Please help. Our Official server is desperate. 15 hours of event missed out on!

TeRyn

Please help. Our Official server is desperate. 15 hours of event missed out on!

NA-OfflineRaidProtection-ScorchedEarth-CrossArk6

Out of our entire cluster our server was the only server that crashed multiple times. The longest time offline was 7 hours. With about 4 other crashes that each lasted about 2 hours. With the rollbacks that happened each time it came back up, we only got about 8 to 9 hours of uptime this entire event. Those hours were in the early hours of the event so we didnt get to benefit from anything more than about x4.

Look i get there were tons of servers that crashed for the event. But what really bothers me is i personally have been submitting tickets and server outage reports for this specific server for 1.5+ years now about how bad the lag and rubber banding is. Lately in the past 6+ months it has been unbearable. Server crashes happening daily, multiple times a day sometimes. Normal rubberbanding and lag spikes of 10-15 seconds every 1 to 3 minutes all day long.

In our cluster ours is the only one with this massive of a problem. During the stream our server/map was the only one that was down. Our server is the only one in the cluster that crashes.

I spammed the extra life stream and even donated twice to get the devs attention, ive spammed twitter, ive spammed reddit dm's because at this point i dont know what to do. Ive gone through all the proper channels and nothing is getting done in the past year and a half.

Everyone on this server has posted multiple tickets and submissions over the past few months.

This server needs fixing. BAD. Whatever is causing this lag and daily crashes need to be fixed.

If you have access to communication to one of the devs please pass this thread on to them so they can take a peek at our server and see if there is a problem with the server or if someone/some tribe is duping.

We are all pretty desperate at this point on our server. Im trying to remain semi calm in this post but im pretty pissed.

I dont think im anymore special than the next Ark player but this is the one event of the year i can really do breeding of powerful dino's. I work fulltime, have a wife, a almost 3 year old boy with austim and a 8 month old daughter. Even with the introduction of cryopods its difficult for me to spend alot of time in game to breed anything but smaller dino's like velo's and wyverns(easiest thing to raise).

I was saving up alot of eggs over the past year to do this event. Sadly all i got from a 24 hour event was 8 velo's to 55.4% with 100% breeding.

I had 10 giga's, 20 rex's, 15 theri's and 8 wyverns ready for this event on top of the 8 velo's. I didnt even get to tame anything because of all the rollbacks. Everytime i knocked something out and tamed it servers crashed and rollback to not even knocked out.

Everyone on our server even our alpha was not able to progress anywhere because of the worst performance ive ever seen from a server since i started playing 2 weeks into EA.

Healzspace NA-OfflineRaidProtection-ScorchedEarth-CrossArk6

I just made and account on this site now, as im pretty uppset about all these crashes. Se been crashing atlest 1 times a day. And it also run way bader/lagger/weird lag compare to the rest servers. Evene when it sometimes are 3 ppl online.. How can it crash then? So its very uppseting and annoyed, to get 20 min rollback, have to do everything, and u forget u did an imprint or something.

Then event 8x finally come, and our big tribe splited out on diff bases on diff servers, so we had enuf room for the breeding. I ofc played our base on se, as i love se map more then anything in this game. So i always main that map anyway, so it made sense i was there. And then it all started, we were hyped. I trowed out loads of dinos, rest in base aswell.

Then it starting, not more then 1 hour into the event and it crash... Everyone is like? Okey this is se, it crash atlest 1 time a day on nrmal days with 3 ppl. Now its 17... ofc it gonna crash, i mean why not? center had 40 ppl... and it crashed one time whole event.>;> And this keept happening. A crash here and a crash there, total of 20+ crashed happend on se on ca6 orp offlne(like tec said overneath) true the whole event...

Yes ofc this dam annoying.. having to loot same fridge 10 times to put the berries into feeder, or do the dam same hatching or imrpint over and over.. But were not done just yet!!

Then when we get close to the last 10 hour of the event(not including extra time, original end time) Se goes down again! NP it will come bk soon! But it did not=( It was down for 6 hours! I sat there looking at screen spamm refresh in hope of see it coming bk... and i just imagen.. if u go to bed now healz, it will come bk and everything out will die as soon server run/thing eat again....

So i sat there all this time, while hoping other from tribe/Se could get someones atention. And one dude said "we have our tec ppl looking at it". 6 hour and it came bk... we all was so happy hearing extra time was added on the event as ppl donated gd(well done all=)! So i was like... im happy atlest it came bk.... and then 1 hour later it crashed again and did a hardcrash where it did not come bk... i sat 1 hour waiting and gave up. Just logged off and /w tribe memebr to pod my dinos if it was anything to pod(not dead).

So this 1 hr imprint catch up was very handy, if our server just stayed online and not dead fro 6 hours=( And again, all other servers on cluister was fine?? Only few crashes overall and came bk stright bk up again. So now im done and made an account, as i know tec up there is one of the person who played se longer then me, and he allrdy said how much problems it with this server, and no attention given. So pls can someone look into this? My 8x experince was not fun=(

So now im writing this message, as i want this fix. As clearly se must run on a diff server then the rest of cluster, and it must be someone duping on the map aswell, as it always crash the same time at eu night time... but again that does not explain why it was down for 6h +1h. and all these 20 otehr crahses/rool backs, so as said overneath. maybe 10h+ actually event gameplay for us.

Sorry for this long message, but it was needed. So here i go/account made/message deliverd/posted here. And for ppl who ask, why dont u sent ticket. I know tec done this for 1,5 years. He done all kind of "contact" with wc. So not sure little me with ticket help. Hopefully posting here/give this post atention is the right way to go=) I pray and i belive in u wc! As rest servers do fine/ 20+ more players. So this should be doable for you to fix=) Event is lost sadly. but atlest future gameplay can be more smoother=)

Grats on beating the goal on stream=)!

-Healzspace  NA-OfflineRaidProtection-ScorchedEarth-CrossArk6

7 hours ago, TeRyn said:

What does this mean?

Don't like official rates (the people begging for weekend boosted rates) and how official servers are managed (or lack of management) then don't play there. There are other choices.

Or play there and accept that without a cash shop or subscription the official servers are basically free to play after initial purchase. So the GM moderation and server management is related to price, which is free to you every month.

2 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

Don't like official rates (the people begging for weekend boosted rates) and how official servers are managed (or lack of management) then don't play there. There are other choices.

Or play there and accept that without a cash shop or subscription the official servers are basically free to play after initial purchase. So the GM moderation and server management is related to price, which is free to you every month.

No one here is complaining about the rates. We where simply stating that we wish for our server to be stabilized. The 8x event is only once a year which is why it does mean a lot to us. I understand that the servers are open to the public. Ark costs $60 plus and additional $20 for an expansion. With that amount of money put into a game I would kinda hope for a stable server. Plus, many of us have put months of effort into this particular server and cannot just leave. 

15 minutes ago, Nylasor said:

Ark costs $60 plus and additional $20 for an expansion. With that amount of money put into a game I would kinda hope for a stable server. Plus, many of us have put months of effort into this particular server and cannot just leave. 

You pay for the game not the official servers. It's all about choice. This event always causes problems for servers. Before cryopods, the servers were typically tame capped, so the complaints were that people couldn't actually tame or breed.

1 minute ago, Lycan187u said:

Quick question does ur alpha have a massive base full tek genny\massive spam?these could be a reason the server crashes as well  when the base renders insta crash?? Lol 

Nah, ive seen bigger. I mean its big but no where near the biggest ive seen. Ive seen on a legacy SE server the entire middle desert and middle ravine completely built(pre cryopods obviously being legacy before official release) and the server was still stable. I mean it might of turned your computer into a drooling blubbering idiot when it got into render range it was so big but the server didnt crash like this one does.

The funny thing is the server is down currently. I logged in to do a quick meat run and do giga imprints. Logged in, did giga imprints(even though event/server crashes screwed my imprinting) and jumped on my dino, walked out my gates and boom. Server crashed. that was about 1hr5 minutes ago now and its still down. There was 1 other person online.

21 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

You pay for the game not the official servers. It's all about choice. This event always causes problems for servers. Before cryopods, the servers were typically tame capped, so the complaints were that people couldn't actually tame or breed.

Not so much on a pvp cluster.

I really hate that cop-out reasoning. If you arent going to help then stop wasting everyones time in this thread.

1 minute ago, TeRyn said:

I really hate that cop-out reasoning. If you arent going to help then stop wasting everyones time in this thread

What exactly are you hoping for? Nothing is going to change about how official servers are handled unless there is a different monetary scheme. Do you want a cash shop like Ark mobile (run by a different company)? Do you want a monthly subscription to support increasing server management staff?

You're wasting your own time posting here complaining. Twitter might actually get seen by the devs. There is an outage report form to use, that's about it for getting help with server issues.

11 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

What exactly are you hoping for? Nothing is going to change about how official servers are handled unless there is a different monetary scheme. Do you want a cash shop like Ark mobile (run by a different company)? Do you want a monthly subscription to support increasing server management staff?

You're wasting your own time posting here complaining. Twitter might actually get seen by the devs. There is an outage report form to use, that's about it for getting help with server issues.

Well like i said, Im/we are desperate. So no more a waste of time than submitting 1.5+ years worth of outage report tickets.

Archived