11 Crashes since 11am 11/2/19 till now.

Rio4201

11 Crashes since 11am 11/2/19 till now.

Pointing this out because it needs to be:

11 crashes, 7/11 rollbacks, numerous issues with glitched spawns and weird AI behavior..  This can all be very simply attributed to the servers needing to be brought up to speed with the current tech and demands of a heavily populated map.  Can't keep piling sandbags on top of a matchstick foundation and expect these servers not to come crashing down Wildcard. :/   I appreciate the work you've done, the stuff coming, and the Extra Life stuff, but we gotta get these gameservers up to par.

Edit: Crash #12 11/3/19 @ 3:08pm

I'm trying to be somewhat positive, i'm sure they already know there's issues with their servers but this does illustrate a need for it to be addressed and at this point what else can anyone do but point it out and hope that someday they acknowledge and address it.  I don't particularly want to recall this and be that guy who didn't say anything when I should of lol.

2 minutes ago, SMP said:

I fondly remember the first 2-3 times I quit this game.

I don't play PVP and lose poop all the time.  I played PVE.  I'm not rebuilding all that again.  I gave everything away except my ab base.  As soon as someone gets online I'm passing him the torch. If he don't want it I'll find someone else and then i'm done.  I didn't buy Genesis because these devs are poop.  I know nobody cares that I quit and the devs don't care that I quit, so it's not a big deal.  I'll never play ark again.

You too?

It wouldn't be as bad if it wasn't for 5h downtime in the middle of the day on 395. That was harsh. Lets hope top donators are playing SE or ab, otherwise it has to be quite discouraging experience for them.

You can't make people use their brain and avoid rafts/platforms if it's not necessary, build smaller and pod dinos they don't use or even breed.

But maybe server save could be reworked to erase entries older than highest_decay_timer? Would probably require some defragmentation of that file, but I would rather have a 1h planned maintenance downtime on a regular basis than random crashes with huge downtime and constant rollbacks after.

2 minutes ago, Garet said:

I don't play PVP and lose poop all the time.  I played PVE.  I'm not rebuilding all that again.  I gave everything away except my ab base.  As soon as someone gets online I'm passing him the torch. If he don't want it I'll find someone else and then i'm done.  I didn't buy Genesis because these devs are poop.  I know nobody cares that I quit and the devs don't care that I quit, so it's not a big deal.  I'll never play ark again.

I fondly remember my rants from the first 2-3 times I quit lol

Ark is rough, I get it.  Between the dinos, the other players, the devs, and the people designing all the other hardware/software we use, the odds are stacked against us.  But when you go play something else and can't do all the stuff you could do in Ark, you start to miss it like that old girlfriend who drove you crazy.

Don't bother uninstalling, it'll just slow you down when you decide to come back.

12 minutes ago, SMP said:

I fondly remember my rants from the first 2-3 times I quit lol

Ark is rough, I get it.  Between the dinos, the other players, the devs, and the people designing all the other hardware/software we use, the odds are stacked against us.  But when you go play something else and can't do all the stuff you could do in Ark, you start to miss it like that old girlfriend who drove you crazy.

Don't bother uninstalling, it'll just slow you down when you decide to come back.

The people in ark are the most toxic people I've ever met in my life.  They act friendly to your face while quietly lagging the server down with 200 tames apiece, building 5 bases apiece, etc.  The devs are poop.  They send down broken update after broken update.  It's to the point where you can't use certain dinos on certain maps because you'll just disconnect during the server save... name one other game that pauses for 15-90 seconds every time the server saves?

The people on the forums complain about the bugs, but then blame players when poop happens.  Dino stopped eating from the trough.  Known bug.  but they say "you shgould have been watching it"  "You shouldnt' have had so many out"

HOD gaming got banned and the youtube community got him reinstated in like what?  A week?  Bad things happen in the ark community and their response is "go play unofficial"

I had 2600 hours in this game.  I know that isn't a lot to some, but it was only since Nov... that's an average of over 7 hours a day.  7 hours a day invested in a game that has become nothing more than a chore at this point.   8x event and I couldn't tame anything because the breeders tame capped the servers a half hour before the event started.

I'm proud of the fact that I ascended twice, got to level 127, on my own, solo without every buying a dinosaur or breeding on official.

But nothing will ever work properly.  The people will never stop being the way they are, looking at me like i'm the problem because I don't want to sit there and shove meat in a virtual baby all day.   Official rates are horrible and unofficial is like giving yourself 4 points for a shot in basketball.

I will never play this game again.

Inevitably someone will ask why I bothered to respond to this thread.  Because I'm human and because Rio actually plays on a lot of the same servers I do, and I was curious about the responses.

13 minutes ago, Garet said:

The people in ark are the most toxic people I've ever met in my life.  They act friendly to your face while quietly lagging the server down with 200 tames apiece, building 5 bases apiece, etc.  The devs are poop.  They send down broken update after broken update.  It's to the point where you can't use certain dinos on certain maps because you'll just disconnect during the server save... name one other game that pauses for 15-90 seconds every time the server saves?

The people on the forums complain about the bugs, but then blame players when poop happens.  Dino stopped eating from the trough.  Known bug.  but they say "you shgould have been watching it"  "You shouldnt' have had so many out"

HOD gaming got banned and the youtube community got him reinstated in like what?  A week?  Bad things happen in the ark community and their response is "go play unofficial"

I had 2600 hours in this game.  I know that isn't a lot to some, but it was only since Nov... that's an average of over 7 hours a day.  7 hours a day invested in a game that has become nothing more than a chore at this point.   8x event and I couldn't tame anything because the breeders tame capped the servers a half hour before the event started.

I'm proud of the fact that I ascended twice, got to level 127, on my own, solo without every buying a dinosaur or breeding on official.

But nothing will ever work properly.  The people will never stop being the way they are, looking at me like i'm the problem because I don't want to sit there and shove meat in a virtual baby all day.   Official rates are horrible and unofficial is like giving yourself 4 points for a shot in basketball.

I will never play this game again.

Inevitably someone will ask why I bothered to respond to this thread.  Because I'm human and because Rio actually plays on a lot of the same servers I do, and I was curious about the responses.

You know the answer, you just haven't embraced it yet.  Go unofficial when you come back.  I wouldn't even know about 75% of the problems with Ark if I didn't read Official players posts complaining about them.

6 minutes ago, SMP said:

You know the answer, you just haven't embraced it yet.  Go unofficial when you come back.  I wouldn't even know about 75% of the problems with Ark if I didn't read Official players posts complaining about them.

I would have a very hard time enjoying unofficial because it's more or less cheating, they just drew a line somewhere.

9 minutes ago, Garet said:

I would have a very hard time enjoying unofficial because it's more or less cheating, they just drew a line somewhere.

Fair enough.  Be honest though, would the moving of that line really be more of a negative experience than what you're dealing with?  You want to have fun, right? 

My admins aren't trying to meet a budget or run out the clock to go home to their family. They want to provide a fun experience and are more than willing to sacrifice their own time and money to do so (mine takes donations but no way does that cover all of the servers in the cluster).  The worst problem with them I've had in the last 5-6 months was a 4 hour delay in getting a mod upgraded one time, and that was just because they weren't playing and didn't know.  Once I sent them a Steam message, it was fixed in 10 minutes. 

Granted we still deal with the goofy mechanics like the troughs, but it's just a virtual raptor you swat away and forget about.  Definitely take a break if needed, but for the hours you have in, I suspect you might be willing to give it another shot at some point.

Archived