should wildcard work on optimization and bug fixes in 2020

Kodking194

34 members have voted

1. 1. aside from Genesis should Wildcard focus solely on optimization and bug fixes in 2020 to improve Arks gameplay experience and optimization

• yes they should definitely do it
    • no they dont because game braking bugs and glitches do not matter

so if you have played ark for a while you know that it is infested with bugs. so many that is i could collect them all i could fill a tub. then there are other problems like optimization, trolling, grieving and so on. i am suggesting that since Ark is having its 5th anniversary in 2020 maybe its WildCard could dedicate that year to fixing the bugs. i mean if they got in and worked hard on it it would not even take the entire year. that way then when they want to release new content we dont moan and complain about new bugs and glitches. plz vote on this poll and tell em what else you think they should do to improve Ark for its 5th anniversary. plz make it somehting dedicated to improving the game.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't vote.

Bugs and glitches are of course important but I don't want the same maps for a whole year or the story line to end if there is more to tell. 

They just need to expand their workforce to hire more bug fixers while keeping their creative team intact. 

I choose C. Ramp up bug fixing by adding more employees but keep creative yeam intact. 

Hmmm, but they are. They are constantly fixing bugs and solving meshing issues. I mean... you can definitely be of the opinion that they don't do enough but it sounded like they were ignoring it completely and that I just can't agree to. I think they are doing a lot.

Also, even if they dedicated a year to fixing bugs - being a game developer myself - I know that it's no guarantee. There may very well be issues that can only be fixed by a complete rewrite and/or solutions that mean progress will be wiped. And we all know how much people complain at the mere breath of a possible wipe.

Granted, there are bugs that I suffer from, that I would love to see fixed, but for the most part, I just learn how to deal with them and get around it. That means, among other things, that I don't play official so I don't have to worry about meshing.

7 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

Biased surveys are typical.

It's really less of a "biased" survey than an obvious one.  Obviously they SHOULD work on bug fixes.  Confirming that they SHOULD doesn't mean anything.  Hell, if you upgraded the SHOULD to something stronger like "They must fix bugs," that would be neat but wouldn't really mean anything either.  We REALLY WANT some bug cleanup and optimizations.  We've wanted them for many years.  It isn't like they chose to NOT fix the bugs because of a lack of complaining:  Literally thousands of archived threads on these forums and the steam ARK forums are proof that the entire playerbase feels that WildCard SHOULD do bug cleanup and optimizations.

I've been playing on and off almost since beta, and while the game has more than its share of issues, it's not like it's to the point of taking a year to fix. As mentioned before, some issues they simply can't fix underlying problems without wiping, and as a long term player I'd much rather deal with the bugs than lose close to 2k dinos tbh. 

Honestly they should continue addressing issues as they update the game, but maybe spend that year investing in building the community. The Halloween event has brought more activity to my server and the game as a whole than I've seen for awhile. 

i did say that if WC focused solely on fixing bugs and other problems it would not take them long. but because they are instead only worried about adding new content they cant be bothered to worry about fixing bugs. ark is the only survival game that i have played that has the amount of bugs it has. trust me i have played ALOT of survival games. i am studying to become a game dev. i can tell you now if i ever make my own game i will work to fix the bugs before adding new content that will just just add more to the list of bugs. point is it wont take much time to fix the bugs. that is if they put the effort in. a quote i like to go by is "you only get out what you put into something" right now wc are not putting much much effort into doing whats right for the game. now if they had fixed bugs as they were recorded and reported the game would not be as bug infested as it is now. instead they ignored them and continued to add more content. its like a water pipe. it starts to clog up. you dont worry about it and leave it thinking it wont do much harm. you keep putting it off. eventually if has become completly blocked. now when you finally go to unclog it the blockage has hardend and is harder to remove because there is more blockage. this is what ark is like. ark being the pipe, and the bugs being the blockge. the longer they put it off. the more challenging it will be to clean up. using a quote form one of my fav shows as a child " never put off until tomorrow what can be done today" (ninjago). anyway my point is wc should focus n fixing the bugs they can before it become impossible.

17 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

I can't vote.

Bugs and glitches are of course important but I don't want the same maps for a whole year or the story line to end if there is more to tell. 

They just need to expand their workforce to hire more bug fixers while keeping their creative team intact. 

I choose C. Ramp up bug fixing by adding more employees but keep creative yeam intact. 

that should have been an option, if only i thought of that

honestly, they should of been working on optimization sense the begining.

far as bug fixes, they do some, they ignore others, and shelf even more to be worked on at a 'later date'. bugs should have been worked on as they became known from the beginning to lessen them causing further issues down the road, rather then waiting months, years, to address them.

1 minute ago, caleb68 said:

honestly, they should of been working on optimization sense the begining.

far as bug fixes, they do some, they ignore others, and shelf even more to be worked on at a 'later date'. bugs should have been worked on as they became known from the beginning to lessen them causing further issues down the road, rather then waiting months, years, to address them.

reminds me of when i was little. my room would always get messy from me sharing it with my younger brother. i was always asked to clean up the room. one time i did not clean if for months. it was soo filthy it took a few weeks to clean. point is if they had not put off this kind of stuff for ages their job of fixing the bugs would have been easier. i learnt that after cleaning my room. with the new year appproaching they should focus on fixing the game for the start of the year till it is at the stat it should be at for its age. then they can focus on adding new stuff. i feel like i should ping a someone like chris so they see this thread.

ghost holes, those are things that i bet every player has experienced. also this has not been in the game from the start but about a year after i started playing. getting stuck or sicking into objects like stones, rocks and drift wood. i get it does not seem like that big of a problem but say u are tamign something like a raptor and u r running from it. you catch on a small harvest-able rock and as u equip a tool the raptor has clung to you and you are dead. it has happened to me many times. it infuriates me as it has screwed up so many taming attempts and other activities. 

does this answer your question @LEDminer?

2 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

With ghost holes, if you mean those holes in the ground where you get stuck in a floating state and can't escape, a lot of them have been fixed. There are some, but fortunately they are in spots where you usually don't go often. If you find any, just report them, and once if a while, WildCard will fix them in one patch (see the Aberration polishes a few patches ago).

Getting stuck in harvestable resources, not sure if it's a bug or more of just the character being unable to run over it due to it being too large. Avoid running into thickets and you shouldn't get stuck in them. Also, on what map does this occur the most for you? I can recall Aberration having many small rocks that you cannot run over.

no seriously, i was recording with my friends. we were on rag near viking bay in the waste land like area taming a raptor. he was runnign over river rocks (small smooth round rocks) which are able to be traversed easily at times. he got stuck and raptor pounced him. i bolad it and he was literaly stuck IN the rock. i took a screen shot on his xbox. it was funny but frustrating. it not only rocks. i have also gotten stuck on the branches or rag that give thatch and wood and look like they from palm trees. also search up syntac's glitches videos. he has a list of them.

9 hours ago, LEDminer said:

Strange, I have never gotten stuck on those. Could probably be something only on console, since I play ARK on PC.

Syntac's latest video on glitches is actually pretty funny. Aside from the one where unconscious creatures can move, none of the glitches are game breaking or give any significant advantage, thus fixing them shouldn't be a priority. Of course, once other major things are sorted out, things like those can looked into more.

(The glidesuit bug is actually pretty hilarious, despite being unintended I would call it a feature)

i not saying those bugs are bad. but there are alot of bugs that should be fixed.

here is a list of bugs that i face just with breeding alone.

egg incubation timer not synchronized with server timer, but the spoil timer is
when the ping is above 120, the rex eggs dont rest on the ground, they fall down and hover back up into the rex, with 255 it goes all the way back into the rex
eggs stack on other eggs, try that in real life lol, and with high ping, this means eggs can stack up, once again into the rex itself.
rex can lay egg in the mesh, and basilos can give baby into the mesh if positioned on the ground.
the rex tale can push you into foundations and you are stuck, with god knows how much rex eggs around you spoiling
the baby rex collision box is far to big, same for giga.
info cards on screen are on the wrong position on some dinos like theri and meso
unclaimed dead baby rexes cannot be harvested in pve and you cannot walk over dead baby rexes.
during growth, dinos get stuck into structures.
they can even despawn if that happens in some locations
the egg fog is way to demanding and makes fps drop, sometimes way to much.
and then the baby to juvenile bug, if a baby is not rendered when it transitions to juvenile, it wont eat from the troughs and it will die.
when the eggs are not rendered and they hatch, the babies can drop down thru structures, which will force you to destroy your hatching area to reach your babies.

Archived