Any tips to stop tek bridges from Auto decaying?

STUL

• Volunteer Moderator
17 minutes ago, STUL said:

Any tips to stop tek bridges from Auto decaying?

keep putting tek bridges down but day after they have gone even put one with foundation with it and it still vanished :(

There is unfortunately no workarounds as they are broken on some many levels at the moment. They are treated as lone pillars behind the scenes and are decaying after 12 hours. Even if you manage to snap them they will still have 12 hours.

21 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

There is unfortunately no workarounds as they are broken on some many levels at the moment. They are treated as lone pillars behind the scenes and are decaying after 12 hours. Even if you manage to snap them they will still have 12 hours.

It doesn't seem to be happening to all tek bridges though.  A Trader setup some public teleporters on our main map(official) not too long ago,  one of them in the redwoods is set up on a tree platform,  it has two tek briges on it going off the tree platform down to the ground, nothing on the ground near the tek bridge.  Now this Trader doesn't log in every day, rather sometimes he is off the server for 3-4 days at a time, and the bridges on that platform have managed to remain, while others that were placed to make a bridge across the water, have decayed away the day after they were placed.  So either something with the tree platform is keeping them from breaking, or there is another glitch there making some seen as attached to objects while others are seen as standalone.   

One guy even tried snapping 3 tekbridges together thinking they would stay being snapped to themselves but that too failed.

On 10/31/2019 at 11:28 AM, GrumpyBear said:

The poster is asking the question because on an unmodded official server,  they won’t snap together.

Mine snapped together, im on a modded server but they are the normal vanilla tek bridge

It might just be that they are trying to put them in a spot that just doesn't want to snap

1 hour ago, shadowkyuubi said:

Mine snapped together, im on a modded server but they are the normal vanilla tek bridge

It might just be that they are trying to put them in a spot that just doesn't want to snap

No, it's pretty much anywhere on any map on official.  When we try, we see it lined up no problem.  But the moment we click to set it down, it offsets and doesn't attach to the piece beside it.  Even if you set it down, then try to snap a ramp or another regular foundation to it, or a pillar beside it - nothing will place next to it snapped.  I have  two bridges chained by a platform in the middle to get all the way down from my base.  That's how i found my work around, I was not however able to widen it, so it's just a foot bridge for now.

3 hours ago, shadowkyuubi said:

Do you have clipping disabled? Tek Bridges always worked on our Unofficial Nitrado (Xbox) because of this. 

Probably a noclip issue and of course, the auto decay is a huge issue

Archived