ARK DEVS ARE NOT LGBTQ+ FRIENDLY

officialMidget

Upon posting questions regarding the LGBTQ+ community on the Twitch Event Stream, Moderators have suppressed and attempted to silence our community for too long! The Ark devs failed to recognize our community and have shown time and time again that they are oppressing members of our community. WIldCard needs to comment on this, we need to expose them for who they really are. Banning any mention of the world LGBTQ+ community from the stream is oppressing to say the least, they spend more time pushing products from sponsors and failing to acknowledge their community.

34 minutes ago, officialMidget said:

The Ark devs failed to recognize our community and have shown time and time again that they are oppressing members of our community.

Maybe they see the Ark community as 1 community regardless of race, religion, gender, sexuality, age or disabilities. Surely treating everyone as equals is a good thing?

Out of interest though, how are they oppressing people?

Hey! Gay person here. 

I haven't personally seen any sign of wildcard or the ARK Devs oppressing lgbt+ community members. All the same, I haven't been around for the streams either. 

First, do you have proof of the moderators' actions? Without that, this whole post is kind of an empty claim. If the questions were deleted, what were the nature of the questions? Were they appropriate questions, or did they have little to do with the stream? Were they provoking in a way that would seem assertive and rude? There are a lot of reasons the mods could have removed your questions on stream. It may be better to think critically about the situation instead of crying wolf and posting to a forum. If you have concerns, there are ways to contact wildcard. 

Do you have other examples of this type of behavior as you said in your post, with proof? In what other ways has wildcard been oppressing the lgbt+ community? 

I'm not saying any of this to be mean, or homophobic. As someone who identifies as gay, false claims of homophobia and other instances are something that sully the image of the lgbt+ community. Before ever making the claim that someone or some company is bigoted, there needs to be honest thought and examination of that person/group's actions. They could be unintentional, or misinterpreted. And if they are, I personally believe that rallying and cancel culture are just not the answer. 

With the ARK Devs specifically... really, I've seen quite the opposite of opression. If you read the explorer notes... it's the only story in a large game I've ever seen where two major characters are LGBT and survive to the end with a healthy relationship. Props to that. 

So me,  we are all ark players.  And I don’t see how protests or demonstrations for ones other affiliations effect ark or should hijack their content stream to promote something non-ark related.   Now of course if WC was noted for their anti-LGBTQ+ stances, attempting to hijack their conversation might make some sense.

I fail to see how anyone talking about sexuality or identity  is ark related unless it’s rrgarding bias in the player base that’s toxic to the point of it needs to be addressed.  I haven’t seen anything like that on servers I’m on.

9 hours ago, officialMidget said:

Upon posting questions regarding the LGBTQ+ community on the Twitch Event Stream, Moderators have suppressed and attempted to silence our community for too long! The Ark devs failed to recognize our community and have shown time and time again that they are oppressing members of our community. WIldCard needs to comment on this, we need to expose them for who they really are. Banning any mention of the world LGBTQ+ community from the stream is oppressing to say the least, they spend more time pushing products from sponsors and failing to acknowledge their community.

Why do I care to read this on a game forum? 

4 hours ago, Baklap said:

DILO has a survival game got to do with lgbt community?

Pls go and troll people somewhere else with your nonsense.

I think I understand where OP is coming from, in a general sense. As I said before, in the explorer notes (essentially the story line of ark) the only survivors left in the end are a lesbian couple with a stable and healthy relationship. It's a big curve ball compared to many other games I've seen, where the only Gays(tm) are side characters or just there for token woke points, and nothing is done in regards to their sexuality. 

Being a diamond in the rough, I understand why some people would want to hear directly from WC and the ARK Devs about LGBT+ subjects. While OP seems to be a little irrational, just know that it isn't made up entirely of trolling nonsense. 

Archived