When Do You Think We Will Get Our First Good Look At Genesis?

Calico45

When Do You Think We Will Get Our First Good Look At Genesis?

I know it is all speculation at this point in regards to Genesis. I know they are going to do the Life Stream soon, but I suspect that we won't get that much by way of preview content. I am curious as to when the community thinks we will finally get a good look at what Genesis will have to offer. If I had to guess, somewhere around the original release date. Late December, maybe early January. If they delay the expansion any more then I think the previews will be delayed with it.

18 minutes ago, FRM17 said:

They showed us like 60% of the stuff we wanted to see from Extinction during the last Extra Life stream, with a similar release date (slightly earlier), I don't see why they wouldn't this time

I suppose the reason I am not betting on that is due to the delay. I know delays are par for the course and they are supposed to be for polish in this case, but if they need more time for release my immediate assumption would be that they need more time in general for everything. If we had the original release, the stream would have been a perfect time for a content tease before the holiday season to encourage buying the product. They are no longer tethered to the holidays with the new release date, though.

1 minute ago, Calico45 said:

I suppose the reason I am not betting on that is due to the delay. I know delays are par for the course and they are supposed to be for polish in this case, but if they need more time for release my immediate assumption would be that they need more time in general for everything.

Yeah but I still believe theyll show a good amount of content, its a really good way to generate interest in the fundraiser

3 hours ago, FRM17 said:

Just to follow up,  in the Extralife post (ark news) they stated "As an added incentive to raise money and awareness for a great cause, we’ll be revealing unseen content from the new Genesis DLC as we inch further towards our goal."

I saw that and admitted in my first post that the stream was coming. I just did not assume we would get much. Something, yes, but the first good look? That I don't know.

Here's to being hopeful, though. 

5 hours ago, Azurrel said:

I think we'll see a fair amount more of genesis on a month by month basis, it seems like they're kind of scrambling to get things "polished" so we won't see 90% of it until weeks before launch. But truly you won't even see all of it until you get your boots wet. Granted most of this is speculation.

I think you are right at this point. I didn't expect much, but was still slightly disappointed by the stream reveals. Not so much in the content itself, but just that it felt sparse where a fair portion had been teased prior. Especially in comparison to the Extinction reveals.

I think the lack of content showed is because of what they have ready to showcase at the moment, probably why they pushed the release date back. I'm fine with them pushing the release back as far as they need, I would rather have things working as intended when it comes out, instead of some time after it comes out. Hopefully there will be a long public beta.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, HavenDuuk said:

Is there a feature list or content concept?  I bought it because it hit on a day where I was like "hey I feel like playing Ark" but I have no idea what Genesis is supposed to be about.

Not that I am really aware of. From what I understand, they tease content and features through steams and the mysterious mysteries but there is no official list or anything. The closest is the gamepedia page or something similar.

People are just going off of that assuming it's going to be a simulation of some sort and have a lot of water content. Plus, we did get a look at some biome stuff from the extra life stream, but it was mostly items/creatures and we never saw anything compared to a map or an organized product description. Granted, they did have to put something on the Steam page, but I don't think that explains it very well, either.

Archived