Anyone else noticing the issue with foundation placement on rafts?

KRONOSDOUBLE

Pretty self explanatory I suppose. Attempting to properly place a centered foundation is no longer possible for me now due to being unable to "drive" the raft and place a pillar/foundation down. I can still place a foundation down while moving freely around the raft, but doing it from the driver seat of the raft is no longer possible.

Anyone else experiencing this?

31 minutes ago, KRONOSDOUBLE said:

Pretty self explanatory I suppose. Attempting to properly place a centered foundation is no longer possible for me now due to being unable to "drive" the raft and place a pillar/foundation down. I can still place a foundation down while moving freely around the raft, but doing it from the driver seat of the raft is no longer possible.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Haven't tried that method in a while. 

Try placing a fence foundation long ways, front to back, with just about 1/3 of it hanging off the edge (center like pillar). You get a quicker and deeper foundation drop (also used over a month ago so maybe that was changed). The snap points are pretty set on a raft/motorboat so free placing the original pillar shouldn't be that bad anyway. The foundation will still place right.

you could pull the raft up against a shore so the backside is in the ground of the shore (some raised shores that allow this) then hop out of the drivers seat, hop back in pull out the pillar for placement, hit k hop out of the driver seat, back up a little and place the pillar.  Last time i tried placing the center pillar it was a little tricky, had to hit to place it just at the right moment or it wouldn't place. manually placing it you can get it pretty centered and strait if you use a metal pillar for the initial pillar so you can see if its lined up properly, using k occasionally to look around it to tell if its aligned on both sides, takes abit of patients to do it that way. 

I've tried with the fence foundation but it always seems to be abit off for me, im probably just not doing it right, haven't seen any videos where someones using a foundation to start the pillars on a raft.

tried it last night, it is off now, you can't just switch to the rudder with the piece out and be able to place it, shows it as placeable but when you click it doesn't place, have to move mouse a little to get it to hit right at the end of the raft.  I remember previously if you did it, you wouldn't have to move the mouse at all, it would just snap so yeah, placement there has changed.

51 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

Sounds like people are not using the old new trick..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO3q3ixTcIg

Nice! Never saw that before ? It does have the drawback of having to get that first fence foundation completely straight, but other than that it looks like a really neat trick.

As a side note: what's the thing in your 6th slot in the hotbar, the Y button slot?

21 minutes ago, Zahlea said:

Nice! Never saw that before ? It does have the drawback of having to get that first fence foundation completely straight, but other than that it looks like a really neat trick.

As a side note: what's the thing in your 6th slot in the hotbar, the Y button slot?

That was a mod for tracking pets, no longer use that mod any more.

Archived