhere. Guy on my server just bought like 70 for like 5 bucks. Yes 70 meks 5 dollars. Got Mek ran in underwater base by 5 meks couldn't defend against it. 180,000 health squid with 120+ saddle was killed before I could take 1 out. There's ppl who go around just destroying low pop / developed servers keeping them from building up. One of my old servers ppl went around every night with a giga and Mek with Tek helmets destroying everything on server. It's to the point new players get destroyed before they can really grasp an understanding or an enjoyable experience. From what I see they get to wood base maybe a ptera  then wiped Everytime. If you don't know someone in a big tribe you can't get anywhere. Ark has become too pvp do be able to play and enjoy yourself . And wildcard keeps producing stuff that further breeds PvP

1 hour ago, Heavyxsmasher said:

Ark has become too pvp do be able to play and enjoy yourself . And wildcard keeps producing stuff that further breeds PvP

Then go to a PvE server. 

How are you going to complain about PvP on a PvP server? That's nonsense. 

No one who truly wants to engage in a PvP server should be taming anything if they are only at wood tier. 

They also need to get off the beach.

This isn't 2015 or 2016 where there's a free for all and anybody can ward off attackers with 30 turrets and a few stone behemoth's. 

If you are small, you have to play small and hidden.

Stop asking to inhibit the progress of people who have invested years to benefit those who just want to start now despite the title being available for years.

The people who have stuck through all the garbage for years are more likely to supply this game additional income with future dlc's than a noob who may quit in 3 months.

If you have proof of a RMT, definitely submit it so WC can possibly eliminate that sad sack. 

1 hour ago, Heavyxsmasher said:

Meks need to be taken out. They are overpowered and have flooded everywhere. Guy on my server just bought like 70 for like 5 bucks. Yes 70 meks 5 dollars. Got Mek ran in underwater base by 5 meks couldn't defend against it. 180,000 health squid with 120+ saddle was killed before I could take 1 out. There's ppl who go around just destroying low pop / developed servers keeping them from building up. One of my old servers ppl went around every night with a giga and Mek with Tek helmets destroying everything on server. It's to the point new players get destroyed before they can really grasp an understanding or an enjoyable experience. From what I see they get to wood base maybe a ptera  then wiped Everytime. If you don't know someone in a big tribe you can't get anywhere. Ark has become too pvp do be able to play and enjoy yourself . And wildcard keeps producing stuff that further breeds PvP

They can take out a specific type of dino every time you get wiped, and someday you'll get wiped by a lystro army. 

We want your stuff, and we're going to figure out how to get it one way or the other.

On 11/4/2019 at 9:00 AM, yekrucifixion187 said:

Then go to a PvE server. 

How are you going to complain about PvP on a PvP server? That's nonsense. 

No one who truly wants to engage in a PvP server should be taming anything if they are only at wood tier. 

They also need to get off the beach.

This isn't 2015 or 2016 where there's a free for all and anybody can ward off attackers with 30 turrets and a few stone behemoth's. 

If you are small, you have to play small and hidden.

Stop asking to inhibit the progress of people who have invested years to benefit those who just want to start now despite the title being available for years.

The people who have stuck through all the garbage for years are more likely to supply this game additional income with future dlc's than a noob who may quit in 3 months.

If you have proof of a RMT, definitely submit it so WC can possibly eliminate that sad sack. 

Not as beach bum full Tek water base 5 meks wiped it in about 10 min. I've been playing since early legacy days. The game has gotten too hostile . It's just full of toxic lazy ppl most have never grinded a day in their life . Just hop in a Mek and go steal other ppls hard work .there's no effective way to defend from meks unless you are a mega tribe base with acres and acres of defences and turrets . When you got to 5 different servers and get wiped in the most hidden places by meks in a week. Like dude bought on FB 60 meks for 5 bucks. They are every where . Unless you can afford a large defensive yard they just rush you turrets swing swing , turrets gone. Pop anther cryopoded Mek and smash their way into the base. At least meks shouldn't be able to cryo and they need to be slowed by water. I took a year vacation from ark came back about 6 weeks ago got wiped in Tek bases 2 times in a month. And my current Tek base is constantly on defence from trolls in meks. We seen 10+ just this week. Thier over powered and flooding the servers. Trolls patrol nonstop low pop servers wiping everything built Tek helmet and a Mek on low pop servers thier unstoppable.

• 3 months later...
55 minutes ago, Yikeo2 said:

Exactly everyone on official builds in caves now meks have ruined the game since everyone has about 5 vaults full  of them because of duping before it was fixed*

It was fixed??? XD was never fixed XD even if id's were placed still would need the server to recognize  it was duplicated before it would go poof...

@Heavyxsmasherthe MEK's wouldn't probably be that big of an issue if it wasn't for duping, sadly. The chance to find a really good MEK is pretty low but if you can just dupe it into the hundreds or thousands....

Nearly everything Extinction introduced has broken the game, let's see what new amazing things await us with Genesis, I can't wait.

1 hour ago, deedoubleu said:

Invested years into acquiring meks which came with DLC released less than 2 years ago? 0_o

Did I say that or did you quote a small section to fit your narrative and ignore the rest of the content?

This thread is old. I said what I said with clarity. Nothing further to be gained from this convo 4 months after the fact by someone who only picks a small sentence and ignores the full context.

Archived