legacy servers for genesis?

buddynl

On 11/2/2019 at 6:36 AM, buddynl said:

legacy servers for genesis?

for genesis will there also be legacy servers or only official servers?

OK, I'm confused. Genesis has not been released yet, so no servers running it.

A legacy server is an ARK server from before ARK was complete, I think before server transfers were added.

So what do you think that would mean for ARK servers with the Genesis map (I assume Genesis is just another map)?

All ARK legacy servers are official servers. 

If they are not official, they are unofficial, not legacy. 

At least that is my take on this, still waiting like everyone else to find out what Genesis is going to be.

On 11/5/2019 at 12:06 AM, wildbill said:

OK, I'm confused. Genesis has not been released yet, so no servers running it.

A legacy server is an ARK server from before ARK was complete, I think before server transfers were added.

So what do you think that would mean for ARK servers with the Genesis map (I assume Genesis is just another map)?

All ARK legacy servers are official servers. 

If they are not official, they are unofficial, not legacy. 

At least that is my take on this, still waiting like everyone else to find out what Genesis is going to be.

thats why i am asking it. its no use for me to buy genesis if there will be no legacy servers for it.

10 minutes ago, buddynl said:

thats why i am asking it. its no use for me to buy genesis if there will be no legacy servers for it.

I honestly don't get what you mean here.

You can't transfer from one legacy server to another, so if they add official Genesis servers, you would be starting from scratch to start on it unless you are on a non-legacy, in that case you could transfer to it.

So you only want to play on Genesis if no one can transfer to it from another server (including yourself)?

I almost exclusively play that way, but I do it on unofficial PvE servers. Either ones not clustered or just start a character on one of the clustered servers and not transfer.

2 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Yes, there will be Legacy servers for Genesis. However, I don't think they will "add" new servers, but rather they will do a migration and re-purpose a good portion of them to the main cluster and keep a few for Legacy.

Tyty ;) but IDE like to point out to the staff as well there's quite a few low population servers on the official cluster as well that could use a repurpose. Hint hint legacy lives matter!!! Haha

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2019 at 11:07 AM, wildbill said:

Ah, my confusion. You can transfer legacy to legacy, but not legacy to official servers, just official to official.

All Wild Card servers are Official. It is generally referred to as Official or Legacy Official. People just use Legacy for short. You can transfer from a Legacy server to any Legacy server. You can transfer from Official to Official. You can not transfer Legacy to Official. Legacy is just old Official but many still play it for various reasons. I play it because the game is too grindy and I do not want to start over again. Plus the larger population tends to be toxic and I hate drama.

• 1 month later...

Archived