Extra Life 2019

StudioWildcard

I know I am over a week late to this topic, but the donation(s) I tried to make when they were playing donation bingo just came out. It said it timed out at the time I made it so i didn't think it was going to be made at all. Kinda sucks because the amount I donated was not donated during the bingo so i would have got that spot. and since it was finally ran 8 days after game day it doesn't add into the game day total, or was even put towards the 8x.  

It for the kids and I'm cool with donating to the cause.

I tried to donate 4 or 5 times and Extra life counted them as duplicates and only charged me once which was cool, but Damn I tuned into this event because I wanted to be part of the event. Heck,  I didn't even get be entered into any of the raffles because none of them went through on game day. 

:(

On 11/6/2019 at 10:29 AM, WafflePancake said:

You need to check the 'No Survivor DOWNLOAD' button. (I'll post a pic of that below)

Your character cannot upload if it isn't possible to download it again. So by checking that box you are essentially making it IMPOSSIBLE to leave the map, until you uncheck that box again.

You seem to be the ONLY person who has so much trouble understanding this. When I first came to this site and found those instructions, I followed the steps and was able to beat Overseer and not lose my character, FIRST TRY. Since then, whenever I see someone complain about the Ascension glitch, I post those steps for them and I have yet to have someone tell me it didn't work.

Go into Ark, one of the three maps, Island, Aberration, or Extinction, create a new throwaway character, then follow the steps (you don't need to do the constant saving and quitting, I'll admit that's a superfluous step, but I do it just to make sure it saves the changes). Once you have the new character created and are ready, do the Ascension cheat (or spawn in the necessary items and go into god mode to fight the boss). Then you can test it out.

As I stated before, it's not as hard as you're making it out to be.

image.jpeg

No, i understand your steps.  I get that, im skeptical of wasting my time.  See even with  those checked u can upload your character and dinos at obs ect.  So im skeptical of how it would work when uploads are still enabled and work with those settings checked.  That said i have tested this and for ascension type boss battles this does work exactly as u say, makes no sense, but its 100% effective.  Im sorry for giving u a hard time, you never know whos bs'ing you.  It was nnothing personal, just skepticism.  Thanks for this, i recommend you create a thread for this.

11 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

No, i understand your steps.  I get that, im skeptical of wasting my time.  See even with  those checked u can upload your character and dinos at obs ect.  So im skeptical of how it would work when uploads are still enabled and work with those settings checked.  That said i have tested this and for ascension type boss battles this does work exactly as u say, makes no sense, but its 100% effective.  Im sorry for giving u a hard time, you never know whos bs'ing you.  It was nnothing personal, just skepticism.  Thanks for this, i recommend you create a thread for this.

You can upload a character yes, but you cannot download the character on another map. So, if you were trying to transfer to another map you can put your character in the obelisk on say, the Island, then go to Scorched Earth and hit the 'download survvor' button, you won't be able to, because downloads are disabled.

And Uploading and Ascending are two different things. You UPLOAD to, as stated, transfer to another map. 

ASCENDING happens when you beat Overseer, Rockwell, or King Titan. However the Ascension is purely in the cut-scene. After beating Overseer on the Island, the game doesn't automatically transfer your character to Scorched Earth. You beat Overseer, the cut-scene and credits roll, then you log back in and you are at the respawn screen where it's asking you to choose what bed you'd like to spawn at. Once you're ready, you then go to an obelisk/drop and UPLOAD your character, then log out,head to scorched and click the 'download survivor' button.

The reason console players have to do those steps to Ascend properly is because the console version is codes wrong and it deletes characters for...reasons...but for some reason following those steps prevents deletion.

13 hours ago, WafflePancake said:

You can upload a character yes, but you cannot download the character on another map. So, if you were trying to transfer to another map you can put your character in the obelisk on say, the Island, then go to Scorched Earth and hit the 'download survvor' button, you won't be able to, because downloads are disabled.

And Uploading and Ascending are two different things. You UPLOAD to, as stated, transfer to another map. 

ASCENDING happens when you beat Overseer, Rockwell, or King Titan. However the Ascension is purely in the cut-scene. After beating Overseer on the Island, the game doesn't automatically transfer your character to Scorched Earth. You beat Overseer, the cut-scene and credits roll, then you log back in and you are at the respawn screen where it's asking you to choose what bed you'd like to spawn at. Once you're ready, you then go to an obelisk/drop and UPLOAD your character, then log out,head to scorched and click the 'download survivor' button.

The reason console players have to do those steps to Ascend properly is because the console version is codes wrong and it deletes characters for...reasons...but for some reason following those steps prevents deletion.

Thats what confused me because it auto uploads you after the boss fight.  It made no sense that blocking downloads, especially when you can still upload yourself, blocks the upload on ascension.  To read it it sounds  like bs, but it actually works lol, and thx again.

• 1 month later...