Extra Life 2019

StudioWildcard

37 minutes ago, Calico45 said:

Not on PS4, I am afraid. I lost mine ascending on the Island map October 7th. I had not known about the bug before then, but then found out it was a pretty well known one with the closest thing to a workaround being a series of steps to save in-between in preparation for the crash that happens.

Im on ps4 and tested both rockwell and tek cave about 2 months ago.  Iv lost my data 2 times to this bug, so i know how painful it is.  Im very anal about this bug and everything worked fine for me; 1st time in over a year.

• Volunteer Moderator
7 hours ago, JESwayze said:

The information was taken verbatim from the live broadcast scrren shot from the 2017 Event reposted in a recent Ark Announcement on the Extra Life Event

extra.jpg

Yes but that is 2 years old. For this year it starts 1.5x @ 5k and reaches 8x at 70k.

On 11/1/2019 at 9:21 AM, JESwayze said:

Last year it lasted 25 hours for entire event (25 hrs due to the end of Daylight Savings Time.  If I remember correctly it was 8x within 6 hours of the event starting which is at 12PM Eastern but that is completely donation dependent.  Because so much was raised last year 4x was then extended by WC into Monday until the normal weekly event ending time.

that was a good event last year and from what i remember you are correct.  

9 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Im on ps4 and tested both rockwell and tek cave about 2 months ago.  Iv lost my data 2 times to this bug, so i know how painful it is.  Im very anal about this bug and everything worked fine for me; 1st time in over a year.

I am glad it worked fine for you, but I still lost my character and everything I could find at the time claimed it was a known bug with no official fix.

May I ask what update you think it was fixed in?

Edited by Calico45

On 11/1/2019 at 9:54 AM, Calico45 said:

Unfortunately it isn't always that simple. I have looked around and the closest to a workaround is a several step process of saving before everything in preparation for the crash. Plus the settings, making sure they are off since it is counter intuitive. Also, I am having the problem with the PS4 version, for the record. I haven't tested it on PC. Anyway, it is hardly an official fix and it has been a known problem for a long time apparently, although I learned the hard way.

I play ps4 and enable survivor downloads on the setting page. Use the ascension code on aberration to test if it works before playing with your main character. 

Rag server tame capped 4 kibble into my taming a 145 event bary before the extralife even started.

If you don't like breeding, you might as well not even play the game right now.  

But hey, I'll get poop on because everyone wants to not even play the game, just sit there and afk with food in their troughs and it's for a good cause so stfu!

Edited by Garet

6 hours ago, Calico45 said:

I am glad it worked fine for you, but I still lost my character and everything I could find at the time claimed it was a known bug with no official fix.

May I ask what update you think it was fixed in?

I have no idea.  Theres been a few patches that have been way to big for the mediocre changes they made.  I think wc is stealth patching some things.  Last year i found that on the center spinos were capping at 140.  I tested it to find that the game was deleting any spino naturally spawning over 140.  Yesterday i found a 150.  As for the ascension bug, its gone back and forth.  There was a moment over a year ago that it was fixed(I believe back then it was even in the notes and then later edited out).  Another patch, possibly aberration's release, rebroke it.  Its possible fear evolved or the 'small' HLNA patch broke it again.  Ill have to test it again and see.  Thx for the warning.

On October 31, 2019 at 9:53 PM, Calico45 said:

Sheesh. I want things fixed, too, the single play ascension character deletion in particular, but come on. I am looking forward to the stream and it is for a good cause. There is no reason to feel bad about that.

They may not have fixed that, but there is legit workaround for it. I've done this several times and never lost a character.

image.png

2 minutes ago, WafflePancake said:

They may not have fixed that, but there is legit workaround for it. I've done this several times and never lost a character.

image.png

That seems like over kill considering the upload is what causes the deletion and the only bosses that upload are rockwell and overseer.  Theres 0 risk with BM, Mega, Mant, and Dragon.  Also what would happen to you if you turn off uploads/downloads and the game tries to force upload you during ascension?  To me it seems like it would drop you outside the cave with your tames where it couldnt upload you or completely break the ascension in another way.  Of course ascension might hard override your server settings and force an upload regardless.  That would break the steps in this process.

3 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

That seems like over kill considering the upload is what causes the deletion and the only bosses that upload are rockwell and overseer.  Theres 0 risk with BM, Mega, Mant, and Dragon.  Also what would happen to you if you turn off uploads/downloads and the game tries to force upload you during ascension?  To me it seems like it would drop you outside the cave with your tames where it couldnt upload you or completely break the ascension in another way.  Of course ascension might hard override your server settings and force an upload regardless.  That would break the steps in this process.

I agree. I have stopped even trying to do the overseer and I refuse to do Rockwell because of this bug. I should not have to do a 7-10 step process just to advance in the game. This bug is a game-breaking bug and it needs to be fixed.

4 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:That seems like over kill considering the upload is what causes the deletion and the only bosses that upload are rockwell and overseer.  Theres 0 risk with BM, Mega, Mant, and Dragon.  Also what would happen to you if you turn off uploads/downloads and the game tries to force upload you during ascension?  To me it seems like it would drop you outside the cave with your tames where it couldnt upload you or completely break the ascension in another way.  Of course ascension might hard override your server settings and force an upload regardless.  That would break the steps in this process.

I only use it for Overseer, Rockwell and King Titan. And for all of them, after beating the boss, you get the respawn screen asking you to choose which bed you want to spawn at. For Overseer, your dinos are teleported to outside the entrance of the Tek cave. For Rockwell, your dinos are teleported to the far end of the portal in the portal area. For Extinction, your dinos are waiting near the king Titan platform.

I have done this method several times on both singleplayer and on a server and it has worked.

Edited by WafflePancake