How do you get Artifact of the Skylord?

NeddyTheNoodle

As the title says, I'm wondering how you get artifact of the skylord?

I'm on singleplayer, and I've waited multiple hours and there is no artifact in the cave at the spot it's supposed to be in. Am I missing something? I have the artifacts from all other caves, except this one.

EDIT:

After killing literally every single creature in the cave, and waiting outside for an hour or two, the artifact spawned. I think it has officially been fixed. This was on PC singleplayer.

12 minutes ago, NeddyTheNoodle said:

How do I get it without cheating?

The way I did it was: kill EVERYTHING in the cave and walk through the whole cave, even the pathways you don't need to take to get the artifact, then leave the cave and wait a few minutes for everything to respawn. It took me 3 or 4 attempts but eventually the artifact respawned with the cave nasties.

57 minutes ago, WarpSpasm said:

The way I did it was: kill EVERYTHING in the cave and walk through the whole cave, even the pathways you don't need to take to get the artifact, then leave the cave and wait a few minutes for everything to respawn. It took me 3 or 4 attempts but eventually the artifact respawned with the cave nasties.

Really? and you're in singleplayer? every video I've seen, even after killing everything and waiting tons of time, nobody has ever gotten it

14 minutes ago, NeddyTheNoodle said:

Perhaps it is an issue on PC only?

It's worth a try, at this point it seems like you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Worst case scenario, it doesn't work and you have used a load of ammo and gained xp. Best case scenario, same as worst case but you also have an artifact.

This is an issue on PS4 as well. Has been for years. Another issue that WC doesn't care to fix. To get the artifact legit, here's what you need to do, get the following items:

-A descent set of fur armor (if you're in the ice cave, I assume you've got that)

- A decent, high level tame that can give/take damage, like a Rex or a Spino. Or if you want to do it really easy, just bring a decent flyer. (Must have cave flying enabled).

-An otter with a high weight stat.

-A decent gun with lots of ammo. Always be prepared for Murphy's Law.

-Transfer to The Center map. Head to the SOUTH ICE CAVE. Large dinos like Rexes can easily fit in here, but, as I stated, if you want it to be easy and you have cave flying enabled, just fly in.

-The Artifact is sitting on an arch made of ice. Kill or lead off the arch any enemies. Grab the artifact.

-Now this is where the otter comes into play. Otters are the only creatures in the game which can carry artifacts, and multiples of the same one. So, what you can do is walk/fly around for a bit, grabbing an artifact whenever it spawns and putting it in your otter's inventory. Once you have what you deem to be enough artifacts, take them to the obelisk and transfer them back to the Island. Yes, you can transfer artifacts to different maps. 

I had to do this when I played on the Island. Yes, it's frustrating, but until WC gets their act together and fixes the bugs, this is what needs to be done.

If you want a REAL challenge, go to Ragnarok and get the artifact from the Life's Labyrinth dungeon.

59 minutes ago, WafflePancake said:

If you want a REAL challenge, go to Ragnarok and get the artifact from the Life's Labyrinth dungeon.

This is what I do. 

Island's bugged on single player so you can either set yourself personal challenges to complete and then spawn in the artifact or jump to Rag and run the Labryinth and grab the Artifact from there. 

I mean if you run the Island Skylord cave, kill the creatures, don't fall and die, the only thing your missing is grabbing the Artifact. It's not cheating to spawn it in at that point since there's not like a puzzle you have to solve to get it. You're just doing the dev's job at that point and correcting the bug.

30 minutes ago, NeddyTheNoodle said:

Okay well listen up everyone, I actually got it to spawn and it was incredibly easy. All I did was kill everything in the cave and then wait like an hour outside the cave and it just spawned o_O

Perhaps they fixed it?

Glad you got it working and if it bugs out again at least you know how to fix it. Thinking back, my 3 or 4 attempts probably took about an hour including the waiting. Sounds like I could have saved some armour durability and ammo.

Archived