When do you Dotame? (Singleplayer)

IvyOfARK

When do you Dotame? (Singleplayer)

Single Player people, what are the occasions that you've used Dotame or Forcetame? 

I have mixed feelings about it for myself, because I want to play the game fairly, but because I'm on single player, using console commands doesn't give me an unfair advantage over others- and! It's a game, it's for me to have fun, so I try to relax about it. 

With the color events, I've been using Dotame a lot, but I'm also sure to "repay" with the resources I would have used up when taming. (Throw away however many arrows and narcs I would have used, along with the taming food I would have used)

For example, I saw an AMAZING event colored Griffin just the other day. Black and orange wings with a purple body... yeah, nope, it had to be mine and I wasn't going to let it kill itself by picking a fight with a trike or something, so I did dotame. 

Same thing happened with a quetz earlier today. Awsome bright orange quetz... on a map where I had none of my quetz taming supplies and 0 desire to see it fly itself into the Wyvern trench or something. I did dotame, but even though she's a ridiculous level (225 or something) I might not use her. Might breed her, but it still feels unfair to use those high level babies 

Has anyone else made these kinds of "exceptions" before? What was it for? 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Cool to read some opinions on this topic. I used to only play on servers but with less time now and a change of the console (now on ps4 pro) the servers are Fuller than full. So I play SP. 

What I do is that I spawn in a starting dino for me so I dont have the super hard start. I took a raptor. Then I Build my base and stuff, fairly. All other Dinosaurs i tame normally. 

Only other command I did was bringing back my Wyvern. I once flew over the icy mountains After all of a sudden i Managed to crashland off my wyverns back. For some reason I couldnt every find him again. Sure on a server I would Start to get a Depression and maybe wont be healed in under a month. But...on my SP i just Made a new one.

I guess we all know Ark and its harder parts. Enjoying the efforts on a SP world is totally ok After all the pain we were going through in Ark LOL :D

• 4 weeks later...

I don't ever dotame, as I like the process of taming, but I do forcetame normally untameable creatures all the time. Some like the Reaper Queen, Leedsichthys, and Rubble Golem would make for awesome mounts if made tameable. I usually find and kill ten 150's of said creature before I do because I feel it slightly legitimizes the tame, unless that creature can't spawn at 150, then it's some other weird task. 

Archived