Giga Hatch Stats

kroekerontherock

14 minutes ago, kroekerontherock said:

Giga Hatch Stats

I'm new to raising gigas so I'm not sure what good giga stats are. I just hatched a giga egg with 17k health and 505 melee. Is that low for a giga? I know levels aren't important but it hatched at lvl 146.  

17k hp is low yes but sufficient  enough to handle anything in ark ;) 19.1k hp is going around  on legacy atm

36 minutes ago, kroekerontherock said:

Giga Hatch Stats

I'm new to raising gigas so I'm not sure what good giga stats are. I just hatched a giga egg with 17k health and 505 melee. Is that low for a giga? I know levels aren't important but it hatched at lvl 146.  

The hp is lower to accomodate for the very good melee (probably a low level female for cheap cloning cost and for mass egg availability). For reference, a high tamed Giga will tame out with 250 melee. Most people are ecstatic if they get 235. A 505 is several mutations from that. There's higher but to be honest, in a PvE environment you won't need higher. It just helps kill everything a little faster. 

I've soloed red orbital drops with 235 hatch , 100 imprint, and 100 armor saddle. I've killed 150 Wild Giga's with the same stats. It will also chew through Titanosaurs. I've ran several purple OSD's with a 295 hatch, 100 imprint, 100+ saddle as part of a 5 man team (4 Giga's, 1 Yuty). 

505 will wreck.

From a PvP perspective. That Giga is behind the top line so Giga fights aren't advised but it will be fine for meat runs and a pocket Giga to chew down a trapped Mana.

Just run the heck out of Rag desert, Ice Queen, water drops, Lava Golem, and SE desert drops to get the best saddle/saddle bp you can.

we were doing red drops on extinction with 2 giga who were 425 17k base, one standing on each side facing the opposite direction and we just sat there chomping away, both giga took hardly any damage.

I just recently got some 525 and 565 melee giga babies both having 17k and 18k base health, so even on Official it is possible to get them higher, So far i've gotten them to 17% raised, and the 565's are up to 19k health and 580 melee with the imprints. I'm sure by the time they are done its going to be much higher. 

so far though with the 425 base giga, i've had very little problems taking out most anything, both me and my tribemate even took out a titano :) that was fun. here's the kicker, we only have apprentice saddles on them.  I mostly just use the giga for meat runs though, they gather it quick and makes it alot easier then using a rex for it.

• 6 months later...
On 10/29/2019 at 1:45 PM, kroekerontherock said:

Giga Hatch Stats

625 melee PvP

On 10/29/2019 at 1:45 PM, kroekerontherock said:

Giga Hatch Stats

625 melee PvP

Archived