What's your favorite Expansion Pack?

Scribelord

Favorite Expansion Pack   

6 members have voted

1. 1. What was your favorite Expansion Pack?

• Scorched Earth
    • Aberration
    • Extinction

What's your favorite Expansion Pack?

Since genesis part 1 is coming out early next year I'm curious to see what everyone's favorite Expansion Pack was and why and if your excited about genesis 

Personally for me my favorite is Extinction because I grew up on Godzilla movies so there was no better way to end Ark than with a Kaiju Expansion Pack and the fact you can tame the titans and make Meks only made me want it more

Unfortunately because of Atlas it's not all it could have been but we got Genesis out of it so it makes up for it

As for Genesis part 1 I think it's probably going to be my second favorite Expansion Pack only behind Extinction (unless part 2 is somehow even more impressive looking)

If I had to put them in order (disincluding genesis part 2) it would be:

1.Extinction (giant epic kaijus, massive map, zombie like creatures in the form of corrupted, meks, cool robots, decent creatures and probably mixed in with personal bias).

2.Genesis part 1 (water focused gameplay, beautiful and massive looking environments, some of the best creatures I've seen in any expansion pack, and etc).

3.Aberration (it's very cool but just not as cool as Genesis Part 1 and Extinction in my opinion).

4.Scorched Earth (ruined by ragnarok and is in major need of a remake giving it new items, creatures, mini bosses, and locations plus that ending everyone is wanting but until it gets that it's the worst Expansion Pack because wildcard don't care about it).

I've made a Scorched Earth Remake suggestion page if anyone is interested in how they could do it btw and I'll link it below

• 2 weeks later...

Aberration was my favourite I think, but mostly because I was really disappointed by the map in extinction. The titan fights were amazing, as were the supply drops and element veins, but there was just parts of the map that were empty and pointless to explore (ie the sunken forest.)

If I had to put them in order, 

-Abberation
-Extinction
-Scorched 

I'm enjoying Valguero at the moment with the map extension mod (all my favourite dinos on one map). But the free maps don't have the story progression that I love: I'm really looking forward to genesis and continuing the journey with my 135 character :D

7 hours ago, Savamther said:

Aberration was my favourite I think, but mostly because I was really disappointed by the map in extinction. The titan fights were amazing, as were the supply drops and element veins, but there was just parts of the map that were empty and pointless to explore (ie the sunken forest.)

-Abberation
-Extinction
-Scorched 

I'm enjoying Valguero at the moment with the map extension mod (all my favourite dinos on one map). But the free maps don't have the story progression that I love: I'm really looking forward to genesis and continuing the journey with my 135 character :D

Yea genesis seems to be the best so far imo.

Everything looks fantastic from the creatures to the items and structures and the map itself looks gorgeous.

7 hours ago, Savamther said:

-Abberation
-Extinction
-Scorched 

Personally if I had to guess my list is going to be

1.Genesis Part 1

2.Extinction

3.Aberration

4.Scorched Earth

Genesis Part 1 has enough stuff to overcome my bias for Extinction and Extinction is still number 2 because motherraptoring meks and kaiju, Aberration is 3 because it's very nice and very pretty but like I said the bias hits hard for me, and finally Scorched Earth since if were being honest it's kind of worthless right now and the only things still exclusive for it are the Map and the Phoenix.

If Scorched Earth gets new things then possibly but as it stands it's worthless rn.

rag kinda srewed up scorched, although rag is my fav map due to being able to tame all of the islands and scorched's creatures and its design. i like extinction as it adds alot of cool new mechanics, but map itself was really lacking, i think they pu too much effort into mechanics, creatures and engrams that they kinda just whipped up the map. abberation was really beautiful but laccked alot of stuff, only realy new thing aside from rockwell boos fight and surface was reaper and rock drake taming. genisis seems real badass and really cool. sadly i wont be getting it till i can be sure it wont be a bug fest. till then i will just watch syntac's playthrough on genisis. i still love scorched as it looks beautiful and really added something wonderful to ark. 

Archived