Extra Life 2019

StudioWildcard

I had 1 giga imprint properly the rest are on the old timers and they were all done together, so 1 out of 10 gigas got proper imprints. I looked forward to this event since last year.

I must say I am VERY disappointed and even having the genesis pack already I may not even play it. I'm to pissed off to care.

I WANTED THIS AND I WANTED IT TO WORK RIGHT! ... oh wait silly me.. this is ark and wild card, nothing works right...?

• Sad 1

Honestly, they should extend the time.......

Our server was hit with about 7 crashes in total. each one was a long downtime. With rollbacks AND crashes, we were out of 6 hours of gameplay. That's 24% of the 25 hour event. That's insanely bad. Insane!!! They should make up the time. That's not fair. 

I know it was a charity event and it was awesome to watch all the donations! Freaken awesome over $85,000 donations! That's beautiful. I'm not taking away from that. When you promise a "25 hour event" you should be able to play the freaken event. This was horribly executed and planned. They knew servers would be swamped. Didn't get them ready for it. RAM is cheap, SSDs are cheap. Come on!!!!

Make up the time somehow. Do 4x for the rest of the event. Something! 

• Like 1

It would be nice for WC to extend this event servers have been lagged the entire event. Most of the people who play regularly planned on how they were going to raise or harvest what they needed during this event for the last month only to be let down by the lack of planning on the part of WC, the extra traffic should have been anticipated and planned for. Do the right thing WC extend the event thru the weekend.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, STEVEC said:

It would be nice for WC to extend this event servers have been lagged the entire event. Most of the people who play regularly planned on how they were going to raise or harvest what they needed during this event for the last month only to be let down by the lack of planning on the part of WC, the extra traffic should have been anticipated and planned for. Do the right thing WC extend the event thru the weekend.

I completely agree!! I planned for about 6 weeks and then this crap happens I spent a month before that harvesting and building a new baby barn, the entire tribe

is let down, simply because we all were going to get a new giga.

I feel really badly for the servers that did not get to participate at all.

I at least got a little time in, but the imprints were all messed up. Only 1 giga had a timer that worked properly.

It'd be cool for the biome variants to have different boosted stats like aberrant creatures had Meele buff and health lowered so I was thinking fire variants melee buff, water weight  buff, ice health buff, bog/jungle Stam buff, lunar movement speed buff. If a Stat were to be lowered in response fire stam, water speed, ice weight , bog/jungle health, lunar melee

Would be nice to know what’s going on - we’ve made use of the event but keep hearing different things. We were up for the whole stream (1s for real for Ced) - we were luckily on a server that didn’t crash much. But would be cool if it was extended - especially to affected servers, had a lot of friends who planned for weeks like we did and the couldn’t get on to even move to a different server. Also, those attacking the extra life servers ... how scummy. Think they would have legit broken the 100k mark if it wasn’t for extra life being hammered - Cloudflare didn’t seem to do much.

On 11/3/2019 at 9:00 PM, WafflePancake said:

I only use it for Overseer, Rockwell and King Titan. And for all of them, after beating the boss, you get the respawn screen asking you to choose which bed you want to spawn at. For Overseer, your dinos are teleported to outside the entrance of the Tek cave. For Rockwell, your dinos are teleported to the far end of the portal in the portal area. For Extinction, your dinos are waiting near the king Titan platform.

I have done this method several times on both singleplayer and on a server and it has worked.

And upon ascension your character is removed from the map.  You cannot spawn at a bed when you dont even have a character and are being asked to create/download 1.  You have to download your ascended player, which by that point would be deleted by the upload.  Also if you have downloads turned off you wouldnt be able to access your old, now ascended, character or anything that onced belonged to that character, including beds.  Maybe im missing something in your steps but from what im reading its contradictory.

Edited by Onimusha759