Pillars removed

Woods61

40 minutes ago, d1nk said:

And ruin a great method of special taming / trapping (reapers, rock elementals etc)

It should for better or worse boil down to the lesser of 2 evils.  No tame requires a teleporter to tame.  You don't even need fixed traps for either of them in reality. But when players can exploit teleporters that should be locked down, and set up teleporters above another persons base and drop wilds into their area.....  This is happening quite a bit.  Just about everyone I know now , knows someone personally that it has happened to.  I know 3 different tribes, personally, that it happened to.

1 hour ago, GrumpyBear said:

It should for better or worse boil down to the lesser of 2 evils.  No tame requires a teleporter to tame.  You don't even need fixed traps for either of them in reality. But when players can exploit teleporters that should be locked down, and set up teleporters above another persons base and drop wilds into their area.....  This is happening quite a bit.  Just about everyone I know now , knows someone personally that it has happened to.  I know 3 different tribes, personally, that it happened to.

It sucks what people do, for sure. I dont agree with the whole playerbase being punished for an exclusive Official only problem though. Officials is only a small part of the game. 

7 minutes ago, d1nk said:

It sucks what people do, for sure. I dont agree with the whole playerbase being punished for an exclusive Official only problem though. Officials is only a small part of the game. 

But this happens  on unofficial  as well sadly if no admin online to save you. your sol...until they log in ...then they can take action .at least WC could do a setting  so that it can be managed  by unofficial admins. On\off switch maybe.

1 hour ago, Lycan187u said:

But this happens  on unofficial  as well sadly if no admin online to save you. your sol...until they log in ...then they can take action .at least WC could do a setting  so that it can be managed  by unofficial admins. On\off switch maybe.

It *could*, sure. Then the admin comes on and deletes the tribe, fixes the stuff and all is well. Not every person uses a teleport for wild dinos maliciously 

edit: Honestly it probably wouldnt happen on any reputable server. 

36 minutes ago, d1nk said:

It *could*, sure. Then the admin comes on and deletes the tribe, fixes the stuff and all is well. Not every person uses a teleport for wild dinos maliciously 

Honestly, as a server admin I consider wild dino TPing to be fair play.  If they really want to spend the time and resources to set it up (on a weekend, FOBing during the week is against our guidelines) then the defender should have better defenses against wild dinos or have picked a better base spot.  We just have Valguero atm though; if we were on Extinction I would probably not allow it.

21 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Totally agree that not everyone does these things .hell Im even am working on a reaper birthing house atm xD .but then here's my 2 cents I myself would tp wild creatures to a base to destroy it.but only if I thought I had been wronged so much that in my mind a GM/admin doing whatever they do wouldn't be good enough .if I wanted the satisfaction of tears over all the time/effort it takes to build  a nice base .I personally admit Legacy has been rough I've had to defend myself with game mechanics either being dino or mesh.ive attacked bases and have been attacked it's a vicious cycle for sure.and now with the tp meta ppl are using I've broke and rebuilt my tp so i can't be effected by wilds so problem solved I'm lucky enough I play on legacy I can defend my base against enemies with pillars .without the fear of tribes placing to destroy me. So I feel for these official guys that have to worries about a GM destroying all that time/effort by bogus tickets.or a salty player 

7 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

Monitoring servers takes time and money. This isn't really expected with buy-to-pay free server games.

Iam not saying that they should monitor it all the time, but even if a dev just looks around 1-2 server a day it would help pve and pvp. Or they can just hire one guy who looks around the servers in Ghost mode, its not so much Time/money.

2 hours ago, devid20 said:

Iam not saying that they should monitor it all the time, but even if a dev just looks around 1-2 server a day it would help pve and pvp. Or they can just hire one guy who looks around the servers in Ghost mode, its not so much Time/money.

Think of how many servers there are. Looking at battlemetrics site steam version has around 1000 official servers. 1 or 2 servers a day would take years. This dosen't include xbox and PS4 servers. Or Switch if those are even supported at all.

Archived