10 minute warning for a 4gb patch? thanks Wildcard...

caleb68

10 minute warning for a 4gb patch? thanks Wildcard...

10 minute warning for the servers to be shut down, I start updating it on my other pc and find it to be a 4gb patch, DILO?  This doesn't even give ample time to put babies away... nice going....

so I have 10 snow owls, 2 velon, 2 rex, a quatzel, mana, 6 giga, 2 argy, a wolf out currently on 4 tek feeders.

Sure hope all this stuff doesn't DIE because WILDCARD didn't give AMPLE TIME to put BABIES AWAY AGAIN!!.

9C095DCF982EF5A8CB05ACEB25FF8B7C90DEA77B

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

If only we knew patches generally go out around noon PST on Tuesdays...

If you wouldn't SHUT DOWN THE SERVERS with a 10 MINUTE WARNING, that's not even enough time for a server Save.  I mean COME ON!  I don't even know if My troughs is full because there wan't a server save before the thing was shut down.  Honestly...

AND FYI the patches DONT always Fall at the same time on Tuesdays, some Tuesdays there aren't even patches, other days they don't roll out till 6 PM PST, so don't give me 'they come out generally at noon PST' bs.

Edit in:

Current Version: v300.3 - 10/29/19

• Fixed an exploit
  • Fixed issues with spawning and overspawn in relation to Fear Evolved event

4gb for this? What Aren't you telling us?

Just now, Ariad said:

I am more concerned with the speed of download from their cdn or whatever

Progress.png

yeah I know its crap,  constant stalls,  starts,  and being 4 gb this is going to take freaking forever to get.  So here I am waiting for these 'stalled' downloads to complete just 'hoping' there is enough food in the troughs because Wildcard couldn't give a Proper amount of time warning to players to get to a safe place or put away their babies....

No they just went 'meh, lets shut down the servers, who cares if people are in a dangerious spot or in a boss fight, or doing the tek cave!, yeah lets make all those babies die that they've been working on for the past week!'  no time to cryo babies, no time to get to a safe spot.  just FU PLAYERS! basically.

Likewise they are not taking into consideration the length of time its going to take people to get the patch, get it installed and get back on the server to handle whatever they were doing Prior to you shutting down the server.  The servers are going to be back up long before most of the players even have a chance to get the patch.

RIP baby Mosa. My first one a couple of days ago just didn't even happen, literally no alert on the website about a birth, the baby just didnt come out lol. Now the second one is due to be born while im downloading this monster patch. Hope nothing in my baby room dies again! I got Tek troughs this time round at least. ?

2 minutes ago, SadieSaurus said:

RIP baby Mosa. My first one a couple of days ago just didn't even happen, literally no alert on the website about a birth, the baby just didnt come out lol. Now the second one is due to be born while im downloading this monster patch. Hope nothing in my baby room dies again! I got Tek troughs this time round at least. ?

yeah I hear ya, I mean its a no brainer that this patch is going to take awhile yet they didn't give time to do anything.  hope your babies will still be okay as well.  my mate is on trying to get the update as well, so that maybe one of us can get in asap and make sure everything is okay but at the download rate, im expecting to see dead babies.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, SadieSaurus said:

Is your Mosa fully under water? I've known baby Basilo's to not even appear if the tail of the mother is sticking out of the water.

10 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

Likewise they are not taking into consideration the length of time its going to take people to get the patch, get it installed and get back on the server to handle whatever they were doing Prior to you shutting down the server.  The servers are going to be back up long before most of the players even have a chance to get the patch.

You choose to play official servers. Many unofficial servers set a 30 min auto trigger/warning for server patches with discord announcements.

4 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

You choose to play official servers. Many unofficial servers set a 30 min auto trigger/warning for server patches with discord announcements.

"some" but not "all"  it would be nicer if they would give that warning on "all" servers and not just "some" servers, like I said we all got a 10 minute warning, no prior messages and I had been on the server for over 5 hours.

At least 2.5 GB for a hotfix... C'mon, I don't even play officials, I turned this stupid, buggy event off on my private server and still I'm forced to download 2.5 GB to even launch a game!

Really, Wildcard? Fix for an overspawn takes 2.5 GB of (probably full of new glitches) files? Are you kidding? Together with that primitive Steam update system it will take three days to finish downloading...

I'm so tired of your incompetence that I wonder everyday why I'm still playing Ark. Probably only because of friends.

No regards.

1 minute ago, BrunoFENIX said:

If it was one time or another it would be normal but I have been playing this for three years and it is always like this, or you get used to it or leave the game, it literally will not change the WC shows this since early access

Yeah they seriously need to look at things from a consumer point of view,  People don't like spending hours on end doing stuff just to end up losing that work due to a 'patch'.   Still waiting for this patch to complete on my main pc.  luckly the other one finished, and I was able to hop on and fill the troughs quick like, but not in time to keep a imprint timer from getting messed up due to this.

I enjoy the game like I said, I've spent more then a year on the official servers now and raised many dino's, and I honestly do call BS on what time the patches roll out, not only that its not always 'tuesday' that they roll out, we've had many patches hit on Thursday and Friday, even some during Saturday and Sunday.  If the patches release time, as well as day were consistent people could plan for them, but honestly they are anything but, even the time of day is never consistent. 

Archived