Pillars removed

Woods61

Pillars removed

Is it common practice to have pillars wiped and they take your cliff platforms, tek gates and several walls around your base? Our tribe log stated pillars removed for being excessive. I accept the loss of the pillars, the other things weren’t blocking a spawn fairway or resource area. It looked liked a free for all last night with one tribe re-pillaring the server with there pillars. Unfortunately we seem to have upset some people. Oh and when I say gates they left holes in area. As in gate, gate empty. Apologies for the  jumped around thoughts. 

4 hours ago, Woods61 said:

Pillars removed

Is it common practice to have pillars wiped and they take your cliff platforms, tek gates and several walls around your base? Our tribe log stated pillars removed for being excessive. I accept the loss of the pillars, the other things weren’t blocking a spawn fairway or resource area. It looked liked a free for all last night with one tribe re-pillaring the server with there pillars. Unfortunately we seem to have upset some people. Oh and when I say gates they left holes in area. As in gate, gate empty. Apologies for the  jumped around thoughts. 

from a actual events - 

Case 1:

• A single plillar was asked to be removed that stopped a wall from being completed.
  • A Admin came on and whipped all the pillars in aprox. a 30 foundation area, not just the single pillar.

Case 2:

•  Structures decayed and pillars were placed so that the gates could be put back up into their position after getting them crafted.
  • Admin camd on and whiped all the pillars, and placed foundations/walls near said pillars.
  • Tribe pillared up to where the other person couldn't continue work on their structure or replace walls that might get broken.

in both cases, the admins took it to the extreme, not removing just the pillars that were the problems but removing more then what should of.   All you get is a message telling you they removed your structures/pillars because you were in violation, even if you weren't and it was just a case of the person not being able to reach you to ask you to remove a pillar or two so they could finish their work.

far as case 1, I finished my wall and left the area that didn't need pillars removed free for the other person so they could replace them if so wished.  Case 1 was just a difference in timezones and play time as both players were never on the server at the same time.

case 2 a ticket was filed about what had been done, what was there, and why they were there, and basically got a 'too bad so sad' and 'we can not discuss why structures were removed' reply from the admin who answered the ticket.

A ticket was filed about Case 2 complaining about what had been done,  even explaining what had been, case 2 happened a second time by the same tribe and they did the same thing yet again, another ticket was filed and only a 'thank you for your concern' message was given on it.   

My suggestion - Fight Fire with Fire.  File a ticket against them for pillaring so the admin comes in and wipes theirs and you can rebuild some of your structure that you lost.

• Volunteer Moderator
5 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

Maybe a miss with a admin rifle? I would hope not...

I don't think they go around cleaning the spam a pillar at a time. Would take too much time. They might under certain situations, but they are most likely using the undocumented admin command that allow for this:

destroytribestructureslessthan <tribe> <connections>

Which I assume they run with a connections of 3, so that all structures that only have 2 connections (structures snapped together) are destroyed (pillar + ladder, foundation + fence, etc.). I believe the fact the gates that are not snapped to fences, along with cliff platforms, etc. is an oversight. Stations, and other structures that do not have snappoints (smithy, vaults, etc.) are not affected but others like Tek Storage that do snap with each other will be destroyed with that command if you don't have enough snapped together. Anyways, the moral of this story; do not claim more land than you need.

3 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

I don't think they go around cleaning the spam a pillar at a time. Would take too much time. They might under certain situations, but they are most likely using the undocumented admin command that allow for this:

Which I assume they run with a connections of 3, so that all structures that only have 2 connections (structures snapped together) are destroyed (pillar + ladder, foundation + fence, etc.). I believe the fact the gates that are not snapped to fences, along with cliff platforms, etc. is an oversight. Stations, and other structures that do not have snappoints (smithy, vaults, etc.) are not affected but others like Tek Storage that do snap with each other will be destroyed with that command if you don't have enough snapped together. Anyways, the moral of this story; do not claim more land than you need.

if its that command it would have to be more then 3 connections as a structure was destroyed in my case where the foundations had connections on 2+ sides along with walls, so each one had at last 4 connections to it (i.e. a corner, 2 foundations + 2 walls). it would seem to be a rather risky command to use as well on a area coverage, as some pieces will only have 3 connections or less, i.e. peoples walls, or gates placed would end up getting destroyed in the area of effect, being gateways don't even have to have connections to other structures or gates to form a wall and still have the regular decay timer as connected stone structures. even support pillars that have to cover more then 2 walls high, as they only have connections on 2 sides.

I could understand using that command in areas where there are just pillars present (plenty of spots like that all over the map) but not where the individuals actual structures are also present.

51 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

if its that command it would have to be more then 3 connections as a structure was destroyed in my case where the foundations had connections on 2+ sides along with walls, so each one had at last 4 connections to it (i.e. a corner, 2 foundations + 2 walls). it would seem to be a rather risky command to use as well on a area coverage, as some pieces will only have 3 connections or less, i.e. peoples walls, or gates placed would end up getting destroyed in the area of effect, being gateways don't even have to have connections to other structures or gates to form a wall and still have the regular decay timer as connected stone structures. even support pillars that have to cover more then 2 walls high, as they only have connections on 2 sides.

I could understand using that command in areas where there are just pillars present (plenty of spots like that all over the map) but not where the individuals actual structures are also present.

They probably consider it collateral damage. If they have to remove some of your structures, you're considered to be violating rules and they are within their right to wipe all of a tribes structures.

They probably consider it a mercy to just wipe some of those structures and use a special command to not wipe the whole tribe.

The response also seems to be at the discretion of the GM as two fairly identical cases could result in two different reactions. I know one ally received an e-mail from a GM to remove certain structures (placed in a base like a douche) while some just remove the offending structures. 

I guess err on the side of caution or just be ready to lose it all and do what you want until then. This game even lets you sandbox the way you troll and the GM's sandbox their response. Versatility!

5 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

that sounds painful and costly with all the tickets ide bet on official with these types of situations happening ide hate to be that guy lol handling the horde of support tickets  .and true story forsure don't claim too much land and play the game as intended and these sorts things typically happen ;)lesson learned rebuild and keep surviving!!!

2 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

that sounds painful and costly with all the tickets ide bet on official with these types of situations happening ide hate to be that guy lol handling the horde of support tickets  .and true story forsure don't claim too much land and play the game as intended and these sorts things typically happen ;)lesson learned rebuild and keep surviving!!!

You may just have pillars up to protect the area initially around your building so that others don't build to close, and then someone finds a small spot between you and another base, builds in it till they can't build anymore then report you for base blocking.  this is a case where its been failing for the coc so even without claiming alot of land, it can still happens.

Just now, caleb68 said:

You may just have pillars up to protect the area initially around your building so that others don't build to close, and then someone finds a small spot between you and another base, builds in it till they can't build anymore then report you for base blocking.  this is a case where its been failing for the coc so even without claiming alot of land, it can still happens.

I feel ya man !! is why I play legacy still …people  don't do crap like this here .well at least its a seldom case at most. we defend our bases and do our thing is someone does u an injustice we have to stand up for ourselves or come to an agreement and be civilized human beings that respect eachother or we troll eachother till the end of days but ya its a survival game so in a reality some ppl are bad so always protect your stuff and never leave a hole when claiming lol caleb btw ur always welcome in the legacy cluster;) hell one day Wc might realize to stop support as a whole and save money to fix the game :D but until then I wish u luck in ur official journey

54 minutes ago, MostSpy said:

It's sad they didn't ban you as well. Pillar spamming players have no place in this game. Go cry somewhere else, you don't deserve any sympathy 

I beg to differ :D my 2 cents only as example if not pillared well on map extinction raiders can place teleporters to your base bring their corrupted buddies an have your base for lunch and theres nothing wc could do to stop it.an for that matter any map if not built properly an pillared well ur base could tp a titanosaur to your base on any map..and these days a player as stated above could possibly use a ticket to get u structure wiped ...if not pillared around ur base. pillars are a necessary evil.

18 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

My response is about PvE.

The devs really need to find a way for PvE servers to manage themselves. Either with limited PvP or with closing the worlds down, meaning a lot more no build areas.

No need for PvP, they should just monitor the servers and wipe the Cube dino storage bases out. It will clear half of the servers.

3 hours ago, devid20 said:

No need for PvP, they should just monitor the servers and wipe the Cube dino storage bases out. It will clear half of the servers.

But supposedly, cryopods would fix that...  Hahaha!  Don't get me wrong, pods have been a great addition to the game but dino-barns still exist.

@ OP, a griefer tribe on a server of mine was devwiped, and the devs somehow left one or two of his pillars.  He merged with a guy about 1.5 years ago and his 2-3 pillars are still around, so we could use that overkill-GM!  :)  Still, sorry you lost so much stuff.

Archived