Extra Life 2019

StudioWildcard

5 hours ago, slejo said:

EVENT PROS: Good for kids! Nice Genesis reveals
EVENT CONS: Permanent lags, crashes, rollbacks..  it was hardly possible to take advantage of the evo-benefits for players

5 hours ago, Lunatico said:

I agree I could barely talk every time I had the quetzal full and returned to rollback base of 30 minutes and go back to farmear 3 times to have a full forge

My legacy servers were nice an lag free ;)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

And upon ascension your character is removed from the map.  You cannot spawn at a bed when you dont even have a character and are being asked to create/download 1.  You have to download your ascended player, which by that point would be deleted by the upload.  Also if you have downloads turned off you wouldnt be able to access your old, now ascended, character or anything that onced belonged to that character, including beds.  Maybe im missing something in your steps but from what im reading its contradictory.

Ok, first off, it's not MY steps, I didn't create those steps, someone else did and posted them on this site. The name of the user who created it is in that picture I posted. If you need more info about it, contact him.

Secondly. THE. CHARACTER. DOES. NOT. UPLOAD. Turning off uploads on the settings screen does not allow for a character to be taken off the map.

You go in, you beat the boss, whether it's Overseer, Rockwell, or King Titan. After beating them the cinematic and/or credits play. You return to the home screen and then log back in. Upon log in, you are still on the same map. On the screen where it's asking you to choose which bed to spawn at. Spawn at your bed, then go down to where your dinos are waiting and collect your dinos and the items you should have put in the dinos inventory.

I swear this is not as difficult as your making it out to be. I have done this method, as I stated, for Overseer, Rockwell, and King Titan SEVERAL TIMES and it has never failed.

34 minutes ago, XxxGodzxxX said:

Lag free until Genesis comes out, then they'll be wiped for that map.

U think? Haha ide bet official merges with legacy xD seeing how legacy clusters still after 3 yrs have better communities and cheaper to maintain...seeing  how all the cry babies  on official need wc to hold their hands with everything. ..legacy won't be wiped it's their cheapest cluster rofl

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

U think? Haha ide bet official merges with legacy xD seeing how legacy clusters still after 3 yrs have better communities and cheaper to maintain...seeing  how all the cry babies  on official need wc to hold their hands with everything. ..legacy won't be wiped it's their cheapest cluster rofl

Nooooo. Don't let official toxicity merge with our relaxed legacy servers. We're having fun as it is. 

13 hours ago, WafflePancake said:

Ok, first off, it's not MY steps, I didn't create those steps, someone else did and posted them on this site. The name of the user who created it is in that picture I posted. If you need more info about it, contact him.

Secondly. THE. CHARACTER. DOES. NOT. UPLOAD. Turning off uploads on the settings screen does not allow for a character to be taken off the map.

You go in, you beat the boss, whether it's Overseer, Rockwell, or King Titan. After beating them the cinematic and/or credits play. You return to the home screen and then log back in. Upon log in, you are still on the same map. On the screen where it's asking you to choose which bed to spawn at. Spawn at your bed, then go down to where your dinos are waiting and collect your dinos and the items you should have put in the dinos inventory.

I swear this is not as difficult as your making it out to be. I have done this method, as I stated, for Overseer, Rockwell, and King Titan SEVERAL TIMES and it has never failed.

I mentioned the possibility of the uplload not happening 2 posts ago.  You did not agree with it or elaborate on that point at all.

On 11/2/2019 at 4:58 PM, Onimusha759 said:

That seems like over kill considering the upload is what causes the deletion and the only bosses that upload are rockwell and overseer.  Theres 0 risk with BM, Mega, Mant, and Dragon.  Also what would happen to you if you turn off uploads/downloads and the game tries to force upload you during ascension?  To me it seems like it would drop you outside the cave with your tames where it couldnt upload you or completely break the ascension in another way.  Of course ascension might hard override your server settings and force an upload regardless.  That would break the steps in this process.

Did you address whether the upload would happen or not?  No.  You just said you pick a bed which makes no darn sense if you dont know how the game will actually react in that situation.  This is something most od uf haven't seen.  You did not elaborate in how the process worked.  Of course im going to ask questions, considering the risk and the odd counter its completely logical to.  You said pick a bed.  When do we pick beds?  When we have a downloaded character or when we die.  I ascended, am i dead?  I dont think so.  So that means logically id think of the standard download/creation window.  You saying pick a bed pointed at the upload happening.    Notice i asked a question asking what would happen.  I threw a statement afterwards it might force upload anyways.  You elaborated on none of that and im forced to use what i do know about ascension to fill in the blank.  You dont want someone to ask questions then properly explain.  That said i do thank you for the info.  I do see how it would work and helping circulate a work around is obviously good of you.  Ill be sure to try this.

• Volunteer Moderator
29 minutes ago, MTFUScorpion said:

The answer is still the same...24hrs

Nope, that answer is absolutely wrong mate.

The question was, IF the event gets to 8x rates, how long will it last. It was not 8x at the start of the event, it was many hours into the event before it reached 8x. Therefore the answer was that the 8x would last for the remainder of the event, plus any possible extension they give.

11 hours ago, GP said:

Nope, that answer is absolutely wrong mate.

The question was, IF the event gets to 8x rates, how long will it last. It was not 8x at the start of the event, it was many hours into the event before it reached 8x. Therefore the answer was that the 8x would last for the remainder of the event, plus any possible extension they give.

Speaking of the rates - if I understand correctly, the rates ended on 11/03 however they are still quite active on our unofficial server. Is there a way to turn them off?

Edited by AlariaGalanodel

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, AlariaGalanodel said:

Speaking of the rates - if I understand correctly, the rates ended on 11/03 however they are still quite active on our unofficial server. Is there a way to turn them off?

The rate changes from the ExtraLife stream had no effect on Unofficial servers. You would need to speak to your server admin regarding settings on their server.

6 hours ago, GP said:

The rate changes from the ExtraLife stream had no effect on Unofficial servers. You would need to speak to your server admin regarding settings on their server.

Actually it did, and all of our set server rates are unchanged. But we've all been able to fully imprint, for example, a megla to 100% before it's even juvenile. I am one of the server admins but am uncertain where to even look to turn this off.

Our server is hosted thru GPortal, would this be something they pushed thru?

Edited by AlariaGalanodel

11 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

There is no upload option, just download and from what i read online checking these boxes doesnt disable uploads.

You need to check the 'No Survivor DOWNLOAD' button. (I'll post a pic of that below)

Your character cannot upload if it isn't possible to download it again. So by checking that box you are essentially making it IMPOSSIBLE to leave the map, until you uncheck that box again.

You seem to be the ONLY person who has so much trouble understanding this. When I first came to this site and found those instructions, I followed the steps and was able to beat Overseer and not lose my character, FIRST TRY. Since then, whenever I see someone complain about the Ascension glitch, I post those steps for them and I have yet to have someone tell me it didn't work.

Go into Ark, one of the three maps, Island, Aberration, or Extinction, create a new throwaway character, then follow the steps (you don't need to do the constant saving and quitting, I'll admit that's a superfluous step, but I do it just to make sure it saves the changes). Once you have the new character created and are ready, do the Ascension cheat (or spawn in the necessary items and go into god mode to fight the boss). Then you can test it out.

As I stated before, it's not as hard as you're making it out to be.

image.jpeg

Edited by WafflePancake

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, AlariaGalanodel said:

Actually it did, and all of our set server rates are unchanged. But we've all been able to fully imprint, for example, a megla to 100% before it's even juvenile. I am one of the server admins but am uncertain where to even look to turn this off.

Our server is hosted thru GPortal, would this be something they pushed thru?

That was not directly from them changing settings during the Extra Life event because as I say they have no control over changing settings on unofficial, unless of course the base rate values are changed in the game.

What you are referring to is a change to the imprinting due to an issue that the Devs experienced during the Extra Life rate increases.

If you read the patch notes you'll see they added this:

v300.6 - 11/3/19

Fixed an issue with imprinting and maturation relating to custom rates

So they didn't change any rates, they fixed a bug.

On 4/11/2019 at 9:44, slejo said:

PROS EVENTOS: ¡Bueno para niños! Nice Genesis revela
CONTRAS DE EVENTOS: retrasos permanentes, bloqueos, retrocesos ... apenas era posible aprovechar los beneficios de evo para los jugadores

a tragedy of event in the 8x forward no one could shake metal or new rollback every 30m or less a shame the wind in addition the colors are very muted from light and nothing