Question about clones

Rosati

Question about clones

So it will be a minute or 3 until I get to this point but i like learning about things that are in the future to me. I have seen a lot of posts about people who don't want clones. And after looking I have seen that they can be pricey for resources to clone and that it sterilizes the dino as well. Is that the main reason why people don't like clones or are there more things that people are against them? 

13 minutes ago, Rosati said:

Question about clones

So it will be a minute or 3 until I get to this point but i like learning about things that are in the future to me. I have seen a lot of posts about people who don't want clones. And after looking I have seen that they can be pricey for resources to clone and that it sterilizes the dino as well. Is that the main reason why people don't like clones or are there more things that people are against them? 

I doesn't sterilize  the dino\creature the only thing I could see why they wouldn't want a clone would be cost or imprinting. ..u lose the 20% increase from imprint  when u clone a bred creature 

Some people want to trade for dinos ready to use. Clones take away any imprinting bonus stats that could be achieved otherwise (different than the 30% rider buff). So a dino that is able to be imprinted but loses that imprint stat gain through cloning may be less desirable.

It can also be as simple as some people don't like to see the word clone at all times.

Cloning is very beneficial for high stats someone is looking to acquire for breeding purposes and high stats that receive no imprint bonus for use (like Karkinos, Basilisks, Griffins, Arthro's, Mantis')

39 minutes ago, MooseX said:

What Lycan sayd and for me the dino is tagged with (Clone)...

Oh that's dumb And I'm guessing there isn't anyway to change that either. 

36 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Some people want to trade for dinos ready to use. Clones take away any imprinting bonus stats that could be achieved otherwise (different than the 30% rider buff). So a dino that is able to be imprinted but loses that imprint stat gain through cloning may be less desirable.

It can also be as simple as some people don't like to see the word clone at all times.

Cloning is very beneficial for high stats someone is looking to acquire for breeding purposes and high stats that receive no imprint bonus for use (like Karkinos, Basilisks, Griffins, Arthro's, Mantis')

So if you breed the clone with another dino does the offspring pop out with the word clone on it or some way of showing (other then looking at heritage) that it is the offspring of a clone? 

The responses above kinda cover the biggest reasons why, just wanted to add something at the end. For trading, clones are also cheaper, simply due to rarity. Having (clone) generally means there's more floating around, takes away from the uniqueness of the dino. 

You can breed lines with colors and stats generally, so I know it doesn't necessarily make a lot of sense. But just what I've observed overall.

3 minutes ago, Rosati said:

So if you breed the clone with another dino does the offspring pop out with the word clone on it or some way of showing (other then looking at heritage) that it is the offspring of a clone? 

Nah. That doesn't transfer over but stats and colors can just like a normal dino.

5 minutes ago, Aqua1antern said:

Sorry, forgot to add something. 

So on the sterilized part, cloning is done at times in response to it being neutered, so you can get another copy to breed with. I haven't actually had to do it myself, but cloning if its neutered will produce a dino fresh with none of the baggage.  

I think if you clone a sterilized dino the clone is also sterile. There was a big thread about it a while back and that is what was said.

17 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

I think if you clone a sterilized dino the clone is also sterile. There was a big thread about it a while back and that is what was said.

Maybe thats what I read on the wiki. When working I read the wiki and this site a lot to try and learn some new stuff and I swear it said that once you clone a dino its fixed and I thought that would be a reason that people wouldn't like to have clones. But I guess if you have the elements and you wanna take it to a boss fight where you know you're gonna loose some dinos this would be a good way to do it without loosing one of your favorites. 

15 minutes ago, Rosati said:

Maybe thats what I read on the wiki. When working I read the wiki and this site a lot to try and learn some new stuff and I swear it said that once you clone a dino its fixed and I thought that would be a reason that people wouldn't like to have clones. But I guess if you have the elements and you wanna take it to a boss fight where you know you're gonna loose some dinos this would be a good way to do it without loosing one of your favorites. 

I've cloned a couple favorites just so I can use the clone instead, and not risk the favorite itself.

TIP - Cloning time is 2x as well, so it takes 1/2 the normal time to make a clone right now, its treated as breeding (and is why you cant clone a baby).

8 minutes ago, AhNxy said:

I imagine cloning was an easy way to just have boss fighting dinos, but if it makes it sterile, seems to lock it into that category. 

cloning doesn't make them sterile,  all mine can still mate, but I don't know about ones that have been neutered or spaded (probably wrong spelling) and then cloned, as I like to leave mine so they can mate.

28 minutes ago, Thyme said:

No real reason to clone any breedable dinos, its very expensive and gives no imprint bonus. I typically only see clones or rare unbreedable dinos like zomdodos, phoenixes, or any unbreedable dino with cool event colors or some godly stats

2 players on giga, 1 good mantis with 200+dmg pick, doing element veins, that expensive cost just became null.

Cloning is for 

1. cloning non-breedable + non-imprintable animals.  
  2. cloning lvl 5 female animals for breeding for mutations.  You can clone 100 lvl 5 fem anything, pump up the food lvls so they don't starve and get to work.  If you have enough of them, you will get perfect copies of say a lvl 377 stud.
  3. backing up important breeding animals, if you want to ensure one base destruction doesn't end your Ark life, keep backup copies on different servers so you can rebuild your bloodlines.
  4. transfering colors from event or mutations , preferably you get the colors on lower lvl females..... clone the female until you feel you have enough, work on color project.
  5. cloning dust gachas.  You could tame 100 and not find a dust gacha, you can birth 100 gachas and not get a dust gacha.  You can clone a lvl 21 female dust gacha in 6hrs, 23 element to start. 'nuff said.
  6. lots of single stat mutating breeders simply park the 1 stat on a lvl 5 stat base and clone it, sell clones .  Worth doing on gigas and other longer raise aninals(water especially). 
  7. any animal that takes more than 5 days to raise benefits more from a cloner than say a 2 day raise or other easy to raise animals.
  8. I dont' know all the ins and outs on this, but generally speaking, the lower the level, the lower the cost to start a clone. example, try cloneing a lvl 350 ravager that takes 2 days to raise and a lvl 100 giga, the giga will be cheaper.
  9. * last addition, NO - you can NOT clone a neutered animal and get a breed-able copy.  That was way in the past and info out on the web that says otherwise is not correct.

3 hours ago, hud said:

What's about cloning cost?? We wanted to do some experiments with quetz, tamed one, lvl 200-220 not sure 100%, but cost 120k element shards. We cloned many dinos, low levels, high levels but never seen so high cost

there are a few dino's with extremely high costs done so that you can not clone them in the cloning machine, it was a intentional thing done by wildcard.

• 1 month later...

Cloning cost is based on 2 things the current lvl of the dino and its original tame hatch lvl. so you have a lvl 100 giga you just tamed it will cost u x amount(we will say 70,000 shards) you lvl it 30 lvls you will now have a y amount based on the original lvl (100)  70k shard + y shards based on each additional lvl gained so your new cost to clone your lvl 130 giga will be Z amount(100,000 shards) the down side to this is 2 fold as

1. it cost you more to clone.

2. The clone will come out at the original lvl.100 not 130

Archived